You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

the game is won in the trenches
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
planc33

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 4:39 am    Post subject: the game is won in the trenches Reply with quote

AJ Hawk will shore up the run D. I have seen posts that have said that he is undresized. The dude is about 240lbs, how is that undersized? He reminds me of a fast Spielman. I remember scouts saying that Speilman would never make it as an NFL linebacker...well he did pretty OK. We have a top 5 pick, use it on a player who is a sure thing.
blacktower

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A sure thing???
What makes you think anyone is a sure thing?
mgcc1949

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blacktower wrote:
A sure thing???

Of course there are no sure things when it comes to the draft. We can analyze past drafts for position/pick # etc but it all come down to that one player. As far as pre-draft guessing and reviews, Hawk would be close.

Of the sites I track, there are four players with a 1.0 grade (all sites rate them #1 at their position):
Matt Leinert.
Reggie Bush.
AJ Hawk
Jimmy William.
KiwiFan94

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't believe how fast this guy has gotten popular I mean he is a good player but there are a ton of this guy going around.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mgcc1949 wrote:
blacktower wrote:
A sure thing???

Of course there are no sure things when it comes to the draft. We can analyze past drafts for position/pick # etc but it all come down to that one player. As far as pre-draft guessing and reviews, Hawk would be close.

Of the sites I track, there are four players with a 1.0 grade (all sites rate them #1 at their position):
Matt Leinert.
Reggie Bush.
AJ Hawk
Jimmy William.

What site has anyone over Mario Williams?????
msmre

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KiwiFan94 wrote:
I can't believe how fast this guy has gotten popular I mean he is a good player but there are a ton of this guy going around.

He has been popular for 2 years Kiwi. Unlike your boy Huff, who dropped around October.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

onemoreyearfor4 wrote:
mgcc1949 wrote:
blacktower wrote:
A sure thing???

Matt Leinert.
Reggie Bush.
AJ Hawk
Jimmy William.

What site has anyone over Mario Williams?????

I hadn't checked in a week. The LONE site now has Mario #1
KiwiFan94

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
He has been popular for 2 years Kiwi. Unlike your boy Huff, who dropped around October

Well if you lived anywhere around Texas or have watched Big 12 football you would have known about Huff for about three years now.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KiwiFan94 wrote:
Quote:
He has been popular for 2 years Kiwi. Unlike your boy Huff, who dropped around October

Well if you lived anywhere around Texas or have watched Big 12 football you would have known about Huff for about three years now.

The same thing goes for Hawk, but he was known nationally and as a top 10 prospect for 2 years. Huff was seen as a round 2 guy until October. Knowing about someone and having them be popular as a top pick is different.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The same thing goes for Hawk, but he was known nationally and as a top 10 prospect for 2 years. Huff was seen as a round 2 guy until October. Knowing about someone and having them be popular as a top pick is different.

Yeah he has been known as a top ten prospect for two years but would not have been last year. He might have been projected there but would not have gone or been the first linebacker choosen. Know Huff has been known for longer then October since the begining of this year he has been a first rounder and just recently bumped into a top ten pick.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blacktower wrote:
A sure thing???

No need to state the obvious, it is just my opinion that Hawk is as close to a sure thing that we will get at pick five. The guy is a great athlete that plays like a throwback with intangibles that can't be taught. He has one positive that is not able to be measured or timed in a combine...he is always around the ball. I also agree that Huff is a stud. Would love to see this guy wreck opposing WRs in green and gold, but at pick 5? If we trade down I could see it. Super Mario scares me more than any top 10 pick in this draft. So much up side, but he seems to dissapear in games. If he lives up to his talent the guy will be a force.
daintrain28

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

planc33 wrote:
blacktower wrote:
A sure thing???

No need to state the obvious, it is just my opinion that Hawk is as close to a sure thing that we will get at pick five. The guy is a great athlete that plays like a throwback with intangibles that can't be taught. He has one positive that is not able to be measured or timed in a combine...he is always around the ball. I also agree that Huff is a stud. Would love to see this guy wreck opposing WRs in green and gold, but at pick 5? If we trade down I could see it. Super Mario scares me more than any top 10 pick in this draft. So much up side, but he seems to dissapear in games. If he lives up to his talent the guy will be a force.

I like Hawk, and think he would fit our scheme perfectly. But there is no thing as a "sure thing."

Thanks packerbacker87 for the sig!
KiwiFan94

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Micheal Huff is worth the number five pick and would really prove it by having the season I think he is going to have. I agree that Mario is a player that will make 4-5 plays out of 100 plays he disapears a lot and it is ridiculous.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its not Hawks weight that makes him undersized, he's only 6'0-6'1 and not many LB play well at that size, he'll either be a Zach Thomas or a nobody but he's far from a sure thing.

No one that we need is worth a top 5 pick right now Hawk isn't Huff isn't Mario isn't but if I had to pick one I'd pick Mario, now if we traded down it would be Huff or Kiwi for sure.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will agree that if were lookin for the "sure thing" it will be gone by the 1st pick. As far as the debate over Hawk and Huff.. I would say go with Hawk. he has been reakin havok on teams for two years and is always around the ball and making huge plays. Huff is solid "No Ed Reed" but how many are. If we trade down Huff would be my choice over Mario though. Mario has top 5 talent, but we need as close to a sure thing as we can get at 5 and that would be Hawk or "D" Brick if he is there.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: