Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

3-4 and 4-3 Team Needs (offense and defense)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
addy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 4:14 pm    Post subject: 3-4 and 4-3 Team Needs (offense and defense) Reply with quote

Regardless of the defense, our offense is set with Jones at RB, Barnes/Anderson at FB, Adams at LT, Allen at LG, Johnson at C, Peterman at RG, Witten/Campbell at TE, and Johnson/Glenn at WR. We could use a #1 or #2 WR, a RT, and a QB (either backup to Henson or to start if he's not ready).

To stay in the 4-3 means signing a CB, FS, DT, and DE. I believe Newman at LCB, Williams at SS, Ellis at DE, Glover at DT, Nguyen at MLB, and Coakley (if restructured) and Singleton (or James/Thornton) at OLB are above average to outstanding at their respective positions.

I believe the money we have under the cap can land us 3 or 4 players of this caliber (as well as some less expensive role players/backups) We can then sign a Free Agent CB (Lucas, Smoot, Rolle, or Dyson), a FA DT (Jason Ferguson, Seth Payne), a FA OT (Kareem McKenzie) and a FA QB (Bledsoe). The draft can then be used to sign the best available WR and DE in the 1st and a FS in the 2nd, leaving us with this lineup...

QB Bledsoe/Henson
RB Jones
FB Barnes
WR Johnson
WR 1st round pick
TE Witten
LT Adams
LG Allen
C Johnson
RG Peterman
RT McKenzie

DE Ellis
DT Glover
DT Ferguson/Payne
DE 1st round pick
OLB Singleton/James
MLB Nguyen
OLB Coakley
LCB Newman
SS Williams
FS 2nd round pick/Hunter
RCB Lucas/Smoot/Rolle/Dyson

Now for the 3-4, we have the same needs for our offense, but a few different (and some of the same) needs on defense. We still need a CB, FS, DT and a DE. Newman, Williams, Nguyen, James, and possibly Glover (at DE) could make the switch. We then sign the same Free Agent CB, QB, and DT. Here's where the differences come in to play. We must choose between an OT and an ILB (I'd go with ILB because I think we could find an OT in the draft, harder to find a ILB for the 3-4 there). That leaves us with holes at OT, FS, DE, OLB and WR (WR being the least needed). Although we will have Ellis and Coakley that in a trade could land us at least a high 2nd. We then use the 2 firsts on DE and OLB and use the 2nd and whatever we get for Ellis and Coakley on a FS and OT. WR is left unanswered (but i believe this is not as big a problem as some think), leaving us with this lineup...

QB Bledsoe/Henson
RB Jones
FB Barnes
WR Johnson
WR Glenn
TE Witten
LT Adams
LG Allen
C Johnson
RG Peterman
OT low 1st/high 2nd round pick

DE Glover
DT Ferguson/Payne
DE 1st round pick
OLB James
ILB Nguyen
ILB Bell
OLB 1st round pick
LCB Newman
SS Williams
FS 2nd round pick/Hunter
RCB Lucas/Smoot/Rolle/Dyson

You make the call, I like the 4-3.
Marching Folly

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I leeke-a yuoor 3-4 leeneoop fery mooch. It vuoold be-a greet iff ve-a cuoold ectooelly seegn thuse-a free-a egents, boot I hefe-a a loorkeeng feeleeng thet must ooff zeem veell sleep evey tu oozeer teems, leeke-a lest yeer. Hurty flurty schnipp schnipp! I hupe-a thet's vrung.

Oon ooffffense-a, I dun't theenk thet ve-a shuoold seegn Droo Bledsue-a.

Veet yuoor 4-3, I em nut soore-a hoo vell thet vuoold eddress oooor beeggest deffenseefe-a need, pess roosh. It vuoold prubebly depend oon vhu zee DE ves, boot it vuoold be-a neece-a tu hefe-a a reel pess roosheeng LB in zee meex.

Thanks to BRONCOS_BABY!!! for the sig!
shadow walker

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey folly...u need to stop try'n to speak in what ever ur trying to speakswedish/denmark accent....LOL

Laughing

one of the great ones on this site

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: