Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Nate Clements
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jagz4life

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 4:52 pm    Post subject: Nate Clements Reply with quote

Are the Bills going to franchise him? I know he didn't have the best year this year but I would love for him to come to Jacksonville. I know the Bills like McGee... but whats the overall feeling on Clements and his future there?
l3lind golfer

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a Bills fan, but I've heard people saying that if the Bills franchise him he could become a locker room cancer. I think that the Bill will probably franchise him then trade him to someone. I don't really think there's anyway the Bills let him walk. He's one of the best CBs in the game.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:20 am    Post subject: Franchise Tag Reply with quote

The franchise cap costs for CBs came out this week. It will onky cost the Bills 5.89 mil to franchise Clements. That is a relative steal when talking franchise costs. The Bills will almost certainly tag him if they can't, or don't want to, sign him long term.

Plus with Juron being a defensice mind you would think he wants some stability at the corner so there is no motivation from the new coaching staff to get rid of him.
jagz4life

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 1:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Franchise Tag Reply with quote

mr_pappagorgio wrote:
The franchise cap costs for CBs came out this week. It will onky cost the Bills 5.89 mil to franchise Clements. That is a relative steal when talking franchise costs. The Bills will almost certainly tag him if they can't, or don't want to, sign him long term.

Plus with Juron being a defensice mind you would think he wants some stability at the corner so there is no motivation from the new coaching staff to get rid of him.

Yeah good point. I know he wants a big contract though... maybe you guys can franchise him, trade him to the Jags and we'll sign him to one Very Happy
l3lind golfer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody will sign him to the kind of contract he wants. He want's to get Champ Bailey money. That is a good deal if you franchise him though. The problem with that is how is he going to react to being franchised? We all know what happend to Charles Woodson when he was franchised and didn't recieve a long term deal. Yes, he was injured, but he's only played 19 games out of a possible 31 games.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

l3lind golfer wrote:
Nobody will sign him to the kind of contract he wants. He want's to get Champ Bailey money. That is a good deal if you franchise him though. The problem with that is how is he going to react to being franchised? We all know what happend to Charles Woodson when he was franchised and didn't recieve a long term deal. Yes, he was injured, but he's only played 19 games out of a possible 31 games.

The Jaguars have room and if they want to really make themselves contenders, they'll sign him to a long term deal and guarentee SB contention for many years to come.
l3lind golfer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jagz4life wrote:
The Jaguars have room and if they want to really make themselves contenders, they'll sign him to a long term deal and guarentee SB contention for many years to come.

I'm a Rams fan, so I want Nate to go to St. Louis. I like the Jags, so I don't have a problem with Nate making a home in Jacksonville. Just think. Nate Clements on one side and Rashean Mathis on the other. That's just flat out scary. Actually, if I were Nate Clements I would really really consider going to Jacksonville, because they have a really young team that's on the verge of going to the Superbowl and he could be the finishing piece to an already great defence.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You think Buffalo's d was bad this year with Nate Clements?

See how bad it is next year when Terrence McGee a.ka. Captain Mental Lapse is the number 1 corner.

He will be in a Bills uni next year, without a doubt.

STchamp said Tye Hill will go in the first!
February 20th - Canada will never be the same
dabs21nike

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see the Bills franchising him. At least that is what the talk around here in Buffalo is. $5.89 million isn't that much to pay for a solid #1 CB. If the Bills can get a defensive line and produce some kind of pass rush, Clements will be back to his old self. No CB can cover any WR for 5-8 seconds every play. You will see Clements back among the top CB's in the NFL next year, you can quote me on that.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dabs21nike wrote:
I see the Bills franchising him. At least that is what the talk around here in Buffalo is. $5.89 million isn't that much to pay for a solid #1 CB. If the Bills can get a defensive line and produce some kind of pass rush, Clements will be back to his old self. No CB can cover any WR for 5-8 seconds every play. You will see Clements back among the top CB's in the NFL next year, you can quote me on that.

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Please tell me your lying! LOL... I want him in Jacksonville man lol
l3lind golfer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why does it cost Buffalo 5.89 million to franchise Nate Clements. It took Oakland like 10 million to franchise him. I think it's the top 3 salaries from the Cornerback position isn't it? If not how does it work? Who are the top guys making the most money this year?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

l3lind golfer wrote:
Why does it cost Buffalo 5.89 million to franchise Nate Clements. It took Oakland like 10 million to franchise him. I think it's the top 3 salaries from the Cornerback position isn't it? If not how does it work? Who are the top guys making the most money this year?

By "him" I believe you mean Charles Woodson and I was going to say the same thing... The tag is based on the top 5 paid players at the position and that is averaged to get the franchise tag price. I don't see how it would go down that much.
dabs21nike

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

l3lind golfer wrote:

Here's a topic in the NFL section that dicusses the salaries for franchised players:http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=43172

Woodson cost the Raiders $10 million to franchise because he was franchised multiple times. Every additional time you are franchised, you need to get a 10% increase in pay.

jagz4life wrote:
By "him" I believe you mean Charles Woodson and I was going to say the same thing... The tag is based on the top 5 paid players at the position and that is averaged to get the franchise tag price. I don't see how it would go down that much.

It supposedly went down this year because the top paid CB's are early in their contracts. A lot of big CB contracts have been signed in recent years, and since most contracts now a days have more money towards the end of the contract, less money is being paid to the top 5 CB's this season. At least that's my understanding of why the salary went down.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for posting that. Wow, the price really went down. Now Oakland might just franchise Charles Woodson. I though that Oakland wouldn't pay Woodson $10 million this comming up season, but now I guess they will only have to pay him about $5 million.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No Charles Woodson would make 10% more than he did last year so if Oakland wanted to Franchise him it would cost 11M dollars if he made 10 last year.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: