Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Trading up to get one of three?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
natty

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 11:38 am    Post subject: Trading up to get one of three? Reply with quote

I know that the running back class for this year is very deep, but what would the possibility be of the Steelers moving up if one of the big three drop, Benson, Williams, or Brown. Last year Jackson and Jones dropped all the way to the end of the first round. Could this happen again? I just think that Bettis might only be around for one more year, and Duce just isn't durable enough. One of these three could be very productive in the Steelers offense. Most likely they will go cornerback in round one, but I was just throwing a "what if" out there.
fballnut2005

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Steelers don't need a running back, don't want a running back and shouldn't get a running back. The Bus has another year, DUce is a great back for this system and Verron Haynes and Willie Parker will be ready to step in when needed. No need to waste a pick on a running backgo get a lineman or a corner or MIKE NUGENT. They need kicker.
shellkid21

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 1:17 pm    Post subject: kicker? Reply with quote

I agree with the Steelers not drafting a running back. They have bigger holes to fill...CB, OL, D line even...it's not getting any younger..and WR depending on Plax and free agency...
but I wouldn't spend a pick on a kicker....I know the kid from OSU is great, but Reed was good last year. He nailed how many in a row?
fballnut2005

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand that Reed had a good year and that's why I think they won't pick a kicker. But the big problem they have had besides CB has been the kicker. They need someone that is consistant with a good leg and is almost automatic. Like an Akers, or a Vinateri, someone like that. Which I think Nugent has Just my opinion though we have to wait and see.
andre80j

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nugent is a nut. He's going to go second or third round and I doubt they're going to be in need of a kicker that bad. They have bigger holes to fill. Plus Reed came on strong at the end of the season. I wouldn't mind them getting Nugent, but not in the first 3 rounds.
fballnut2005

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree defintly not first three rounds. They have bigger shoes to fill. But if he manages to drop to sixth maybe even fifth round I'd consider taking a shot at him.
Duce22

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We we definately look for a CB,DL,or maybe even WR in the draft before we take a shot at a RB.

MEAN MOFO!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: