Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Breakout players
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
EricAllen21


Joined: 28 May 2013
Posts: 2435
Location: Fresno, California
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:27 pm    Post subject: Breakout players Reply with quote

L Murray - I see big things from the Flawda boy. Started to really flash his potential toward the end of the year. Perhaps we upgrade interior of our line to open up holes. He is a truck to bring down. I could see him surpassing 1,000 yards easily. I know the talent is there, just needs to stay healthy

R Streater - People forgot about Streater. Streater will back back in a contract year= production. Streater is in his prime and hungry

M Rivera second year paired with Carr. Chemistry will be better, and I expect the kid to turn heads

M Watson- injury prone, I just have a hunch he blossoms in 2015

K Mcgill - got his feet wet. is already 25 or 26 but I think he adjusts in his second year in the league

who do you guys project breaking out?


Last edited by EricAllen21 on Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rich7sena


Joined: 12 Sep 2009
Posts: 4120
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have high hopes for Benson Mayowa.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MrOaktown_56


Joined: 15 Dec 2013
Posts: 3312
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just throwing out a few predictions:

Sio Moore: Finally shows some semblance of consistency and has 100+ tackles (like he was projected to last year).

Rod Streater: Has a nice 900 yard 8 touchdown season.

Carrie and Hayden: Both emerge as slightly above average starting corners.

Roy Helu: Takes about 40% of the carries/catches and has around 600-400.

Murray: Disappoints with about 800-300. Don't know why, I just have a hunch.

Brice Butler:Finally emerges as a more consistent deep threat. Catches something like 20 balls for 400 yards.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Darkness


Joined: 24 Jun 2012
Posts: 11807
Location: CA
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I predicted Murray to be our breakout player this past season, and he should have been with a competent coaching staff. All eyes will be focused on Carr's progression, but Murray's play will be the difference between having a balanced offense, and what we saw last season where everything was put on Carr's shoulders.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
EricAllen21


Joined: 28 May 2013
Posts: 2435
Location: Fresno, California
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrOaktown_56 wrote:
Just throwing out a few predictions:

Sio Moore: Finally shows some semblance of consistency and has 100+ tackles (like he was projected to last year).

Rod Streater: Has a nice 900 yard 8 touchdown season.

Carrie and Hayden: Both emerge as slightly above average starting corners.

Roy Helu: Takes about 40% of the carries/catches and has around 600-400.

Murray: Disappoints with about 800-300. Don't know why, I just have a hunch.

Brice Butler:Finally emerges as a more consistent deep threat. Catches something like 20 balls for 400 yards.
you don't think Hayden can be top 10 corner? I don't ever think he will play at a HOF level like the top 5 but I could see him finding his niche like Johnathan Joseph top 10 career. I think he can if he stay healthy and we add another force in our front seven Williams Fowler or Beasley whatever. think it will make our dbs solid and Hayden has played some dam good from time to time
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
EricAllen21


Joined: 28 May 2013
Posts: 2435
Location: Fresno, California
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
I predicted Murray to be our breakout player this past season, and he should have been with a competent coaching staff. All eyes will be focused on Carr's progression, but Murray's play will be the difference between having a balanced offense, and what we saw last season where everything was put on Carr's shoulders.
yeah, if we don't draft a wideout at 4 we are going put a lot of weight our running game. Up to Murrays to make the most of it. Might be hard if teams stack 8 in the box
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
EricAllen21


Joined: 28 May 2013
Posts: 2435
Location: Fresno, California
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ceilings for players on the roster in my opinion

QB: Carr - might be a homer but I think he can be the franchise on offense and be an elite QB

RB: Murray- could emerge as a 1200 yard runner or be a bust. we will see, but I sure do like his potential. Richardson is a sleeper but I don't expect much. Helu is a standard 3rd down back

WR: Streater could emerge as a solid number #2(time is now). Holmes I'm not a fan of. Butler could be a useful reserve 3-4 deep threat

TE: Limited in blocking, but Rivera could emerge as an 60 catch 700 yard pass catcher. Is tough, runs clean routes, good hands. Should get better as he builds chemistry and Carrs development and he understands the spots of a zone to break to

T: Watson- still think he can be the man at RT. Howard could surprise back his natural position. Howard is still young for a lineman.

G: Jackson- see him being a 10 year starter with possible pro bowl consideration throughout that time

C: Hudson top 10 center, borderline top 5

DE: Mayowa- might be a rotation player. Not much here

DT: Jelly Ellis- seems to be a plug as a run stuffer, but Raiders brought in Dan Williams. We have run stuffers, no interior pass rushers

OLB: Sio Moore K MACK- Mack could be the an all pro for a long time, and Moore could be a tackling machine and starter for 6-8 years

CB: Hayden in my opinion can emerge as a top 10 corner, Mcgill and Carrie could also emerge as average starters.

S: Not sure what to make of those guys
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
raidr4life


Joined: 10 Jan 2010
Posts: 6088
Location: Fresno, California
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrOaktown_56 wrote:
Just throwing out a few predictions:

Sio Moore: Finally shows some semblance of consistency and has 100+ tackles (like he was projected to last year).

Rod Streater: Has a nice 900 yard 8 touchdown season.

Carrie and Hayden: Both emerge as slightly above average starting corners.

Roy Helu: Takes about 40% of the carries/catches and has around 600-400.

Murray: Disappoints with about 800-300. Don't know why, I just have a hunch.

Brice Butler:Finally emerges as a more consistent deep threat. Catches something like 20 balls for 400 yards.
Moore would have easily surpassed 100 tackles this past season, he had 90 tackles in 11 games played. Honestly the only way Murray disappoints is if he gets hurt, I don't know how anybody can't see the tools this guy has.
_________________
I felt a great disturbance in the forum, like millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror, then were silenced.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sKAiY8xl88
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Baggabonez


Joined: 29 Apr 2010
Posts: 7362
Location: RaiderNation
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Breakout players Reply with quote

EricAllen21 wrote:
L Murray - I see big things from the Flawda boy. Started to really flash his potential toward the end of the year. Perhaps we upgrade interior of our line to open up holes. He is a truck to bring down. I could see him surpassing 1,000 yards easily. I know the talent is there, just needs to stay healthy

R Streater - People forgot about Streater. Streater will back back in a contract year= production. Streater is in his prime and hungry

M Rivera second year paired with Carr. Chemistry will be better, and I expect the kid to turn heads

M Watson- injury prone, I just have a hunch he blossoms in 2015

K Mcgill - got his feet wet. is already 25 or 26 but I think he adjusts in his second year in the league

who do you guys project breaking out?


A little advice, this thread was actually a good idea but then you didn't give it a chance to breathe. Your lists are polarizing by adding one so quickly (actually at all) you over what was a thread with legs.

Latavious Murray: I too have Murray as a breakout candidate in 2015 provided he stays healthy. Converse to general consensus the primary goal of a Chip Kelly-esque NHHU offense is to run the ball and get North and South. A lot of people have it backwards, if there are 8 men in the box that's EXACTLY what you want. The Raiders, like Seattle, don't need the QB to be spectacular. What they need is for Carr to be efficient. If Carr can't find success with WR corps as currently constituted with 8 men in the box, then he will not develop into the QB we thought he could be. If Murray consistently commands 8 men in the box it won't matter what his ypc is, he will be doing his job. I have Murray becoming one of those staple running backs that the fan base is endeared too even if he doesn't get national accolades.

Streater/Holmes: In most successful systems WR is just another guy. By default, I think Streater will have to be considered a breakout if he remains healthy. I hope Streater out plays his contract and prices himself out the Raiders range. That'd be a wonderful thing although most would probably think of this as counterintuitive. Ditto with Holmes. I think this is a 6-7 win team. This isn't the kind of draft that turns around immediately but in 2 or 3 years. I don't think Treadwell will be completely recovered in 2016 and it will hurt his stock a la Latavius coming out. I could envision a Treadwell/Dorsett or Treadwell/McBride combination. As usual MOST will freakout and overreact at the thought of the Raiders two most productive WRs in 2015 (Holmes, Streater) walking.

Rivera: Marcedes Lewis could be cut after the draft. I have always been a Rivera supporter but he has run his course and will continue to slip down the depth chart. He's a slow WR masquerading as a TE. Look at how hard the Raiders pursued Gresham (who's pedestrian at best) even after surgery and how much they paid Lee. Rivera will stick because the TE market is SOOO lean this season, he will not be so lucky in 2016.

Watson: Again look at the moves regarding his position, the RT position is loaded and the Raiders are looking at OTs in the draft. He'll be lucky to make the roster in 2016.

Moore: I'm starting to believe Moore is an injury risk and I want to see durability out of him despite the fact he plays all out. If he can't be more durable he won't see a 2nd contract in Oakland.

Carr: I'm surprised no one has mentioned him but I think if the running game gets going, and I thin it will, Carr will improve his passer rating by at least 6 - 10 pts putting him in the Newton, Dalton, Stafford, Keapernick range thus solidifying himself a serviceable franchise QB.

Defense: As a unit the Raiders defense goes from ranked #21 in total defense to #15. Mack will do what he does, lots of pressures < 10 sacks. Heavy focus on stopping the run. Respectable as a unit.

I'm going to cheat a wee bit here:
LG: It's far fetched to happen but if Jackson were to be moved to what I believe is his more suited position of RG I think a rookie could find himself receiving plenty of accolades playing between Penn & Hudson and in front of a QB that gets rid of the ball quickly. More specifically I'm thinking of OT Donovan Smith or OG Ali Marpet.
_________________
Nodisrespect wrote:
(on building inside out) teams without highly draft DT's make the playoffs and win the superbowl regularly.

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MrOaktown_56


Joined: 15 Dec 2013
Posts: 3312
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Breakout players Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
EricAllen21 wrote:
L Murray - I see big things from the Flawda boy. Started to really flash his potential toward the end of the year. Perhaps we upgrade interior of our line to open up holes. He is a truck to bring down. I could see him surpassing 1,000 yards easily. I know the talent is there, just needs to stay healthy

R Streater - People forgot about Streater. Streater will back back in a contract year= production. Streater is in his prime and hungry

M Rivera second year paired with Carr. Chemistry will be better, and I expect the kid to turn heads

M Watson- injury prone, I just have a hunch he blossoms in 2015

K Mcgill - got his feet wet. is already 25 or 26 but I think he adjusts in his second year in the league

who do you guys project breaking out?


A little advice, this thread was actually a good idea but then you didn't give it a chance to breathe. Your lists are polarizing by adding one so quickly (actually at all) you over what was a thread with legs.

Latavious Murray: I too have Murray as a breakout candidate in 2015 provided he stays healthy. Converse to general consensus the primary goal of a Chip Kelly-esque NHHU offense is to run the ball and get North and South. A lot of people have it backwards, if there are 8 men in the box that's EXACTLY what you want. The Raiders, like Seattle, don't need the QB to be spectacular. What they need is for Carr to be efficient. If Carr can't find success with WR corps as currently constituted with 8 men in the box, then he will not develop into the QB we thought he could be. If Murray consistently commands 8 men in the box it won't matter what his ypc is, he will be doing his job. I have Murray becoming one of those staple running backs that the fan base is endeared too even if he doesn't get national accolades.

Streater/Holmes: In most successful systems WR is just another guy. By default, I think Streater will have to be considered a breakout if he remains healthy. I hope Streater out plays his contract and prices himself out the Raiders range. That'd be a wonderful thing although most would probably think of this as counterintuitive. Ditto with Holmes. I think this is a 6-7 win team. This isn't the kind of draft that turns around immediately but in 2 or 3 years. I don't think Treadwell will be completely recovered in 2016 and it will hurt his stock a la Latavius coming out. I could envision a Treadwell/Dorsett or Treadwell/McBride combination. As usual MOST will freakout and overreact at the thought of the Raiders two most productive WRs in 2015 (Holmes, Streater) walking.

Rivera: Marcedes Lewis could be cut after the draft. I have always been a Rivera supporter but he has run his course and will continue to slip down the depth chart. He's a slow WR masquerading as a TE. Look at how hard the Raiders pursued Gresham (who's pedestrian at best) even after surgery and how much they paid Lee. Rivera will stick because the TE market is SOOO lean this season, he will not be so lucky in 2016.

Watson: Again look at the moves regarding his position, the RT position is loaded and the Raiders are looking at OTs in the draft. He'll be lucky to make the roster in 2016.

Moore: I'm starting to believe Moore is an injury risk and I want to see durability out of him despite the fact he plays all out. If he can't be more durable he won't see a 2nd contract in Oakland.

Carr: I'm surprised no one has mentioned him but I think if the running game gets going, and I thin it will, Carr will improve his passer rating by at least 6 - 10 pts putting him in the Newton, Dalton, Stafford, Keapernick range thus solidifying himself a serviceable franchise QB.

Defense: As a unit the Raiders defense goes from ranked #21 in total defense to #15. Mack will do what he does, lots of pressures < 10 sacks. Heavy focus on stopping the run. Respectable as a unit.

I'm going to cheat a wee bit here:
LG: It's far fetched to happen but if Jackson were to be moved to what I believe is his more suited position of RG I think a rookie could find himself receiving plenty of accolades playing between Penn & Hudson and in front of a QB that gets rid of the ball quickly. More specifically I'm thinking of OT Donovan Smith or OG Ali Marpet.


I see you reppin the Laquon train. Not nearly as high on Tre McBride though and I think there's no way that Mckenzie lets Streater walk if he has a nice year. GB pays to keep their guys and I see RM being the same way.
A bit off topic but I could see our WR corps like this in 2016:

X:Treadwell
Z:Streater
Slot: Lockett

If we could add some guys to the OL in the next 2 years, at RG (AJ Cann) and RT (Donovan Smith), we could set ourselves up for a guy like Laremy Tunsil in 2016 as well.

An OL like:

Tunisil
Jackson
Hudson
Cann
Smith

would be extremely promising for Carr and provide this team with an identity.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Baggabonez


Joined: 29 Apr 2010
Posts: 7362
Location: RaiderNation
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Breakout players Reply with quote

MrOaktown_56 wrote:

I see you reppin the Laquon train. Not nearly as high on Tre McBride though and I think there's no way that Mckenzie lets Streater walk if he has a nice year. GB pays to keep their guys and I see RM being the same way.
A bit off topic but I could see our WR corps like this in 2016:

X:Treadwell
Z:Streater
Slot: Lockett

If we could add some guys to the OL in the next 2 years, at RG (AJ Cann) and RT (Donovan Smith), we could set ourselves up for a guy like Laremy Tunsil in 2016 as well.

An OL like:

Tunisil
Jackson
Hudson
Cann
Smith

would be extremely promising for Carr and provide this team with an identity.


Alritey then! Lets get what I think will hotly debated going a year early. McKenzie is desperate so he had to spend but essentially where he wants to get to is where he is maximizing his compensatory picks, which are free 4th rounders. In order to do that you have to let guys walk that are replaceable with cheaper guys (Veldheer, Wiz 2.0).

Streater is a very nice prospect and I do think he will be the leading WR in 2015 but he is hardly irreplaceable and probably not worthy of the kind of $ he will command in the open market. Hence, the proper move is to let him walk. Remember I pi$$ed everyone off last year around this time when I suggested Wiz would out price himself and walk.

The WR class next season is going to be better at the top then this years. As far OTs go as long as I have been doing this prospects that aren't transcendent rarely hold their value. I'd be willing to bet that Tunsil will not be a Top 5 prospect but Banner will be. Next years draft is absolutely loaded which is another reason why I would trade back in 2015 for future picks.
_________________
Nodisrespect wrote:
(on building inside out) teams without highly draft DT's make the playoffs and win the superbowl regularly.

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MrOaktown_56


Joined: 15 Dec 2013
Posts: 3312
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Breakout players Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
MrOaktown_56 wrote:

I see you reppin the Laquon train. Not nearly as high on Tre McBride though and I think there's no way that Mckenzie lets Streater walk if he has a nice year. GB pays to keep their guys and I see RM being the same way.
A bit off topic but I could see our WR corps like this in 2016:

X:Treadwell
Z:Streater
Slot: Lockett

If we could add some guys to the OL in the next 2 years, at RG (AJ Cann) and RT (Donovan Smith), we could set ourselves up for a guy like Laremy Tunsil in 2016 as well.

An OL like:

Tunisil
Jackson
Hudson
Cann
Smith

would be extremely promising for Carr and provide this team with an identity.


Alritey then! Lets get what I think will hotly debated going a year early. McKenzie is desperate so he had to spend but essentially where he wants to get to is where he is maximizing his compensatory picks, which are free 4th rounders. In order to do that you have to let guys walk that are replaceable with cheaper guys (Veldheer, Wiz 2.0).

Streater is a very nice prospect and I do think he will be the leading WR in 2015 but he is hardly irreplaceable and probably not worthy of the kind of $ he will command in the open market. Hence, the proper move is to let him walk. Remember I pi$$ed everyone off last year around this time when I suggested Wiz would out price himself and walk.

The WR class next season is going to be better at the top then this years. As far OTs go as long as I have been doing this prospects that aren't transcendent rarely hold their value. I'd be willing to bet that Tunsil will not be a Top 5 prospect but Banner will be. Next years draft is absolutely loaded which is another reason why I would trade back in 2015 for future picks.


I could see it happening, but Wiz was a lot more me first about everything than Streater seems to be. Streater wants to be here. I'm not sure if Wiz did.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
raidr4life


Joined: 10 Jan 2010
Posts: 6088
Location: Fresno, California
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Breakout players Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
MrOaktown_56 wrote:

I see you reppin the Laquon train. Not nearly as high on Tre McBride though and I think there's no way that Mckenzie lets Streater walk if he has a nice year. GB pays to keep their guys and I see RM being the same way.
A bit off topic but I could see our WR corps like this in 2016:

X:Treadwell
Z:Streater
Slot: Lockett

If we could add some guys to the OL in the next 2 years, at RG (AJ Cann) and RT (Donovan Smith), we could set ourselves up for a guy like Laremy Tunsil in 2016 as well.

An OL like:

Tunisil
Jackson
Hudson
Cann
Smith

would be extremely promising for Carr and provide this team with an identity.


Alritey then! Lets get what I think will hotly debated going a year early. McKenzie is desperate so he had to spend but essentially where he wants to get to is where he is maximizing his compensatory picks, which are free 4th rounders. In order to do that you have to let guys walk that are replaceable with cheaper guys (Veldheer, Wiz 2.0).

Streater is a very nice prospect and I do think he will be the leading WR in 2015 but he is hardly irreplaceable and probably not worthy of the kind of $ he will command in the open market. Hence, the proper move is to let him walk. Remember I pi$$ed everyone off last year around this time when I suggested Wiz would out price himself and walk.

The WR class next season is going to be better at the top then this years. As far OTs go as long as I have been doing this prospects that aren't transcendent rarely hold their value. I'd be willing to bet that Tunsil will not be a Top 5 prospect but Banner will be. Next years draft is absolutely loaded which is another reason why I would trade back in 2015 for future picks.
I think we are pass that point of just letting guy's walk for comp picks, if they produce and want to be here they will stay. I mean the only player Reggie let walk that some people can even complain about is Veldheer. We are in sign players to get this team better mode, so even if Streater walks we will try and sign an upgrade.
_________________
I felt a great disturbance in the forum, like millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror, then were silenced.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sKAiY8xl88
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Baggabonez


Joined: 29 Apr 2010
Posts: 7362
Location: RaiderNation
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Breakout players Reply with quote

MrOaktown_56 wrote:


I could see it happening, but Wiz was a lot more me first about everything than Streater seems to be. Streater wants to be here. I'm not sure if Wiz did.


Wiz isn't a me first guy. This is business, Wiz merely overplayed his hand just like Veldheer, as he never got the mega-contract he expected.

Let's not start with the proverbial "He loves us" stuff when it comes to Streater. He has every right to maximize his earning potential as a former UDFA. Fans have the memory of gnats, it's unrealistic to expect the instant production of last years class, but there's the potential to open up more space for Streater to breakout.

If that happens, he'll incorrectly read the Raiders negotiating position as most of here have, and expect the Raiders to overpay to keep him.
_________________
Nodisrespect wrote:
(on building inside out) teams without highly draft DT's make the playoffs and win the superbowl regularly.

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Baggabonez


Joined: 29 Apr 2010
Posts: 7362
Location: RaiderNation
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Breakout players Reply with quote

raidr4life wrote:
I think we are pass that point of just letting guy's walk for comp picks, if they produce and want to be here they will stay. I mean the only player Reggie let walk that some people can even complain about is Veldheer. We are in sign players to get this team better mode, so even if Streater walks we will try and sign an upgrade.


You are underappreciating the impact of compensatory picks. It's not what losers do it's what winners do, especially in small markets.

Quote:
Since the league started awarding compensatory picks, the Ravens have received the most of any team in the league (37). The next closest team, Green Bay, isnít very close at 31.

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Wizard-Of-Compensatory-Picks/d6638cb2-c63f-4ea2-a0c2-ac360bfb176c

Now because of the record spending this off-season the Raiders won't get any compensatory picks in 2016, but that is the goal.
_________________
Nodisrespect wrote:
(on building inside out) teams without highly draft DT's make the playoffs and win the superbowl regularly.

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group