You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

So then.... Which way are we going...?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Titansfan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 8:17 am    Post subject: So then.... Which way are we going...? Reply with quote

I have found myself with far too much time on my hands (Until my soccer match later on) so I have decided to try and shed some light on what may be the best pick for the team and then you can all leave some feedback yourself if you want.... I won't be biased either because I do have some of my favorite picks.....

Vince Young - Quarterback - Texas

Young is one of a kind. He is an amazing athlete and he has the leadership and determination that I think will help him to succeed in the NFL. Young does things that other Quarterbacks can only dream of. His technical side to his game can use some improvement but atleast you can teach players this. You cannot teach players how to lead a team and also how to be an amazing athlete. Young is just physically gifted in that area. Young is like McNair's "Son" in the way that he has knew him since he was in High School and McNair has tutored him for numerous years now. He even went to McNair's Quarterback school a few years back. Young has great speed and he can buy himself time in the pocket with some of his skills and strength..... Now we all know Young isn't going to run for 200 yards in any game in the NFL but he can make some plays with his arm. He has good height so he can see over the line and he can make plays on the run. He also does have decent pocket awareness. This is why I don't see the comparisons with Vick.... Would sit behind McNair for a year or two and then take over as the face of this franchise.

Matt Leinart - Quarterback - USC

Leinart is probably more NFL ready than Young at this stage. He is a great lader and he is an inspiration to players around him. Some of his college performances speak for themselves. Leinart is one of the best passing Quarterbacks to come out of college for some time. Leinart has great techincal ability and he can be called upon when he is needed most. He can read defenses very, very well. Leinart would probably sit behind McNair until McNair retires just like Young owuld but if McNair weren't to re - sign a new contract then we may take what it needs to get Leinart..... He would then be the new face of this franchise and he would lead this young team to great things, hopefuly...

D'Brickshaw Ferguson - Left Tackle - Virginia

Ferguson is a very athletic Tackle who would instantly help our Offensive Line.... He would be the cornerstone of our franchise for years and he is being compared to the likes of Orlando Pace....The offensive lien struggled last season even with the short drop back and pass and the failed to make any sort of holes for the running game to be established which often left us one dimensional for most of the game.... Ferguson is great in pass protection and he can open up holes for the running game.... Imagine if we got him and Hutchinson... That left side of the line would be amazing. Ferguson would be in the league for over a decade and with him at that LT spot we can build the franchise around him just like we can around the two Quarterbacks above. This guy is a beast and he would make an immediate impact to our offense.

A J Hawk - Linebacker - Ohio State

Hawk is a freak.... He offers great speed and that playmaking ability that we sorely missed last seaosn on the defense..... Hawk on one sider and Bulluck on the other side would instanly make offenses worry about what we have at the Linebacking position. Hawk is a player who can tackle, force fumbles, get sacks and even make the Interceptions when called upon. He is a player who would instantly start for this team and if Sirmon was to go this season we probablyw wuld look hard at Hawk or take a gamble and wait unti lthe second round to take a Linebacker.

Jimmy Williams - Defensive back - Virginia Tech

Williams is very athletic and he would offer our secondary a much needed height factor and the big playmaking ability. With Williams on one side and PacMan on the other side teams would fin it much harder to throw against us. Williams can also play Safety so if someone like Tank Williams were to be cut then we may look long and hard at Williams.... He has good hands and he is a ball hawk... However, we should only look to get Williams in a trade down because he doesn't warrant the number three pick in the draft.....

I would do more but it takes ages for posts like these and I have to go soon so that is all I can do....

Please leave feedback or add some players who you would like us to take... These are the five I am most happy with taking in one form or another....

Here's a couple of more players that I have found tiem to add to the list....

Reggie Bush - Running Back - USC

Bush has a heck of a lot of potential. He is touted by many to be the next best thing in the NFL. He has good speed and he is very quick with his feet. He can break big runs whenever called upon if he has to. However, do we want a third running back when we have bigger needs? In my eyes no. We have Chris Brown and Travis Henry who proved very little last season but we know what they are capable of. Also, it's looking more and more likely that Bush won't be there come our pick... Another question mark that some people have raised is his durability. Is he capable of carrying the ball 20+ times a game...? That I don't know...

Chad Greenway - Linebacker - Iowa

Here you go Shaved... Wink . Greenway would be a great compliment to Bulluck. This tandem would be feared around the NFL for years and Greenway is another playmaker which is what we need as we only have one or two recognised playmakers. He is a good size for a Linebacker and he has decent speed.... However, I would piuck him at three.

Props to JammerHammer on the awesome sig!

Last edited by Titansfan on Mon Feb 06, 2006 5:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
TTitanFAN32

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

great post man Laughing Laughing ............I believe that it depends on what happens in front of us in the draft ( like if the Texans trade down ) but if the QBs get taken then there is no way that we draft Bush so its either between Dbrick or Hawk at the 3 spot and then its between Huff or J Will if we trade down so very nice post and i think that we end up choosing VY unless Texans trade down and the team moving up chooses him ( we wont go QB then.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

are you serious 32,We would take Bush at 3 and run with him,like we just robbed the biggest bank in the U.S,Bush is the clear cut #1 player in this draft,and we wouldnt pass on him no matter what!we would try and fill our QB need in round 2,and go LB,and OL somewhere in the raft,but fill those needs more through FA if Bush fell to us...........

If Bush ever fell past the number 1 spot,He WOULD be a Titan,with NO QUESTION about it
TTitanFAN32

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans will return wrote:
are you serious 32,We would take Bush at 3 and run with him,like we just robbed the biggest bank in the U.S,Bush is the clear cut #1 player in this draft,and we wouldnt pass on him no matter what!we would try and fill our QB need in round 2,and go LB,and OL somewhere in the raft,but fill those needs more through FA if Bush fell to us...........

If Bush ever fell past the number 1 spot,He WOULD be a Titan,with NO QUESTION about it

so we would have 3 fairly young decent RB.........we would def be cutting some players then

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like your post man. Very informative. I have to say that I am totlaly sold on Vince. I'll explain why and it's not just because of the last two Rose Bowl games. I live in Dallas so I have seen this kid mature like no other athlete I have ever seen. Im 37 so yeah, Ive seen 'em come and go. After the 12-0 Oklahoma loss two years ago there was a lot of talk if "this Vince Young kid" should even be Quarterbacking the Longhorns. There was talk of him getting benched and the papers around here were ripping him a new one. He persevered and learned to be himself. Mack Brown let the reigns go a little and let Vince be Vince and that started about 2 games before the Michigan Rose Bowl game. The rest is history...so far.

VINCE YOUNG PROS:
~A complete leader who does it the right way by leading by example on the field and off.

~Fast and extremely durable. Never missed a start at Texas due to injury.

~Excellent arm strength combined with great touch and an uncanny ability to find the TE's in his progressions (Very Titan like) when coverage dictates.

~Doesn't tuck and run at the first sign of trouble. Most of Vince's runs were designed to be such a play.

~Could actually play WR or HB if asked to do so. The complete athlete.

VINCE YOUNG CONS:

~Has a tendency to put the ball on the turf too much. He doesn't have small hands so hopefully this can be a taught skill at the pro level.

~Neesds to learn how to tuck and slide rather than trying to run over people. He's big but a Pro LB will welcome him tot he NFL the hard way if he's not careful.

~ALWAYS has played from a shotgun. Learning the 7 step drop has taken Kyle Boller 3 years to learn. Hopefully Vince is more of an athlete and can adapt to the 3/5/7 step NFL type drops. The combine will be very interesting indeed as far as that goes.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well he will definately have timne to learn the steps while learning for a year,and great post man!

and to you 32,
Travis Henry will likely not be back,along with Jarret Payton,and if Bush fell I promise you,He would be a Titan,and he would start right away......
SHAVED_CHICKEN

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would add Chad Greenway to the list....if i had a choice between greenway and hawk it would take me a while before i finally decided.....greenway is a leader on and off the field and is drawing comparisons to keith bulluck....hes fast, big, smart, is good at every aspect of the position (coverage, run defense, blitzing)......i would just like to emphasize fast again (caught senoris moss from behind FROM THE BACK SIDE in the senior bowl)......

also....i would be very unhappy if the titans got bush....i think the is the most overrated player in this draft....he puts up a great highlight reel (did anyone see the reel from when he was at helix).....but he cannot carry the load and be an everydown back...hell break and then we would have two injury prone not-every-down backs......ive said it before and ill say it again.....he needs a thunder (lendale white) to compliment his lightning.....yes he is good thats undeniable.....but i think he will end up being the biggest bust of this draft.....i would not be suprised if the 49ers try and make a play for him.....he is their hometown hero (even though san fransisco is northern cal and USC/san diego is southern cal).....and i say let the 9ers take him because i dont want him......he is a player for certain situations but we need someone for all of them.....think about it.....if we take bush and at some point during next year is 4th and goal on the 3 inch......what are we gonna do.....?

Men die. Money gets spent. Glory is forever.
Titans Assistant GM FFMD07
SHAVED_CHICKEN

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would add Chad Greenway to the list....if i had a choice between greenway and hawk it would take me a while before i finally decided.....greenway is a leader on and off the field and is drawing comparisons to keith bulluck....hes fast, big, smart, is good at every aspect of the position (coverage, run defense, blitzing)......i would just like to emphasize fast again (caught senoris moss from behind FROM THE BACK SIDE in the senior bowl)......

also....i would be very unhappy if the titans got bush....i think the is the most overrated player in this draft....he puts up a great highlight reel (did anyone see the reel from when he was at helix).....but he cannot carry the load and be an everydown back...hell break and then we would have two injury prone not-every-down backs......ive said it before and ill say it again.....he needs a thunder (lendale white) to compliment his lightning.....yes he is good thats undeniable.....but i think he will end up being the biggest bust of this draft.....i would not be suprised if the 49ers try and make a play for him.....he is their hometown hero (even though san fransisco is northern cal and USC/san diego is southern cal).....and i say let the 9ers take him because i dont want him......he is a player for certain situations but we need someone for all of them.....think about it.....if we take bush and at some point during next year is 4th and goal on the 3 inch......what are we gonna do.....?

Men die. Money gets spent. Glory is forever.
Titans Assistant GM FFMD07
TitansFan9

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very good post, if Bush is there at 3, I say we definately take him.... if not then take Hawk........ Another good possibility would be for us to trade down and take lendale white........... he could really help us get back to going with a power run game, and ball control. We have a lot of good options.

BadToTheBone wrote:
VY, proving doubters wrong since college. When will people give up?

Hes a winner and will always be one.
PacAttack

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Reese decides to stay at 3, but doesn't want to take Young, then the most obvious choice would be to draft D'Brick. I don't see us taking Hawk when we could really use a franchise LT since Hopkins should be released this off season.

They say that a Griffin is always in beast mode, I didn't realize what that meant until I heard the crack of bone and was eating turf for lunch.
Invictus

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno. I guess I'm just an old school guy that thinks you can build the perfect offensive line from rounds 3-5. I mean heck, Robert Gallery isn't going to win the Super Bowl for the Raiders...know what I mean? I just flat don't think that with the talent at t he top of this draft that you can logically take an OT at #3. There's Bush and Leinart and lets say they go 1-2. Now you have Vince, AJ Hawk, DeAngelo Williams, Jimmy Williams and I mean these guys are top notch INSTANT starters that will make a difference. Yeah, D'Brick will be an instant starter but not an instant impact player that will give you the long term impact of any of the others I mentioned. Just my $.02

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What happened to drafting Roos as our next franchise LT? He would play left next season and either Stewart or Loper could start the right side. They all have a year or experience and if we drafted D'Brick then the two picks made on Stewart and Loper would be wastes.
STATION!!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Double post.

Last edited by STATION!! on Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Burton

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hardly believe that 2 2nd day picks can ever be considered "waste." Most guys in those rounds don't even make the team that selects them, I will be happy if they make decent backups.

With the 3rd pick in the first round the Tennessee
TTitanFAN32

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PacAttack wrote:
If Reese decides to stay at 3, but doesn't want to take Young, then the most obvious choice would be to draft D'Brick. I don't see us taking Hawk when we could really use a franchise LT since Hopkins should be released this off season.

look there though.........were losing a top notch LT in Hopkins and were just replacing him with a player that is just as good as him.....our team wont get better from drafting DBRick

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: