Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Raiders @ KC
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chiefs82

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:09 pm    Post subject: Raiders @ KC Reply with quote

I'm not here to troll or hate or instigate anything...with that said,
I was just wondering what you guys expect from next weeks game.
A dogfight? Blowout by either team? Big plays/no big plays etc, etc...

Thoughts?

2014 Adopt-A-Chief: #50 Justin Houston, OLB
Tackles:0/TFL:0/Sacks:0/FF:0/FR:0
Mr.Al Davis

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im hoping for a dog fight, a game of pride and tradition, unfortunently i have a feeling you guys are going to rest some of your players...maybe play the first half of football, and rest some players..

either way, as much as i hate any other team but the raiders, i guess if we couldnt win the division id pick the chiefs..because im tired of the chargers winning it, and i hate the broncos..
mo

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I expect Oakland to blow out Kansas City because they KC has nothing to play for and your starters prolly won't even play.

Location: When you lose the chase where you're dragged against your will From a Basement on a Hill
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I expect KC to run it up the gut over half the time. They couldn't care less about this game. Oakland should win.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This game could have been for everything, and now it's pretty much nothing. Sad

6-0 in the division would be nice, and so would a .500 season. I think we'll want it more, but it's a rivalry game, so who knows?
dante9876

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Raiders @ KC Reply with quote

chiefs82 wrote:

Thoughts?

Are the Cheifs playing for anything. Can they lose or gain playoff position with a win or lost. Just wondering if we will see the starters for 4 quarters.
saltydog

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this game means nothing to either team. So I think whoever starts off fast will take it. The other team may just give up.
Totty

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dogfight, except this time we have a little less to play for.

First Steve Jobs, Now Al Davis.. God must be building something.
Jamethus92

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Raiders @ KC Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:
chiefs82 wrote:

Thoughts?

Are the Cheifs playing for anything. Can they lose or gain playoff position with a win or lost. Just wondering if we will see the starters for 4 quarters.

I guess they're jockeying for position between whoever wins the South for the 3 and 4 spots. I could be wrong on that, though. A win wouldn't mean much to Kansas City, other than momentum purposes and keeping their record at Arrowhead perfect.

A win would be big in my eyes, as a Raiders fan, because it would make us 8-8 on the year. 6-0 in the West. I predicted we'd be about 8-8 this year, so overall I'm feeling pretty optimistic about our future if we win this game.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

saltydog wrote:
this game means nothing to either team. So I think whoever starts off fast will take it. The other team may just give up.

I have never ever seen that happen for the 37 years I have been a raider fan, sure KC may rest some of the starters if there really isn't any difference in the playoff slot they get but I guarantee you the players KC does put on the field wll be going all out for 60 minutes, they want this win more than some of you think.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we were to win next weekend, we'd be the first team ever to sweep our division and miss the playoffs.

In spite of the inherent negative connotation that has, I for one would be just fine with that achievement...especially in light of how our season overall has transpired.
Operativekirtar

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you guys seriously think the Chiefs have nothing to play for?

They could drop to seed 4 if they lose and the Colts win, of COURSE they'll play their starters

This will be a good game, hopefully with a Raider victory!
Speed_Wrench

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nickdawg wrote:
If we were to win next weekend, we'd be the first team ever to sweep our division and miss the playoffs.

In spite of the inherent negative connotation that has, I for one would be just fine with that achievement...especially in light of how our season overall has transpired.

I think the saints did this same feat a few years back. I have a friend who is a saints fan and he said they did this a few years ago anyways I'm posting this without verifying it but I'm gonna take a few and check it out.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speed_Wrench wrote:
saltydog wrote:

I have never ever seen that happen for the 37 years I have been a raider fan, sure KC may rest some of the starters if there really isn't any difference in the playoff slot they get but I guarantee you the players KC does put on the field wll be going all out for 60 minutes, they want this win more than some of you think.

I have seen this a few times in the last few years when other teams have scored 3-4 quick tds in the 1st half and we just gave up. It looked alot like the Denver game we started strong and they gave up you could see it in body language. I am not saying quit like stop playing literally but there heads and hearts may not be in it if it looks hopeless early.
nickdawg

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speed_Wrench wrote:
nickdawg wrote:

I think the saints did this same feat a few years back. I have a friend who is a saints fan and he said they did this a few years ago anyways I'm posting this without verifying it but I'm gonna take a few and check it out.

ESPN says your friend is wrong.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 1 of 27

Jump to: