You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Phreak's Mock Offseason (this ones unique)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phreak

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 6:27 pm    Post subject: Phreak's Mock Offseason (this ones unique) Reply with quote

Players let go:
Jon Runyan
ND Kalu
Chad Lewis
Keith Adams
Lamar Gordon
Darnerrian McCants
Justin Ena
Sean Landeta
Jack Brewer
Carl Ford
Hollis Thomas
Mike McMahon

Players Resigned:
Dirk Johnson
Rod Hood
Quentin Mikell
Reno Mahe - Reid loves him, I don't

============================================================

Players signed via Free Agency:

Raheem Brock, DE

- I just like him. I liked him when we drafted him, I liked him on the Colts, and I like him now entering free agency. He's a good fit for our defense and would work great in a rotation with Cole and McDougle. He wouldn't cost alot of money either. The only problem I can see is spite, he might not want to sign with us after the rookie incident.

Stockar McDougle, RT

- Very doubtful that we resign Jon Runyan, and I don't know if Todd Herremans is ready to take over at RT just yet. We ink Jeromes brother to a 2-year deal, and he comes in and plays while we find a younger replacement in the draft.

Rocky Bernard, DT

- Good pass rushing defensive tackle, would be a good fit here in Philly. This would be a great addition to the D-line. Bernard would work well in a rotation with Patterson and Walker.

David Thornton, SLB

- Every team out there is going to take a look at Akin Ayodele, and he might cost too much to bring in to Philly. We can sign Davis Thornton, a very solid linebacker who went kinda unnoticed in Indianapolis the past 2 years. I think he would be a great pick up for the right price.

Brandon Lloyd, WR

- Yes he is a restriced free agent, but sources say he would only cost us a 5th round pick, and I guarentee Lloyd is way better than any WR we can pick up in the 5th round of the draft. As some of you know, I am a Lloyd fan, see the Brandon Lloyd post to see why.

==================================================================

Players Aquired Through Draft

14th overall pick - Vernon Davis, TE/WR/Superman Maryland

- If we can sign the players in free agency that I have us signing, then that will give us alot of freedom with the 14th overall pick. Having filled our biggest needs via free agency, we can now wait until later in the draft to add depth and future starters. Vernon Davis is a guy I have fallen in love with. He is an unbelievable athlete, an amazing reciever and guy we could use in so many different ways in this offense. Bringing in Davis gives us back that freakish athleticism we're losing with Terrell Owens. I'm really starting to jump on the Vernon Davis bandwagon. But, we must make sure we'll be OK at positions like DE, DT and OLB before we draft him.

45th overall pick - Max Jean-Gilles, OG Georgia

- Two words - Artis Hicks. I don't know about you guys, but I've had enough of Hicks. Jean-Gilles would be an immediate upgrade over Hicks, it wouldn't surprise me if he started his rookie season. Jean-Gilles is a MASSIVE player who has first round talent, but very rarely do offensive guards get taken in the first round. Jean-Gilles reminds me a bit of Shawn Andrews coming out of college. Jean-Gilles is extremely strong, but isn't very fast and will struggle getting to the second level of defenders. Andy likes fast O-lineman, and Jean-Gilles isn't fast at all so I'm not to sure about this pick. But it would be good value and Jean-Gilles could probally start right away.

76th overall pick - Rodrique Wright, DT Texas

- Right now, you're probally thinking no way he drops this far, but Wright is a guy who's stock dropped drastically over the past couple months. He went from being an elite, top 10 pick to being labelled as a "day 1 pick". I'm not saying he will, but he could and hopefully lasts this long in the draft. I really like him, I think he's a very talented football player, he just hasn't lived up to his full potential. He's a big guy who could be a good fit in our defense.

107th overall pick - AJ Nicholson, LB Florida State

- Some will say that Nicholson won't last this long in the draft, but I have a feeling he will. There are about 9 LB's that are better prospects than he is, and after that sexual assualt thinger, his stock will only drop. He's a good playmaking linebacker who would be a nice pickup this late. He went to FSU though, so obviously attitude is a concern (jokes).

115th overall pick - Adam Stenavich, OT Michigan

- Why not? Another offensive lineman can't hurt. May aswell start building for the future, Stenavich would be a good pick here. I don't really know alot about the guy, but most draft boards I see have him going about here.

126th overall pick - Lawrence Vickers, FB Colorado

- Well, we need an athletic FB incase Tapeh isn't our answer, and Vickers is exactly that. He's more of a RB than he is a FB, but he can and probally will play FB in the NFL. His knickname in college was the "V-Back". V for versatility. He can be our power back, aswell as a solid reciever out of the back field. His only question mark is blocking. Vickers would be a good pickup and an immediate upgrade over Josh Parry.

142nd overall pick - Michael Robinson, Athlete Penn State

- Pure bias. No other explanation.

203rd overall pick - Drew Olson, QB UCLA

- After last season, it's pretty obvious we need a solid backup QB. Olson is great college football player who isn't a very good pro prospect. I figure we may aswell take a chance on him, why not?

=================================================================

2006 Eagles Roster

QB:
1. Donovan McNabb
2. Koy Detmer
3. Drew Olson

RB:
1. Brian Westbrook
2. Ryan Moats
3. Bruce Perry
4. Michael Robinson*
5. Thomas Tapeh*

FB:
1. Lawrence Vickers
2. Thomas Tapeh*

WR:
1. Brandon Lloyd
2. Reggie Brown
3. Greg Lewis
4. Todd Pinkston
5. Vernon Davis*
6. Billy McMullen
7. Michael Robinson*

TE:
1. LJ Smith
2. Vernon Davis*
3. Mike Bartrum

LT:
1. Tra Thomas
2. Todd Herremans
3. Calvin Armstrong

LG:
1. Max Jean- Gilles
2. Artis Hicks

C:
1. Hank Fraley
2. Jamaal Jackson

RG:
1. Shawn Andrews
2. Adrien Clarke

RT:
1. Stocker McDougle
2. Adam Stenavich

DE:
1. Jevon Kearse
2. Raheem Brock
3. Jerome McDougle
4. Trent Cole

DT:
1. Mike Patterson
2. Rocky Bernard
3. Darwin Walker
4. Rod Wright
5. Sam Rayburn

SLB:
1. David Thornton
2. AJ Nicholson

MLB:
1. Jeremiah Trotter
2. Mark Simoneau

WLB:
1. Dhani Jones
2. Matt McCoy

CB:
1. Sheldon Brown
2. Lito Sheppard
3. Rod Hood
4. Matt Ware
5. Dexter Wynn

FS:
1. Brian Dawkins
2. Sean Considine

SS:
1. Michael Lewis
2. Quentin Mikell

K:
1. David Akers

Punter:
1. Dirk Johnson

* - situational players

I've been telling everybody that if you just give me a chance to put the ball in my hands, I can get the job done. - Brian Westbrook
Steegles46

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quite recently I finally posted in the starting lineup topic. Here's the gist of what I said, plus who I think we'll sign/let go. I'm not sure about who is a FA this year, I'll just put the ones I know. If I don't list the person, I'd assume they'll be let go.

Players let go:
Jon Runyun (Don't like it, but it will happen and I think that Herrimans is ready)
ND Kalu (Also not too wild about this, but I assume it'll happen)
Chad Lewis (Shame to see him go, but this is a business)
Lamar Gordon
Darnerrian McCants
Justin Ena
Sean Landeta

Players resigned:
Dirk Johnson (Excellent punter when healthy)
Rod Hood (Wow, has he developed into a great corner)
Quentin Mikell (Serviceable to good safety, definately worth the cheap price it'll take to resign hiim)
Reno Mahe (Not wild about him, especially with Westbrook and Moats already on the team, but you can't argue his punt return stats)

Free Agent Pick-Ups:
John Abraham

Draft Picks:
1 - Chad Greenway (SOLB) - Goes a long way to help ensure a strong Eagles defense for years.
2 - Sinorice Moss (WR) - An excellent replacement for Todd Pinkston when he becomes a free agent next year.
3 - Kyle Williams (DT) - Plays a lot like Patterson, with tons of heart, energy, and tenacity from the snap to the whistle. Should make for an agressive and talented tandem for a few years.
4 - Adam Stenavich (OT) - He'll get a year to learn the system and then replace Tre Thomas next year.
4 - Mike Bell (RB) - A good big back that will help seal victories when we need to.
4 - Tim Day (TE) - Saw him make some great blocks during the Senior Bowl, something that lacks from LJ Smith's game.
5 - Rashon Powers-Neal (FB) - He's a versatile fullback that will push Perry to start.
7 - Hey, if we can get Drew Olsen for a seventh rounder, I'm all for it. - If you're going to take a chance, this is the round for it.

Edit: Added explanations for mock draft.
CandylandBills

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love it Phreak. As you know I am all for the Vernon Davis pick and I think he can play the slot. I also like the Max-Jean pick, although I don't think he will last past the first (even though he is a guard). I too think that Rod Wright will drop--he looked very subpar in the Rose Bowl and games like that will really drop his stock. Look at Matt Ware, who was projected as a late 1st early 2nd pick, his stock drop due to the fact he might go back to baseball. AJ Nicholson should also drop similar to A. Hawthorne last year. For both of your drafts, Steegle and Phreak, I would rather Terrence Whitehead from Oregon at RB than Bell. I felt he ran better than Bell at the Senior Bowl, and he is built like Duce whereas Bell is a little bigger than Reid likes at RB. Also I would rather Garrett Mills at FB than Vickers or Powers-Neal. They said Mills' blocking was better than they thought at the Senior Bowl also he has great hands (led TE in receptions last year). And of course I wouldn't mind Olsen.

I agree with all the players let go except for McCants. I think he was just learning the offense at the end of the season. I do, however, think they will get rid of McMullens, who has been trash since he's been here. I also think Grasimanis is gone. As far as players the Eagles are going to resign, I agree except with Mickell--the Eagles have Ware (who they probably will convert to a safety) and Considine. Unfortunately I believe both you guys are correct with Mahe (who I can't stand).

With FA, I feel I agree with Phreak a little more. I just don't think signing Abraham makes sense to me, since we would have tons of money at one position (since Kearse cost a bundle). I don't think the Eagles are going to make a huge FA signing. I don't see them getting Lloyd, since he reminds me too much of a better Pinkston. I also think the Eagles need more of a position receiver.

Great post you too.
goose85

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the draft. Davis could be a monster with Mcnabb. Adding Gilles would combine our starting Guards to almost weigh 1 metric ton, which im ok with. There is however no way Olson drops to round 7, he may be there at the Robinson pick and I expect Robinson to be around in the 7th round or FA.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 8:26 am    Post subject: Love this Idea Reply with quote

Love this Idea taking a DT with the 45TH Pick

WE can make it back to the SuperBowl if we get some breaks are aggressive and we pick up UNIQUE TALENT.

I am hoping me move up in the first or the second round.

Putting DAVIS in two Tight End Set ups or the slot will give us the "GO TO" in traffic over the middle guy we need just like Shocky.

GREAT IDEA! LETS GO GET HIM!
SirAlden

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:45 am    Post subject: Some People Agree with you..... read this. Reply with quote

The Year of the Tight End
1/26/06, Michael@thefootballexpert.com
My favorite position in football is the tight end. I believe when used correctly, the tight end can be the biggest weapon for a team. For so long, the tight end has been basically the sixth offensive linemen. Today, however, more and more NFL teams are turning its tight end to be its receiving threat. The Chargers have Antonio Gates, the Chiefs have Tony Gonzalez, the Falcons have Alge Crumpler, the Giants have Jeremy Shockey. I hope you seem to get the picture: the tight end position is becoming more popular than ever.

This is what makes this NFL Draft so special! I believe this is the best group of talent at the tight end position ever! Let me give you an idea on how good this class is. Heath Miller, the tight end for the Steelers was the first tight end drafted last year. He was the 30th pick. Millerís rookie season was very impressive. Besides being in the Super Bowl, Miller had six touchdown receptions, and tied for second for the offensive rookie award. Yet, despite all his accomplishments, I believe Miller probably would have been the fourth tight end drafted this year.

I believe Vernon Davis from Maryland, Marcedes Lewis from UCLA, and Leonard Pope from Georgia all would have been drafted over Miller. This is nothing negative toward Miller. I think Heath is a terrific player and will be on of the top tight ends in the league for years to come, but I just think these three are just that good.
SirAlden

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:52 am    Post subject: DAVIS VIDEO....he does not go down...! Reply with quote

http://www.qisports.com/vernondavis2006.html
Behan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 10:47 am    Post subject: Nice Post Phreak Reply with quote

I like the VDavis pick. Right now, I think LJ is the fourth best TE in our division, behind Witten, Cooley, and Shockey. Having Davis for two TE sets and as a physical slot receiver could really mess up some defensive schemes.

The Eagles would have to address OLB in free agency then, and I like your name there. Either of the Colts OLBs would be fine with me, or the guy from Carolina. If the Birds don't go with Davis, they should pick Chad G, they need a LB who can cover with the talent at TE in the NFC East. With Chad G underneath and Dawk over the top, they could shut down the middle of the field.

I hope Rod Wright falls to the third, but I think he's too talented. He looks like a second round pick at worst. I agree with you that the Eagles need to make a move at G, and I'm holding out hope for Steve Hutchinson, but I doubt Seattle lets him go. Oh well, if the Birds can pick up Rocky Bernard b/c the 'hawks franchise Hutch, that's not a bad deal.

Again, nice post.
lnelms2

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm liking that a lot. But I'll be happy this offseason if we just get B.Lloyd.
Merged Pillow

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like alot of the FA additions but i don't think Stocker Mcdougle wouldn't be much of an improvement, do we really want to bring in a tackle from the lions? I think Fraley starting days are over in philly. he doesn't have the size that Jackson brings to the table with run support. plus fraley stinks at making the correct calls against 3-4's which alot of the superbowl contenders in the AFC use. their might not be a huge market for runyan because of his age but he still has 2 years left of good football.
CandylandBills

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Merged I thought Jackson was horrible at center this year. When they needed a push (i.e at the goalline) he got leveled into the backfield. I really hope they get rid of Jackson or move him back to the bench. I think Fraley will beat him out this off-season.
LessThanStellar

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jackson was good at center this year what are you talking about? Fraley is going to have to win his job back with what Jackson showed this year. He is a monster in the middle of the line.

Oh and Phreak what do you think of the Eagles taking Reggie McNeal or Paul Pinegar in round 5 or 6 instead of Olsen?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LessThanStellar wrote:
Oh and Phreak what do you think of the Eagles taking Reggie McNeal or Paul Pinegar in round 5 or 6 instead of Olsen?

I like Pinegar, but not too sure about McNeal. If he stays at QB, which I doubt he will, he'll be the next Michael Vick. I don't like that in a QB. If he changes positions, then he might be too much of a project. If we're going to take a player like that I'd rather take Robinson, he's more of a gamer and would be available later in the draft than McNeal. Pinegar would be a nice pick though, he might work well in this offense.

I've been telling everybody that if you just give me a chance to put the ball in my hands, I can get the job done. - Brian Westbrook
CandylandBills

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know he is a thug, but what about getting Marcus Vick. He's more of a pocket passer than his brother, and probably would have been a first day pick (if not first round) had he not had off-the-field issues.

Also I was thinking that the Eagles won't resign Rod Hood. This is not because they don't want to, but I think he will get a lot of interest from other teams--does any one know the compensation for him would be (I know he is a RFA). I'm wondering if anyone is in the same boat with me with this issue. Lastly, I could see it being like when we lost Al Harris.

Lessthan I just think Jackson didn't get the push when he needed it (i.e. the goal line). I also like the fact Fraley can pull real well and is amazing on screens. I'm sorry but I was just not impressed with Jackson.
kingmatt1212

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I know he is a thug, but what about getting Marcus Vick. He's more of a pocket passer than his brother, and probably would have been a first day pick (if not first round) had he not had off-the-field issues.

No way does Andy take a chance on Marcus Vick. He can get an equally talented qb with less off the field problems.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: