You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Stock Markets Discussion Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 53, 54, 55  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:08 pm    Post subject: Stock Markets Discussion Thread Reply with quote

Idc about how the dow and that crap does. I am into stocks to make money. I am sure some of yall must be as well. Discuss stocks you like/dislike and introduce new ones here.

Ill start. Gushan Environmental. Chinese biodiesel firm. Its cheap-just under $6 a pop- and most estimate its real value at $14-15 range. Debt free. Chinese just eliminated a tax that was hanging the companies head. Now they can reopen already serviceable plants, and look to lead a growing industry which their country has a great desire to see succeed.

A $5.80 a share, this one could be a $20 dollar stock in 2 years, and $100 dollar one in 10 years, according to insiders.

Thoughts?
A sunny disposition is worth more than fortune. Young people should know that it can be cultivated; that the mind like the body can be moved from the shade into sunshine. Thine own reproach alone do fear
hardnecker

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would consider precious metals, gold or silver, before I considered putting another nickel in the stock market.
K-4

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The future of Fuel is in Bio-Fuels made from Algae. Its plentiful, all over the world, floats through the air and we can run cars off of it. If that company has anything to do with this future...I'd buy a lot of that stock.

Once Gas prices get too high, the competition is only going to get better.

Quote:
I'm mowed some grass today. I'll admit, I did it for the media attention.
james.mcmurry13

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hardnecker wrote:
I would consider precious metals, gold or silver, before I considered putting another nickel in the stock market.

Ehh, they usually fluctuate a lot more than the stock market, although yields usually are a lot higher. If you're that concerned about losing money you should probably just go with bonds.
Matts4313

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing

These threads are always interesting to read.

If any of you have non-specific, general questions I would be more than happy to point you toward resources. But, as a licensed advisor, I am not allowed to give my opinion on any investment.

Tony Romos Last pass was a TD against the EAGLES!
Matts4313

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hardnecker wrote:

Real or in a fund?

Just curious

Tony Romos Last pass was a TD against the EAGLES!
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:26 am    Post subject: Re: Stock Markets Discussion Thread Reply with quote

NextBigThing wrote:
Idc about how the dow and that crap does. I am into stocks to make money. I am sure some of yall must be as well. Discuss stocks you like/dislike and introduce new ones here.

Ill start. Gushan Environmental. Chinese biodiesel firm. Its cheap-just under $6 a pop- and most estimate its real value at $14-15 range. Debt free. Chinese just eliminated a tax that was hanging the companies head. Now they can reopen already serviceable plants, and look to lead a growing industry which their country has a great desire to see succeed.

A $5.80 a share, this one could be a $20 dollar stock in 2 years, and $100 dollar one in 10 years, according to insiders.

Thoughts?

I always ignore the comments from the,"Insiders," who more often than not are simply paid promoters.

Sig by Smack

Team Stylish
latinoaustino

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
hardnecker wrote:

Real or in a fund?

Just curious

Fund is the only way to go there unless you have more money than you know what to do with. You've gotta like the mix of actual metals, mining, discovery, etc. companies in a fund to hedge that bet a little bit. I wish I had the money to throw into some of the emerging markets funds as well as maybe an EMEA fund. I'm a poor semi recent college grad though Crying or Very sad
BrettFavre004

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

K-4 wrote:
The future of Fuel is in Bio-Fuels made from Algae. Its plentiful, all over the world, floats through the air and we can run cars off of it. If that company has anything to do with this future...I'd buy a lot of that stock.

Sounds great if it actually work, unlike the ethanol made from corn. Creates more energy in the long run to create it, although it 'burns' cleaner, and is much much more expensive, if it weren't for the government subsidization of corn, which is actually coming from our pockets to begin with.

The idea sounds great, but can it be practical?

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=17
BrettFavre004

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does any here ever work with derivatives?

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=17
steferfootballd

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrettFavre004 wrote:
K-4 wrote:

Sounds great if it actually work, unlike the ethanol made from corn. Creates more energy in the long run to create it, although it 'burns' cleaner, and is much much more expensive, if it weren't for the government subsidization of corn, which is actually coming from our pockets to begin with.

Excellent question. I know a guy doing research on it.

He is actually a mining engineer trying to do it underground with synthetic light for use in abandoned mines and stuff.

Essentially there is a ratio of cost to productivity (known only as "the number") that determines feasibility. To my knowledge he has some work to do.

Ramster
SoS wrote:
(Remember, I like that Steven Jackson style best Very Happy )
fretgod99

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steferfootballd wrote:
BrettFavre004 wrote:
K-4 wrote:

He is actually a mining engineer trying to do it underground with synthetic light for use in abandoned mines and stuff.

Essentially there is a ratio of cost to productivity (known only as "the number") that determines feasibility. To my knowledge he has some work to do.

Corn ethanol is still less-efficient to produce. What about sugar ethanol? I believe (without having much knowledge) that it's actually feasible right now. I think Brazil is actually doing some pretty good stuff with sugar ethanol.

My quick turn at google-fu turned up this. Seems like Brazil has gotten something figured out. Wish we would try something like that...

(As always, someone please correct me if I'm wrong. Don't know a lot about this area.)

MrDrew wrote:
Can somebody give me a good reason there's not a giant statue to fret somewhere?
Jeezy Fanatic

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Stock Markets Discussion Thread Reply with quote

diehardlionfan wrote:
NextBigThing wrote:

Thoughts?

I always ignore the comments from the,"Insiders," who more often than not are simply paid promoters.

Concur. Plus you gotta think, if there's really this big money opportunity then why are they advertising it to the public instead of stacking their own paper Laughing

Sig by Mike23md

"Don't need the accolades, just need the acknowledgement"
Iggles

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fretgod99 wrote:
steferfootballd wrote:
BrettFavre004 wrote:
K-4 wrote:

Corn ethanol is still less-efficient to produce. What about sugar ethanol? I believe (without having much knowledge) that it's actually feasible right now. I think Brazil is actually doing some pretty good stuff with sugar ethanol.

My quick turn at google-fu turned up this. Seems like Brazil has gotten something figured out. Wish we would try something like that...

(As always, someone please correct me if I'm wrong. Don't know a lot about this area.)

Sugar ethanol is easier to produce, but requires a different climate and significant land use. The price of sugar ethanol isn't felt so much in the wallet as it is in the loss of rainforest.

Sugar ethanol is definitely an easier get than corn ethanol, but the real success or failure of biofuels will come from the use of cellulosic material or from algae. As it stands we're simply never going to be able to grow enough corn or sugarcane to satisfy the world's liquid fuel needs.
theJ

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iggles wrote:
Sugar ethanol is easier to produce, but requires a different climate and significant land use. The price of sugar ethanol isn't felt so much in the wallet as it is in the loss of rainforest.

Sugar ethanol is definitely an easier get than corn ethanol, but the real success or failure of biofuels will come from the use of cellulosic material or from algae. As it stands we're simply never going to be able to grow enough corn or sugarcane to satisfy the world's liquid fuel needs.

Yeah the only two renewable fuels that stand a chance as far as i'm concerned are waste gases from organics (methane from poo and algae) and solar panels. Both are limited by the sheer volume required to run the world. Efficiencies will need to improve drastically.

I like the potential of solar panels to someday cover the rooftops of every building and car, but only if we drive their efficiences much higher than the limiting 10-20% that we're seeing now.

~T.S. Eliot

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 53, 54, 55  Next
Page 1 of 55

Jump to: