Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

my mock w/ oakland/abe trade
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
peelout142

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 1:25 pm    Post subject: my mock w/ oakland/abe trade Reply with quote

seems pretty [inappropriate/removed], but i was bored...try to be nice this time..

trade...abe to oakland for well you read the rumour on the board

4th overall pick...Mario Willams DE... im afraid he mite not be there with the oakland pick so we take him before anybody else can get him and dbrick will most likley be there at 6

6th overall...Dbrickshaw Ferguson OT...and he is still there haha, two elite prospects so far...

Trade to the Bears: McCariens,Jolley, 36th overall and next years 2nd
Traded to Jets: 26th overall pick and cap fillers

26th overall pick...LenDale White RB....him and maroney are left and we snag white right before pittsburgh pick and the colts

68th pick....Devin Hester...ATH...his motto should be "where ever when ever" i mean this guy plays all over

4th round comp via Lamont...Mike Degroy....C...another big guy at 6"6

4th round...Dan Stevenson...G...tough Notre Dame kid with a massive frame

4th round comp via Herm...Brand Marshall...WR.... Maurice Stovall will be long gone and he is as tall as him and could be a steal

5th round comp via McKenzie...Cletis Gordon...with law likley leaving we can use another CB

5th round...Michael Robinson...ATH...he plays with to much damn heart, i will not make a mock draft without this guy in it

6th round...Barrick Nealy...ATH....Vince Young's long lost brother

7th round...Anothony Montgomery....DT...pretty big at 6"5 320+

If we switch to 3-4 we pick up another ILB in FA along with a massive DT and yes of course a QB.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
MrJonathanVilma

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 1:43 pm    Post subject: haha Reply with quote

haha why not?

NFL-Jets, Niners, Ravens, Skins (in order of loyalty)
NBA- wizards
College- terps and ducks
baseball-orioles
jonyankee1nyj

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow i know robinson got heart but u gav us two guys in hester and robinson that are pretty much useless to us, they dont have a position, robinson isn't a good QB, hes not fast or strong enough to be a reciever.
much better trade this time for the bears they'll go for that definitly. degory will not be there in the fourth. Barrick nealy???? Dont agree wit much in the last 4 rounds.

Mock Grade: C- (that raiders trade probably wont happen.)

Soaring Jets Wall of Honor Member
peelout142

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

barrick nealy is from texas state, hes 6"5 230 frame. this pas season he threw for 2800 yards and rushed for 1050 yards. ive seen plenty of drafts with degroy going in the 4th so i him maybe still being there. this guy, from that jet website, was talking to a miami recruiter and told him the only reason hester doesnt have a true position is because hes an idiot and cant remember the plays. i think mangini/law if he stays can groom hester like a dog to be a true CB/return man.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Spiel612

Most Valuable Poster (7th Ballot)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

peelout142 wrote:
barrick nealy is from texas state, hes 6"5 230 frame. this pas season he threw for 2800 yards and rushed for 1050 yards. ive seen plenty of drafts with degroy going in the 4th so i him maybe still being there. this guy, from that jet website, was talking to a miami recruiter and told him the only reason hester doesnt have a true position is because hes an idiot and cant remember the plays. i think mangini/law if he stays can groom hester like a dog to be a true CB/return man.

If he's an idiot then he's an idiot. He won't just manage to learn the plays.

As for the draft: NO MARIO WILLIAMS.

We are moving to the 3-4. Mario Williams does not fit the 3-4.
peelout142

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hester is worth a shot i mean hes a helluva athlete. and its not a sure thing if were switching to 3-4.
KBS756

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what if we do the oalkland thing and if by some miracle vince young falls to us we draft him even tough it would requrie a miracle to get pennington to restucture to save our cap
and what about getting mike hass in there or deangelo williams somewhere
i don't trust lendale wihte will be that good
Spiel612

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Hass is like a late 2nd round pick and he really wouldn't be worth it because Cotchery will probably take over for McCareins by next season and Coles will be starting here for a few more years. We really need to find someone to play 4th WR who will eventually move up to slot when we dump McCareins.
Gang_Green03

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd rather Hawk (he and Vilma would be nasty) than Mario Williams. He is more of a traditional 4-3 end. If we could get Hawk, D'Brick, and White that would be amazing but I see White as a mid 1st rounder. Overall I like this draft though. Also, I'd rather us not pick up two huge projects with no postition so either Hester or Robinson but not both. I prefer Hester because of his special teams ability.
NikeFootball05

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we had Oakland's pick, I'd rather trade down, maybe to someone like Denver. Or I'd just take LenDale White or DeAngelo Williams.

Ok I'm sorry, do you WANT to lose? I throw, you catch, it's not that hard, ok? All right now get the f@$% outta here.

-Peyton Manning United Way SNL Skit
Mikifin30

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the Oakland and Bears trade happens I would rather NT Ngata at the #6 pick, and move robertson to DE. That would be one strong front 3. With the #4 pick D-Brick, and with the 26th pick I would think Maroney would be a better selection than White only because we have cedric houston.
ekill08x

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spiel612 wrote:
peelout142 wrote:

If he's an idiot then he's an idiot. He won't just manage to learn the plays.

As for the draft: NO MARIO WILLIAMS.

We are moving to the 3-4. Mario Williams does not fit the 3-4.

THANK YOU SPIEL! Im sick of hearing this mario williams crap. But Mangini made asante samuel into a nice CB, and Hester has even more talent. But you can't teach intelligence like u said. I want hester though, i like that hes both a CB/WR/PR. In the 4th round if hes there, i want him a jet, because i do think mangini can work with him
Spiel612

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikifin30 wrote:
If the Oakland and Bears trade happens I would rather NT Ngata at the #6 pick, and move robertson to DE. That would be one strong front 3. With the #4 pick D-Brick, and with the 26th pick I would think Maroney would be a better selection than White only because we have cedric houston.

Ngata is too tall for the 3-4 unfortunately. If we stay in the 4-3 I think that could be a serious possibility when you consider that Robertson plays his best when he has a massive body next to him.

And ekill I like what you said about Mangini with Asante Samuel. It's a good point. I forgot that we had a head coach who works wonders with players in the secondary. Maybe Hester can be a decent dime back with some work from Mangini. It would certainly be nice to put him at PR, and it's also a luxury to have two guys on the roster who can return kicks.
JETS

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree with Nike. no matter wat happens, we get a grewat draft if we end up with mario white n Dbrick
Spiel612

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't you guys get it? We're almost guaranteed to move to the 3-4. Mario Williams does not fit the 3-4 whatsoever. Too tall! He'd be a waste of a pick.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: