Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

MOCKing it the Way I Want it
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Poloc2289

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:44 pm    Post subject: MOCKing it the Way I Want it Reply with quote

Poloc's Mock-Up

2015 NFL DRAFT

Rd. 1, pick #20 has been traded to the Carolina Panthers for pick #25, pick #89 (3), and a 2016 5th rd. pick.

Round 1// #25: CB Marcus Peters, 60 197lbs.

Im not sold on any player. But Marcus Peters, to me, is the best cover corner in this draft.
He can start day 1 and be dangerous on the outside. My biggest worries with him are his off-coverage and obviously his character.
But this is my draft, not Kellys, so Ill take the risk on character for a guy who can potentially be a shutdown corner in the league.

Round 2 // # 52: OT/OG Cedric Ogbuehi 65 306

Maybe my favorite offensive lineman in the draft and that may surprise some people but I watch his tape and hes dominant. He latches more than drives but he has great functional strength and excellent mobility for the position.
What I love most is his quick, fluid slide step but unfortunately he sometimes negates it by standing too high and allowing players to get under him (Dee Ford tape).
Hes getting hyped now as a 1st round pick but I see his injury causing him to slide and if I was running the show Id feel comfortable enough to select him and let him heal up.
Many will be clamoring for Fisher but Im not a big fan of his tape and I think his combine numbers will cause him to go higher than he should.

Round 3 // #84: WR Chris Conley, 62 213

The Eagles cant go into the season with only Matthews, Cooper, and Huff. But then a lot of you will say, Well how can Conley help? Hes raw and only being drafted because of his Combine numbers! Well the correlation between workout numbers and success on the NFL level for WRs is higher than most other positions.
Stephen Hill seems to be an exception.
So with this pick youre banking on development and instant, but limited, production due to athleticism. Hes got the length as well with 33+ inch arms.

Round 3 // #89: S Adrian Amos, 60 218

This is a guy the Eagles have already shown great interest in. And coincidentally, I like him too. If you havent noticed by now, Im huge on SPARQ ratings and then going back to look at the tape.
Unfortunately I didnt find a way to pick Byron Jones but I think Peters is the better corner.
So here we got the best SPARQ rating and a player that has the versatility needed for Billy Davis defense. He can jump into man coverage or play single high. Sometimes he doesnt trust his instincts and instead sticks to his responsibility so hes not a huge playmaker but hes reliable.

Round 4 // [Bryce Brown Trade; From S.F.] #113: WR/CB Tony Lippett, 62 192

One of my favorite players this year. Lippett does not wow anyone in workouts or with his measurables.
However, he still consistently showed effectiveness at the WR position with his deep ball tracking and spatial awareness.
Hes also lengthy and deceptively fast. So take all of those strengths, and standing at 62, I see the potential for a really really good cornerback.
Remember, Chris Gamble and Richard Sherman made the same transition. I think it can work as well for Lippett.

Round 5 // [acquired from the Rams]# 145: CB Darryl Roberts, 511 187

I know what youre thinking, another corner!? Well they were a big problem last year and are notoriously difficult to find through the draft. So why not draft for quantity to increase the chances on hitting on one?
Roberts is again, one of my favorites in the 2015 draft because of his instincts, physicality, and experience on special teams. I could actually see him making the opening day roster and Lippett, who was drafted before him, going to PS.
He would be a great find in the 5th.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oi3pDKusxc

Pick #156 (5) traded to some team for a 2016 4th round pick

Round 6 // #195: OLB Shaq Riddick, 66 242

Horribly utilized at WV, Shaq offers a project at OLB. He has the size and athleticism to excel but he needs a lot of work on technique and strength.
A year of building strength and figuring out the nuances of the OLB position could result in a productive player. He flashes some real good athleticism and moves but as a 3-4 end in WVs defense, too many times he was just stood up by the OT.
Let him rush off the edge and you have a more productive, explosive player.

http://www.draftbreakdown.com/gif-embed/?clip=253959&gif=ReflectingAffectionateGreyhounddog

Round 7 // #237: DT Kristjan Sokoli, 65 300

Who the hell is this? Well he was the starting nose guard for Buffalo who blew up workouts.
Just take a look at this link and his numbers http://www.ubbullrun.com/2015/4/17/8422335/2015-nfl-draft-kristjan-sokoli-buffalo-bulls-buzz-recap-prediction

Why not take a flier on the guy? Hes apparently extremely hard working and a true team player. At this stage in the draft, youre taking guys just hoping they can contribute in some way.
If you want to take a look at his tape, just go check out Khalil Mack and keep your eye on NG #90.
Isnt moved often but has no moves and is fine with just a stalemate. Dont know if that was the system or what.

UDFA:

WR Rasheed Bailey, 62 205

I will continue to pimp this man since I go to Delaware Valley University myself. Attacks the ball with great hands and very good explosion out of cuts. Quality of competition is the biggest question.
http://rotoviz.com/2015/02/placing-a-bet-on-longshot-d3-receiver-rasheed-bailey/

QB Bryan Bennett, 62 211

Do we have room for another QB? Who cares, this guy is not draftable but might as well bring him in to see what hes got.

DEPTH CHART:
OFFENSE:
QB Sam Bradford, Mark Sanchez, GJ Kinne, Tim Tebow, Bryan Bennett, Matt Barkley
RB DeMarco Murray, Ryan Mathews, Darren Sproles, Chris Polk, Matthew Tucker, Kenjon Barner
WR Jordan Matthews, Riley Cooper, Josh Huff, Miles Austin, Chris Conley, Seyi Ajirotutu, Jeff Maehl, Will Murphy, Quron Pratt, Rasheed Bailey
TE Brent Celek, Zach Ertz, Trey Burton
OT Lane Johnson, Jason Peters, Allen Barbre, Kevin Graf, Cedric Ogbuehi
C Jason Kelce, David Molk
OG Evan Mathis, Andrew Gardner, Matt Tobin, Julian Vandervelde, Dennis Kelly, Josh Andrews

DEFENSE:
DE Fletcher Cox, Cedric Thornton, Vinny Curry, Taylor Hart, Brandon Bair, Kristjan Sokoli
DT Bennie Logan, Beau Allen, Wade Keliikipi,
ILB Mychal Kendricks, Kiko Alonso, DeMeco Ryans, Najee Goode, Emmanuel Acho, Brad Jones
OLB Brandon Graham, Connor Barwin, Travis Long, Marcus Smith, Bryan Braman, Brandon Hepburn, Shaq Riddick
S Malcolm Jenkins, Earl Wolff, Chris Maragos, Adrian Amos, Chris Prosinski, Ed Reynolds, Jerome Couplin
CB Byron Maxwell, Walter Thurmond III, Brandon Boykin, Marcus Peters, Nolan Carrol, Jaylen Watkins, Darryl Roberts, Tony Lippett

K Cody Parkey
P Donnie Jones
LS Jon Dorenbos

PowerElite wrote:
Please stop responding to my posts. You are a consistently terrible poster and aren't worth my time to thoroughly refute your drivel.
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh you know we need a starting right guard for next year right?

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Small d = pastry
Poloc2289

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:

You're not going to fill every hole with just one draft.
That's a horribly ineffective way to draft.

That being said, the second gif of Cedric is him at RG pancaking the guy.
Shove it, ninja

PowerElite wrote:
Please stop responding to my posts. You are a consistently terrible poster and aren't worth my time to thoroughly refute your drivel.
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poloc2289 wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:

Shove it, ninja

Well you gave us 3 corners when we realistically can hold like 1 more on the roster.

Change some of those to back up Ol you dumb noob.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Small d = pastry
RollEagles

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOVE this.

I do, however, agree with ninja. I would have liked to see a mid round pick on an interior offensive linemen.

You mentioned Ogbuehi playing guard but I really think it's more likely than not that next year is a "redshirt" year for him. As a prospect, he's one of my favorites and I really do think he should be there in the 2nd. He has all the tools to be a franchise left tackle for a decade in this league. If not for his injury, he was a lock to be a top 25 pick.

Overall, this is awesome.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RollEagles wrote:
LOVE this.

I do, however, agree with ninja. I would have liked to see a mid round pick on an interior offensive linemen.

You mentioned Ogbuehi playing guard but I really think it's more likely than not that next year is a "redshirt" year for him. As a prospect, he's one of my favorites and I really do think he should be there in the 2nd. He has all the tools to be a franchise left tackle for a decade in this league. If not for his injury, he was a lock to be a top 25 pick.

I agree, although I do think Ogbuehi could play some guard for a year.

RIP Chuck Bednarik
And Chip said... QUACK
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ryan8910101 wrote:
RollEagles wrote:
LOVE this.

I think it's more likely he just doesn't play next year.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Small d = pastry
RollEagles

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ryan8910101 wrote:
RollEagles wrote:
LOVE this.

I just think his injury will keep him out for a year. Might be better for him to take the year off on IR and come back 100%.

Location: #FSU #championchip #2012EagHoF #'12GldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #TrollyRangers #Danes #CAVALRY #quack
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You sold me on Peters, Conley, and Amos.
Only for the quick and lucky.
baconrad3

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love this draft bro.

Peters is gonna be a shutdown CB. Id CMJ if we took him.

Ogbuehi I like. Definitely has potential. I freaking love Conley (been praising him on here a ton). Amos Im not quite sold on. id prefer Eskridge.

But Id be ecstatic if this happened

#OfficialBlakeBortlesHypeTrain
EagleDeegle

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be happy with the draft... and as a Doylestownian, love seeing an Aggie in there. Love all the SPARQ guys as well. Good job mang!
Poloc2289

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

baconrad3 wrote:
Love this draft bro.

Ogbuehi I like. Definitely has potential. I freaking love Conley (been praising him on here a ton). Amos Im not quite sold on. id prefer Eskridge.

Don't like Eskridge at all.
I want to because dingo pimps him but his game doesn't impress me in the slightest.

EagleDeegle wrote:
I'd be happy with the draft... and as a Doylestownian, love seeing an Aggie in there. Love all the SPARQ guys as well. Good job mang!

No way, didn't know there were others this close.
Yea not sure Bailey would stick on but he is talented and deserving of a shot.

PowerElite wrote:
EagleDeegle

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poloc2289 wrote:
baconrad3 wrote:
Love this draft bro.

Don't like Eskridge at all.
I want to because dingo pimps him but his game doesn't impress me in the slightest.

EagleDeegle wrote:

No way, didn't know there were others this close.
Yea not sure Bailey would stick on but he is talented and deserving of a shot.

well... I've been out of the area and living in the dc area for like 14 years (for work). but i went to school at CB West, played for Mike Pettine Sr. and lived in dtown throughout high school (Nats pizza ~ yum) . I still have family in the area and get back there often.

I never got to see Bailey play, but he's got solid stats and height.
Hockey5djh

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poloc2289 wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:

Shove it, ninja

I agree with your statement about drafting.
I hear your point about Ogbuehi.

Considering Maxwell is signed long term and you just used a first on Peters I think CB is covered and 4th spent on Lippett or the 5th spent on Roberts would be better served for another interior OL. This player would come in and challenge for the RG spot this season in which we currently have a journeyman coming off injury.

Besides that...I'm a large fan of this mock.

^^Kiltman on the sig

ninja wrote:
This is the eagles we are talking about here. This will all blow up in our faces not work.

Source: experience.
EagleDeegle

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hockey5djh wrote:
Poloc2289 wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:

Shove it, ninja

I agree with your statement about drafting.
I hear your point about Ogbuehi.

Considering Maxwell is signed long term and you just used a first on Peters I think CB is covered and 4th spent on Lippett or the 5th spent on Roberts would be better served for another interior OL. This player would come in and challenge for the RG spot this season in which we currently have a journeyman coming off injury.

Besides that...I'm a large fan of this mock.

Boykin, Biggers, Thurmond and Carroll will be gone after this season. We kinda need 2~3 draft picks this year to be at corner

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: