You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Aaron Kampman
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mccammon07

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 2:31 am    Post subject: Aaron Kampman Reply with quote

If the Packers don't resign Kampman I hope we draft Mario Williams with the first pick. If Kampman is resigned I'd go with Hawk or a runningback or trade down. What do you guys think.
daintrain28

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we will resign Kampman and we will trade down.

Thanks packerbacker87 for the sig!
mccammon07

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be happy with that. But I'm starting to like Mario more and more. But Kampman is a good player too.
goombar2

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't hate Kampy, he's just what he is... A guy that will pick up 6 sacks a year and a ton of tackles down the field for 3 yard gains. But he brings all he has to the table and that's commendable.

But is the man worth more that 250 thousand a season? 6 sacks is as good as he gets and a bunch of tackles, on a big contract year... The answer is no.

Is he even the long term answer at DE? Maybe, but we already signed KGB and KGB brings in more sacks too. Kampy just gives up too much weight at the point of contact and other teams have learned they can run on our corners (DEs).

We might as well save on money and make a big upgrade. I think that's why TT only signed him to a year.
draftfanatic97

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 4:55 am    Post subject: kampman Reply with quote

if the pack resigns kampman i sure hope they dont draft mario. kampman will never be the game changer that mario could be but he is still a very consistant hard worker and was one of the few that never gave up. i say we resign kampman and take a lb in round 1 or 2 because it is much more of a need than DE
planc33

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 5:11 am    Post subject: a workhorse Reply with quote

100 takles at the DE position is production. Kampman is a better all round DE than KGB. He led the Pack in sacks until the last few garbage sacks KGB got
KingoftheNorth

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 1:45 pm    Post subject: Keep Kampman Reply with quote

He's been very productive, he has a motor, and is a good team leader, you have to respect that, the guy worked hard and now he dserves a long contract, if we do resign him there's no way we take m.williams at #5, we already have kgb locked up until, i think 2009, and Kampman would also have been resigned, so either take hawk, or trade down and get a good rb.
mgcc1949

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aaron Kampman is a throw-back Packer: Works hard, gives it his all and doesn't need to be famous. He should complete his career in Green Bay.
packerfan466230

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 1:19 am    Post subject: Re: Aaron Kampman Reply with quote

mccammon07 wrote:
If the Packers don't resign Kampman I hope we draft Mario Williams with the first pick. If Kampman is resigned I'd go with Hawk or a runningback or trade down. What do you guys think.

The best draft scenario summed up in 2 sentences. Great job.

=
NyViKiNg4 wrote:
You guys are lames man.

NyViKiNg4 wrote:
Focker out.
Barnett56

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I were GM, I would trade KGB. He is a bum, he didn't get double digit sacks until the last game (a meaningless game) last year and he only got 8 this year two coming in the last game. I say resign Kaampan who is consistent on one side, draft Mario who can get to the QB.
goombar2

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would someone please explain to me why you would pay Kampy millions of dollars? Speak slowly cause maybe I'm missing something here of I'm retarded.

Kampy started his career in 2002 and played 12 games. he had a whooping 23 tackles with 1 sack. Ok, he was a rookie. In his second season he had 30 tackles in 12 games and 2 sacks. Again, really poor numbers. In his 3rd season he played in every game and had 68 tackles and 5 sacks. And of course last year stats are 82 tackles with 6.5 sacks.

So for his whole career Kampy has 203 tackles and 13.5 sacks.

Let's get real here, the guy is in his 4th season, this is really the best you can expect from Kampy. Now how much is that worth? Honestly, I think it's worth the veteran's minimum. The gaul that this guy could ask for a raise!

Now look at KGB's stats. I have a link to espn right here.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/stats?playerId=2280

Notice he doesn't have a season of 82 tackles? It's normally the high 40's low 50's...

There's a reason for this, Kampy was weak against the run and teams wanted to run at him. This is where we need an upgrade something bad.
INGADOWETRUST

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

we will trade down with the niners and pick there first. pick up mario and end up with two second rounders where we can get calhoun and an outside backer
MadTown021

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kampmann is a perfect fit for the packers much like a hard nosed packer that was named Ray Nitschke

Props to Darnik44 for the sig.
onemoreyearfor4

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure getting rid of KGB hurts our cap.....yes we have 31 million but still....i dont think we get a lot for him
goombar2

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Kampmann is a perfect fit for the packers much like a hard nosed packer that was named Ray Nitschke"*

Seriously, how am I suppose to take this statement? Ray was one of the best linebackers to ever suit up ever. He's a hall of famer.

Kampy is a stop gap player. For his whole career he has 13.5 sacks in 4 years. The only way Kampy gets into the HOF is to pay like the rest of us schmucks.

I could see someone comparing Reggie White as the DL equavalent of Ray Nitschke, but Kampy? KGB (the guy everyone makes fun of here) has had more sacks in a season than Kampy has had in his career.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: