Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Raiders @ KC
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
chiefs82


Joined: 19 Jan 2007
Posts: 4371
Location: Your Mom's House.
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:09 pm    Post subject: Raiders @ KC Reply with quote

I'm not here to troll or hate or instigate anything...with that said,
I was just wondering what you guys expect from next weeks game.
A dogfight? Blowout by either team? Big plays/no big plays etc, etc...

Thoughts?
_________________

________________
ryknowssd on the sig
2014 Adopt-A-Chief: #50 Justin Houston, OLB
Tackles:0/TFL:0/Sacks:0/FF:0/FR:0
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Mr.Al Davis


Joined: 04 Jan 2010
Posts: 480
Location: oakland
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im hoping for a dog fight, a game of pride and tradition, unfortunently i have a feeling you guys are going to rest some of your players...maybe play the first half of football, and rest some players..

either way, as much as i hate any other team but the raiders, i guess if we couldnt win the division id pick the chiefs..because im tired of the chargers winning it, and i hate the broncos..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mo


Joined: 26 Aug 2010
Posts: 2791
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I expect Oakland to blow out Kansas City because they KC has nothing to play for and your starters prolly won't even play.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mando323


Joined: 03 Jul 2008
Posts: 7135
Location: When you lose the chase where you're dragged against your will From a Basement on a Hill
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I expect KC to run it up the gut over half the time. They couldn't care less about this game. Oakland should win.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nightmare


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Posts: 2759
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This game could have been for everything, and now it's pretty much nothing. Sad

6-0 in the division would be nice, and so would a .500 season. I think we'll want it more, but it's a rivalry game, so who knows?
_________________
Quote:
Warren Sapp is a fool. That dude is stupid. He played for the Raiders 20 years ago, no one cares what he says, nobody likes him, hes a joke.
^ ^ ^ Chaz Schilens
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dante9876


Joined: 23 Dec 2008
Posts: 21283
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Raiders @ KC Reply with quote

chiefs82 wrote:
I'm not here to troll or hate or instigate anything...with that said,
I was just wondering what you guys expect from next weeks game.
A dogfight? Blowout by either team? Big plays/no big plays etc, etc...

Thoughts?


Are the Cheifs playing for anything. Can they lose or gain playoff position with a win or lost. Just wondering if we will see the starters for 4 quarters.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
saltydog


Joined: 05 Apr 2008
Posts: 606
Location: I.E.
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this game means nothing to either team. So I think whoever starts off fast will take it. The other team may just give up.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Totty


Joined: 05 Jan 2006
Posts: 9401
Location: Moundsville W.V.
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dogfight, except this time we have a little less to play for.
_________________


First Steve Jobs, Now Al Davis.. God must be building something.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Jamethus92


Joined: 03 Mar 2007
Posts: 4958
Location: Colorado Springs
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Raiders @ KC Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:
chiefs82 wrote:
I'm not here to troll or hate or instigate anything...with that said,
I was just wondering what you guys expect from next weeks game.
A dogfight? Blowout by either team? Big plays/no big plays etc, etc...

Thoughts?


Are the Cheifs playing for anything. Can they lose or gain playoff position with a win or lost. Just wondering if we will see the starters for 4 quarters.


I guess they're jockeying for position between whoever wins the South for the 3 and 4 spots. I could be wrong on that, though. A win wouldn't mean much to Kansas City, other than momentum purposes and keeping their record at Arrowhead perfect.

A win would be big in my eyes, as a Raiders fan, because it would make us 8-8 on the year. 6-0 in the West. I predicted we'd be about 8-8 this year, so overall I'm feeling pretty optimistic about our future if we win this game.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Speed_Wrench


Joined: 08 Feb 2010
Posts: 4614
Location: Bay area
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

saltydog wrote:
this game means nothing to either team. So I think whoever starts off fast will take it. The other team may just give up.


I have never ever seen that happen for the 37 years I have been a raider fan, sure KC may rest some of the starters if there really isn't any difference in the playoff slot they get but I guarantee you the players KC does put on the field wll be going all out for 60 minutes, they want this win more than some of you think.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nickdawg


Moderator
Joined: 07 Jan 2006
Posts: 7099
Location: The home of Yuengling.
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we were to win next weekend, we'd be the first team ever to sweep our division and miss the playoffs.

In spite of the inherent negative connotation that has, I for one would be just fine with that achievement...especially in light of how our season overall has transpired.
_________________
The last time the Cubs won the World Series, diarrhea was one of the 5 leading causes of death, and women weren't allowed to vote.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Operativekirtar


Joined: 06 Mar 2007
Posts: 175
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you guys seriously think the Chiefs have nothing to play for?


They could drop to seed 4 if they lose and the Colts win, of COURSE they'll play their starters

This will be a good game, hopefully with a Raider victory!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Speed_Wrench


Joined: 08 Feb 2010
Posts: 4614
Location: Bay area
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nickdawg wrote:
If we were to win next weekend, we'd be the first team ever to sweep our division and miss the playoffs.

In spite of the inherent negative connotation that has, I for one would be just fine with that achievement...especially in light of how our season overall has transpired.


I think the saints did this same feat a few years back. I have a friend who is a saints fan and he said they did this a few years ago anyways I'm posting this without verifying it but I'm gonna take a few and check it out.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
saltydog


Joined: 05 Apr 2008
Posts: 606
Location: I.E.
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speed_Wrench wrote:
saltydog wrote:
this game means nothing to either team. So I think whoever starts off fast will take it. The other team may just give up.


I have never ever seen that happen for the 37 years I have been a raider fan, sure KC may rest some of the starters if there really isn't any difference in the playoff slot they get but I guarantee you the players KC does put on the field wll be going all out for 60 minutes, they want this win more than some of you think.


I have seen this a few times in the last few years when other teams have scored 3-4 quick tds in the 1st half and we just gave up. It looked alot like the Denver game we started strong and they gave up you could see it in body language. I am not saying quit like stop playing literally but there heads and hearts may not be in it if it looks hopeless early.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nickdawg


Moderator
Joined: 07 Jan 2006
Posts: 7099
Location: The home of Yuengling.
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speed_Wrench wrote:
nickdawg wrote:
If we were to win next weekend, we'd be the first team ever to sweep our division and miss the playoffs.

In spite of the inherent negative connotation that has, I for one would be just fine with that achievement...especially in light of how our season overall has transpired.


I think the saints did this same feat a few years back. I have a friend who is a saints fan and he said they did this a few years ago anyways I'm posting this without verifying it but I'm gonna take a few and check it out.


ESPN says your friend is wrong.
_________________
The last time the Cubs won the World Series, diarrhea was one of the 5 leading causes of death, and women weren't allowed to vote.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 1 of 27

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group