Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Edgerin James Likely gone from Indy..
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bawden

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:10 pm    Post subject: Edgerin James Likely gone from Indy.. Reply with quote

Supposedly he's likely gone from the Colts, what do you guys think? Could the Jets make a move for him? Should they?
BATCHAMP2000

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They should but they can't.....he will cost too much.
jvilma51

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes it would b nice to see james in a jets unifrom but we are already in cap hell.

Props to jgoldiscool
whydie11

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the last thing i want to see is another injury prone player on the Jets; keep james and the jets as far apart as you can.
besides, i think he is a very good RB, but lest face it he is not great. teams have played against the pass with indy which opened up the rushing lanes for him. he is good, but not amazing- i think from my observation.

tooo much injuries in the past
Bawden

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Real good point maybe DeAngelo Williams would be better, we're going extremely young in every other direction and we still got Martin for atleast a year no need to bring him in now that I think about. BUT I wouldnt be terribly upset if they did bring him in, but the when you have a QB throwing 49 TD passes I can't imagine even a decent RB not looking good.
iiviip3

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

whydie11 wrote:
the last thing i want to see is another injury prone player on the Jets; keep james and the jets as far apart as you can.
besides, i think he is a very good RB, but lest face it he is not great. teams have played against the pass with indy which opened up the rushing lanes for him. he is good, but not amazing- i think from my observation.

tooo much injuries in the past

You want to keep Abraham though? I dunno man...
I'd say Edge is a hell of a RB but he doesn't fit the Jets' plans. Let him go to Minnesota or something.
i bleed x green

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would love it if we were able to get Edge but we simply dont have the cap room for it and therefore shouldnt even be a thought on any jets fans minds.
Spiel612

Most Valuable Poster (7th Ballot)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There'd be no way to pay for it AND it's probably not going to happen because the owner Woody Johnson has been quoted as saying that he doesn't want to rebuild using high priced players. I'll find the ESPN.com article if I can.
jonyankee1nyj

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

james is arguably the best RB in football and as many times as manning as thrown the ball he still piles up enough uards to be in the top 3 in yards for the last 3 years in the NFL. He is kind of old though but he has three great years probably left in him. vikings might grab him but it depends wat they do wit culpepper. To much salary for us to handle, but if we were in aposition i wuld grab him but that position wont happen for another 3 years.

Soaring Jets Wall of Honor Member
whydie11

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonyankee1nyj wrote:
james is arguably the best RB in football and as many times as manning as thrown the ball he still piles up enough uards to be in the top 3 in yards for the last 3 years in the NFL. He is kind of old though but he has three great years probably left in him. vikings might grab him but it depends wat they do wit culpepper. To much salary for us to handle, but if we were in aposition i wuld grab him but that position wont happen for another 3 years.

nonono
it is not james having all the yards even though manning throws the ball so much.
it is james getting so much yards because defenses play defense. they have like 8 men outside the box every play, tha is why james does so good running
jonyankee1nyj

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats also true forgot to mention that, but he is one of the top 5 RB's in the league.
Jets/ND

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

James isn't that old at 27, but he has been playing in the league since 99. There is no way we bring in a high priced free agent this year. The Jets front office won't even think about it with the cap hell we are in.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jets/ND wrote:
James isn't that old at 27, but he has been playing in the league since 99. There is no way we bring in a high priced free agent this year. The Jets front office won't even think about it with the cap hell we are in.

A running back's production seems to go down prone after 28 or 29 years old. They become more inury prone because of the 7 or 8 years of hits and beatings that they take. That's why everyone always doubts Curtis Martin.

He's way too much $$$. We need to spend money on the whole offense, not just one player. Also, I wouldn't think he would be the best choice when taking his injury history into consideration.

Ok I'm sorry, do you WANT to lose? I throw, you catch, it's not that hard, ok? All right now get the f@$% outta here.

-Peyton Manning United Way SNL Skit
Spiel612

Most Valuable Poster (7th Ballot)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whydie11 wrote:
jonyankee1nyj wrote:

nonono
it is not james having all the yards even though manning throws the ball so much.
it is james getting so much yards because defenses play defense. they have like 8 men outside the box every play, tha is why james does so good running

Not quite. Earlier this year James carried the load and when defenses finally decided to try and put 8 men in the box Indy just threw on them. That's the beauty of their offense. It doesn't matter who, it doesn't matter how, it doesn't matter when, they will beat you somehow and some way in that game. Doesn't really carry over to the playoffs though Very Happy
Jets/ND

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NikeFootball05 wrote:
Jets/ND wrote:

A running back's production seems to go down prone after 28 or 29 years old. They become more inury prone because of the 7 or 8 years of hits and beatings that they take. That's why everyone always doubts Curtis Martin.

He's way too much $$$. We need to spend money on the whole offense, not just one player. Also, I wouldn't think he would be the best choice when taking his injury history into consideration.

Running backs go downhill at 30 usuaully. Alexander is in his late 20's, Dunn is 30, Martin led the league in rushing at 31, Jerome Bettis is still productive in his 30's, Dillon as well.

I would say once you hit 30-31 you slowly go down hill. It depends how long you have been a starter in the NFL as well. James started at a young age and will go downhill faster then others at his age.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: