You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Immediate Contribution

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lnelms2

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:08 pm    Post subject: Immediate Contribution Reply with quote

What players in the draft do you think could offer immediate contribution to Philly?

I think a DT, TE, or maybe OLB, would be the most beneficial. There's no way we could get a RB, or WR, or any of the skill positions that could step right in.

I'm really starting to like Gabe Watson, I think he could step right in. Vernon Davis as well.
midnight green

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been saying it and I'll keep saying it, TRADE UP AND DRAFT MARIO WILLIAMS!!

He will immediately step in and provide Pro Bowl caliber play at the position, and also make the rest of the DL and LBs play better. He could do the same things for the Eagles as Julius Peppers, and possibly even <gulp> Reggie White. What the hell, why not hope for the best.
Phreak

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

midnight green wrote:
I've been saying it and I'll keep saying it, TRADE UP AND DRAFT MARIO WILLIAMS!!

He will immediately step in and provide Pro Bowl caliber play at the position, and also make the rest of the DL and LBs play better. He could do the same things for the Eagles as Julius Peppers, and possibly even <gulp> Reggie White. What the hell, why not hope for the best.

As much as I'd love to see this, it will take nearly our entire draft to trade up high enough to draft him. I think the front office really likes this year's draft, they've had an extra month to scout and had tonnes of personel at the Senior Bowl, so I don't think trading away all our picks is what they have in plan. If anything, I say the Eagles trade down in this draft.

As for players in this draft that I feel would help us most right away...

FB
Lawrence Vickers, Colorado
Garrett Mills, Tulsa

OT
Winston Justice, USC
Marcus McNeill, Auburn

OG
Max Jean-Gilles, Georgia
Charles Spencer, Pittsburgh
Davin Joseph, Oklahoma

DE
Mario Williams, NC State
Tamba Hali, Penn State

DT
Haloti Ngata, Oregon
Brodrick Bunkley, Florida State
Gabe Watson, Michigan
Claude Wroten, LSU

LB
AJ Hawk, Ohio State
DeMeco Ryans, Alabama
Chad Greenway, Iowa

I've been telling everybody that if you just give me a chance to put the ball in my hands, I can get the job done. - Brian Westbrook
goose85

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You cannot tell me if we drafted Lendale White or Vernon Davis they wouldnt make an immediate contribution and big impact. This team lost a game changer in TO someone needs to pick up some of the slack left behind.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It all depends on how complicated the schemes are next year. I personally think they should make an attempt to simplify both. They saw what getting kids in can do with Moats and Brown. Also the linebackers at Seattle playing big rolls as rookies and they still made the superbowl.

The Eagles should simplify the schemes and let any rookie good enough play.
kingmatt1212

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was jus wondering if you guys think that Davin Joseph will be available in the third round? I cannot stand watching Hicks get beat on every play this year!
Sandman38

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The TE position in this system takes time to learn therefore whatever TE we draft will be in a learning curve and NOT make an immediate impact. I would love for them to go after one of the top three TE's in the draft. LJ Smith is not getting it done and has been less than stellar to say the least. He's needs comp. in training camp and needs to be pushed.
I too would like to see Artis Hicks back in the "back-up" role, I can't take another season of stupid penalties and he does get beat quite often.
Immediate impact players have to be smart along with all of the physical traits they must possess. Example, OT Winston Justice will be a great lineman someday, but he wouldn't be ready to start in the nfl his rookie year. In contrast, Ferguson when drafted, can be plugged right in and have immediate success. One is still raw and undeveloped while the other displays everything you want in a lineman coming out of college, and both will most likely be first rd picks, depending on how you have them ranked.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: