Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2nd Shot....more realistic

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NDKoke2

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 5:10 pm    Post subject: 2nd Shot....more realistic Reply with quote

how about we still trade Abraham, he goes to Cleveland with '06 4th round (Edwards Comp. Pick) & '07 4th round for the browns '06 1st round & '06 3rd round...........

Jets '06 Picks:
1a.) OT D'Brickashaw Ferguson- Virginia
1b.) RB DeAngelo Williams- Memphis (talk about him not getting past the 49ers @ pick #7 so maybe we grab LenDale White...???)
2.) DE/OLB Manny Lawson- North Carolina St.
3a.) OG Will Allen - Texas
3b.) LB Justin London - UCLA
5.) best WR available....maybe Maurice Stovall - Notre Dame (??)
jonyankee1nyj

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lb is not a need in the first 3 rounds, got to have a center in there somewhere, lawson wuld be a steal.

Grade B-
peelout142

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lawson is now 1st round talent doubt he will drop to the 2nd, and we cant trade comp picks. also i just plain out dont like deangelo willams and agree with Jon we need a C there...

overall draft grade c-
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Gang_Green03

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like getting D'Brick and DeAngelo but I agree Lawson will probably not fall to the 2nd. I'd give this draft a B although it might not be very realistic.
jets rooter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 10:39 pm    Post subject: jets will pick Reply with quote

#1-lendale white r.b.
#2-omar jacobs q.b.
#3-ryan ocallahan o.t.
NikeFootball05

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 1:10 am    Post subject: Re: jets will pick Reply with quote

jets rooter wrote:
#1-lendale white r.b.
#2-omar jacobs q.b.
#3-ryan ocallahan o.t.

Ryan O'Callaghan will be a late first or second round pick. And post your picks in your own topic, not someone else's mock.

I'm not so sure how realistic the Cleveland-New York trade is. First off, we'd have to give more than two fourth rounders along with Abraham to make it happen. And if we did make a trade, we would most definitely not get their third rounder, that's absurd.

If that deal was proposed, we'd get their second rounder and MAYBE a fourth but I don't see the point in that.

Like they said, Manny Lawson is a first round prospect. He's a hell of an athlete and he showed that during Senior Bowl practices. He'll be a mid or late first round pick. But he'd be great along with Vilma to build the 3-4 Defense around.

Will Allen and Justin London are WAY TOO HIGH. We could easily draft them in Rounds 5-7.

I feel we need more of a speed receiver for our offense, so Maurice Stovall isn't the best pick.

Ok I'm sorry, do you WANT to lose? I throw, you catch, it's not that hard, ok? All right now get the f@$% outta here.

-Peyton Manning United Way SNL Skit
ekill08x

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like that trade. Im torn between taking lawson there, or Jean-Giles, but i like the idea, remember bryan thomas is more then solid as well.

If we make that trade however, jets most likely will not take deangelo. They have expressed no interest in him so far. I believe they'll take cutler with that pick. And please do not compare this kid to joey harrington. 1) Joey harrington played for a ranked college team, and 2) harrington has so many good offensive weapons and still can't win. Cutler played for a discusting Vanderbuilt team. GIve this guy a chance, if he carried that team, hes got the tools to be unbelieveable...and i personally think he's worth a shot. I know almost everyone is not in favor of taking a QB. BUt lets be honest, the jets just signed a QB coach to be OC, chances are were taking a QB with that pick.
Spiel612

Most Valuable Poster (7th Ballot)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stovall won't fall out of the 2nd round anyway.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: