You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ahtletic QB ?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SterlingSharpe

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:45 am    Post subject: Ahtletic QB ? Reply with quote

With the success of multi-dimension former college QB ANTWAN RANDLE EL, how excited would you be to have the Packers add either MICHAEL ROBINSON, D.J. SHOCKLEY, or BRAD SMITH from Missouri?

I would love at least one of these guys, and perhaps two of them as Robinson could perhaps make a good strong safety with his strength and intelligence. Either way, I think these guys would give us more at WR than the always injured Robert Ferguson does.

I know most Badger fans (Big Ten) never watch other conference games so most of them probably have not even ever seen Shockley or Brad Smith play, but do some research on Brad Smith. See his BOWL game this year and his career stats.

Hilarious Skit! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNNiFaENUow&search=monkey
gregoreo22

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the idea. When you have coaches who know how to use those players, obviously it can work wonderfully. Look at Randall El...nobody was expecting him to be as effective as he's been, and Ward is the most physical WR in the league. I say if a guy shows he has good enough hands, take a look at him.
daintrain28

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's an idea worth considering, however, it has success a lot less than it works. Of course if it's a late round draft pick, risk is pretty much par for the course.

Thanks packerbacker87 for the sig!
westjm03

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if i were going to chose one to switch positions it would be robinson to play wide reciever because he played reciever his first 3 years. i think smith and shockley could be solid backups at qb and maybe even switch to wr or return kicks. i would take any of these 3 before marcus vick though.
packerfan466230

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 4:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Ahtletic QB ? Reply with quote

SterlingSharpe wrote:
With the success of multi-dimension former college QB ANTWAN RANDLE EL, how excited would you be to have the Packers add either MICHAEL ROBINSON, D.J. SHOCKLEY, or BRAD SMITH from Missouri?

I would love at least one of these guys, and perhaps two of them as Robinson could perhaps make a good strong safety with his strength and intelligence. Either way, I think these guys would give us more at WR than the always injured Robert Ferguson does.

I know most Badger fans (Big Ten) never watch other conference games so most of them probably have not even ever seen Shockley or Brad Smith play, but do some research on Brad Smith. See his BOWL game this year and his career stats.

It would be great, but then what is the reason for trading Furgeuson?
I would only want one of them as an undrafted free agent. I bet one of the 3 will fall.
My ranking of the 3 at the WR position:
1. Michael Robinson(Big guy with speed and he has some experience at the position. Could be a MONSTER blocking for the run, as would Smith)
2. Brad Smith(Also a big guy with speed. He ran as a quarterback and did great. Similar to Robinson, just w/o the experience.)
3. D.J. Shockley(Fast, but too short and skinny. Also, he barely has any experience at QB, let alone WR.)

=
NyViKiNg4 wrote:
You guys are lames man.

NyViKiNg4 wrote:
Focker out.
jwill

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'd choose Michael Robinson
Plus we could use a play like the steelers used against the seahawks
RatedT

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Reggie McNeal more than any of those guys. He more athletic than any of those guys fo sho. I also love his confidence, and that would help at any position. And to me, he has a better shot at QB than any of those three guys. He has decent arm strengh but raw passing skill. If he doesn't fit into the system, then we'll have another one of those rare 4.3 freaky athlete to use

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/qb/reggiemcneal.html
MadTown021

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

definatley wouldnt mind taking a gamble on Robinson, I've seen a couple of Mizzou games and I'm not really sold on Smith, and Shockley is not groomed at either position.

So if we go that route i say we get Robinson and turn him into a slot WR because he's played the position before, and hes FAST.........

Props to Darnik44 for the sig.
Bruise

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would definately wait and see how McCarthy's coaching style is (Yes, I know it's West Coast, but there's the conservative kind, like Shermans. And there's the aggressive kind, like Mora Jr.) If we still had Sherman, I would dissagree to a talent because he would not be able to use his full ability (like Ahmad Carrol. He should have been returning punts and kicks since his rookie year). McCarthy likely will take a guy more like Brad Smith or D.J Shockley because they are good QBs who could play WR or S. If Favre retires, Rodgers will need a veteran to compete, but he'll need a guy like B.Smith who will push him. When I play football, I would want a guy more athletic and aggressive than me to challenge me for line. I don't let an overaggressor beat me because it would be a downer. So yes they'll take a athletic QB hybrid.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely NOT Shockley...Smith or Robinson would be ok additions...middle rounds though
I'll be the first person to buy a Packers #47 jersey.
KiwiFan94

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would really much rather pick McNeal and have him play quarterback instead of another position.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KiwiFan94 wrote:
I would really much rather pick McNeal and have him play quarterback instead of another position.

I agree. I think he will be great.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have always been a fan of pocket passers, QB's pass the ball and let the running backs run the ball.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: