Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

PLEASE READ THIS AND GIVE ME SOME INPUT

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MNorona

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 1:40 pm    Post subject: PLEASE READ THIS AND GIVE ME SOME INPUT Reply with quote

I've been a die-hard niner fan since i was born, which isn't that long since I'm only 15 but that doesn't matter. And ive been thinking, since free agency and the NFL draft are coming up soon about how the 49ers could restore their franchise. I'll start with free agency since that occurs before the draft.

For skill postions, i don't think we should give up on Rattay or Barlow just yet, but picking up Laveranus Coles (wide reciever from the Redskins) would be huge. Although he isn't a free agent yet, I don't think anyone will make a trade for him, and the 'Skins have already said that they would cut him if they cannot trade him. Another possiblity is Jerry Porter. Wouldn't it be sweet to take a plaer away from the Raiders!! For the line, I say the niners take a serious look at Jonas Jennigs (tackle from the Bills),Stockar McDougle (tackle from the Lions), Cosey Coleman (guard from the Buccaneers), Randy Thomas (guard from the Jets), and Ben Hamilton (guard from the Broncos). A dominant line opens up your entire offense. Tim Rattay got hit way to many times back their and Barlow didn't have any holes to run through. If Rattay could get some time in the pocket, he could do some great things. And if Barlow didn't have to make a move before he even got to the line of scrimmage, he has the potential to be a 1,500+ back. For the defense, I don't think we need and linebackers if we can franchise Julian Peterson. Our D-line needs a nose tackle, so Marcus Bell (Lions) has some potential and is huge(6'2", 326). Our defensive ends aren't that big of a problem so I'll skip on that. Our corners are fine, but picking up a true shut-down corner like Dre' Bly or Charles Woodson would be great (even though doubtful we could pick them up). Our safeties are fine too.

If we pick up a good tackle and guard in free agency, I say we trade down and pick up Mike Williams (wide reciever from USC). Saying we also pick up Lavernaus Coles (which I sadly doubt), that duo would be awesome, especially with Brandon Lloyd as our slot. Even if we don't pick up Coles, Williams and Lloyd would be great. I know that a lot of you think Aaron Rodgers is the answer, but I really think it'd be a mistake to pick him up. His athletic ability is overrated and I'm fine with Rattay. If we decided to trade down even lower, we should look at Antrel Rolle (cornerback from Miami). He has the potential to become a shut-down corner. Another player I'm very interested in is Alex Barron (tackle from Florida State). He is big, athletic, and has plenty of upside. OK I'm done. Don't be afraid to be honest, just give me some input.
Montana168

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

awesome idea , im also a diehard niners fan and im also 15. the only problem is we dont need a lavernious coles AND a mike williams. brandon lloyd, and rashaun woods (1st rd. pick last year) need to be in this offense a lot. i think that mike williams would be better for us though because i can't see coles running the west coast offense too well. so if we pick up williams , him lloyd and woods hav the potential to become huge WR threat to the nfl. especially with our new WR's coach Jerry Sullivan.

im all for all of the line picks and shut down coner picks you listed above. i just think we only need one more WR that is a sure no 1 guy.

also we need to pick up kicker Mike nugent in the draft. i know everybody looks past that position , but mike nugent is a better prospect than nate kaeding and we was a great prospect (minus the playoff missed FG), i've even heard comparisons between mike nugent and sebastian janikowski. so to pick up this guy would be an even great lift to the team.
reg4422

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I completely agree with you in regards to the O-line. What's likely to happen is the 9ers will sign a guard and draft a tackle. Maybe Adam Terry(round 2). I agree that Barlow deserves another shot, and Rattay too, with a more solid O-line. I'm not sold on Rattay at all, but if he proves me wrong I will be ecstatic. However, I can't disagree with you more about our wide receivers. Lloyd is going to be fine, Woods I think is going to be great. Derrick Hamilton(3rd round last year) has yet to get a shot, and Wilson is decently productive. Also, as we all know Eric Johnson is a great receiving target. So, I see no need for Porter, Coles(high priced) or drafting Williams at #1.

Been saying it for awhile, if we stay at #1 I don't see any other direction than Aaron Rodgers. But, if and I hope we trade down I agree with Alex Barron. To me there is no other direction for #1 than Rodgers. There is not another player we need that is close to being worthy of #1 IMO.
nor*cal09

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
To me there is no other direction for #1 than Rodgers. There is not another player we need that is close to being worthy of #1 IMO.

Nobody even close to merriting the top pick than Rodgers.
CrackLaden

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^Alex Smith. One of the 3 RBs. Derrick Johnson. We just don't have glaring needs at any of those positions. But to say Rodgers is the only one is amiss.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: