You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

How bad do you want J Abraham

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gojets

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 7:41 pm    Post subject: How bad do you want J Abraham Reply with quote

As you know J. Abraham is a free agent and the Jets have some cap problems, but when you break down the Jets cap they can cut a few players and resign Abe. I know that you all want J Abe but I can almost garentee that we won't just give him up, I bet the Jets franchise him and than trade him. Would you guys as Eagles fans be upset if the Jets traded J Abe for your 1st. If you feel that this trade is to much tell me what woud make that trade even.
Phreak

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No.

Even if Abraham hits the open market, the chances the Eagles sign him are slim to none. I don't see us giving up our first round pick, or any pick for the matter, for a guy that will kill our cap space, a guy that we don't really need. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have Abraham, but he'd cost way too much when we can sign a quality DE and have a solid rotation.

I've been telling everybody that if you just give me a chance to put the ball in my hands, I can get the job done. - Brian Westbrook
TheRealMishemu

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DONT NEED HIM we have the next great pro bowler

its mr cornrolla Trent Cole'a
philly4life

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

abraham is pretty good, but he might want too much money. Id suggest the eagles go for darren howard out of new orleans who will be a free agent this offseason. He gets injured a lot but when healthy, he is dominant. Has averaged 8 sacks a season, even while injured. And he wont command as much money as john abraham would.
Steegles46

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheRealMishemu wrote:
DONT NEED HIM we have the next great pro bowler

its mr cornrolla Trent Cole'a

Mishemu, you've had two posts and I absolutely 100% agree with both of them.

At first I got caught up in the "sign Abraham and have a DE tandom the likes have never been seen!" hoopla, but that passed when I sat down and reflected on just how good a rookie season Cole had. If we could bring in a run stuffer like Aaron Kampman, we'll have a great four-man rotation at DE. Like others have already said here, with Kearse's big contract it just doesn't make sense to invest another large roll at the same position. Give me Aaron Kampman, and I'll consider the position locked and ready to go for the upcoming season.
Yo_Its_T.O.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard on ESPN that Johnny is most likely getting tagged.

Thanks EAtotheGLE
TheRealMishemu

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cole played amazing against the run so we dont need a run stuff more a pass rusher type, and once Cole learns some pass rush moves hopefully the new D-line coach has some for him, he'll be the complete DE everyone wants
BDawkKid20

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what if we were able to get him for our second round pick? I think he's def. worth a second round pick but not our first rounder.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: