You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Perfect jets Draft

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What would you say about this??
Nailed it, pretty much the ideal jets draft
11%
 11%  [ 2 ]
Good, missed a few but good none the less
23%
 23%  [ 4 ]
OK, got most wrong but 1 or 2 right
58%
 58%  [ 10 ]
TERRIBLE EVERY PICK IS TERRIBLE
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 17

shavedaeyebrow2

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 12:15 am    Post subject: The Perfect jets Draft Reply with quote

Jets trade 4th overall pick to the cardinals for their 10th overall pick, 2nd round pick, and 5th round pick
1. (Trade with Arizona) Deangelo Williams RB
2a. Omar Jacobs QB
2b. (Trade with Arizona) Ryan O'Callaghan OT
3. Taitusi Lutui OG
4a. Mark Anderson DE/OLB
4b. (From KC) Will Blackmon CB/WR/KR
5a. Fred Matua OG
5b. (Trade with Arizona) Freddie Roach ILB
6. Montavious Stanley DT
7. Marvin Philip C

I feel i addressed every single problem the jets have tell me what you guys think.....

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone have any thoughts on my draft?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't see the trade with Arizona unless Vince Young falls. Jonathon Scott or Winston would be available at their spot. They don't really need an O Lineman as much as a body in the secondary.

And a trade down would most likely garner a 3rd.

I don't really like Omar Jacobs. And drafting a QB to me would be foolish. If Jean-Gilles was available at #36, I'd take him there.

Callaghan and Lutui are good picks.

Mark Anderson doesn't seem like a good pick to me. Usually when you're lighter, you're faster but Mark Anderson's speed isn't impressive at all. He may be a good mid round fit for the 3-4.

We should be more concerned on drafting two offensive tackles opposed to two offensive guards.

Blackmon is a good pick.

I'd rather draft a defensive tackle and a center higher. Mangold, Eslinger, or DeGory would be better for Mawae to mentor than Philip.

I like the draft overall. Some things didn't impress me at all but most picks stand out in a positive way.

It's unsexy and that's what may not be attractive to Jets fans. But like you said, it fills all our needs. Some of the priorites may need to be switched.

Ok I'm sorry, do you WANT to lose? I throw, you catch, it's not that hard, ok? All right now get the f@$% outta here.

-Peyton Manning United Way SNL Skit
shavedaeyebrow2

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok thanks, i personally like omar jacobs alot, and why would we draft to OTs? Adrian Jones has shown he is a good LT so all we need is a RT, we need guards because we have Brandon Moore who is terrible and Pete Kendall who is getting on the old side. And Arizona doesnt really need secondary help, they were 9th in the league in pass defense, they need to work on running the ball so why not pick up a franchise LT

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

how would it be if i put Babatunde Oshinowo instead of Mark Anderson. I feel Marvin Philip is a solid pick and he reminds many people of Mawae so why not be mentored by him

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shavedaeyebrow2 wrote:
ok thanks, i personally like omar jacobs alot, and why would we draft to OTs? Adrian Jones has shown he is a good LT so all we need is a RT, we need guards because we have Brandon Moore who is terrible and Pete Kendall who is getting on the old side. And Arizona doesnt really need secondary help, they were 9th in the league in pass defense, they need to work on running the ball so why not pick up a franchise LT

I have talked with a few Arizona fans and they think Jimmy Williams or Michael Huff would be the pick, maybe Jay Cutler if he falls. But if Vince Young fell, Denny Green would want to trade up more than anything.

Actually, I think Brandon Moore has shown he's got potential. He was playing pretty hard this year. Adrian Jones has also shown he's got potential, he needs to gain some more weight though.

Ok I'm sorry, do you WANT to lose? I throw, you catch, it's not that hard, ok? All right now get the f@$% outta here.

-Peyton Manning United Way SNL Skit
jetsfan4life51

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont like the jacobs pick or the blackmon pick bc i dont want a qb drafted high or at all and blackmon looked lost at the senior bowl, dont know what position he would play.

like the anderson, roach and stanley picks. anderson is rising but if we r 3-4 idk if he can fit. him and roach played for that tough bama defense. stanley helped free up dumerville on the line.
we dont need 2 guards bc moore showed he can play.
instead of jacobs we could go OT like o'callaghan or maybe jon scott falls like ive seen in some drafts and then mangold at C.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont like it. There is only one olineman and that is in the latter half of the draft.
NCAA BB: U of Arizona <Brandon Jennings '09>
NCAA FB: U of Arizona <Rob Gradkowski>
jets rooter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:25 am    Post subject: jets draft Reply with quote

I could not have done it better.pray that bradway follows your advice
jets rooter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jrod8484 wrote:
I dont like it. There is only one olineman and that is in the latter half of the draft.

listen up jet fan:
the jets have two guards picked in this draft .which makes sense .kendall will be released and moore is too light to compete with n.f.l. defenses.I agree that our offensive tackles are suspect.but they can get a proven o.t. through free agency.
jets rooter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetsfan4life51 wrote:
i dont like the jacobs pick or the blackmon pick bc i dont want a qb drafted high or at all and blackmon looked lost at the senior bowl, dont know what position he would play.

like the anderson, roach and stanley picks. anderson is rising but if we r 3-4 idk if he can fit. him and roach played for that tough bama defense. stanley helped free up dumerville on the line.
we dont need 2 guards bc moore showed he can play.
instead of jacobs we could go OT like o'callaghan or maybe jon scott falls like ive seen in some drafts and then mangold at C.

I have to disagree with you on omar jacobs.just look at his stats.the man has all the tools to be a success in the n.f.look at the quarter backs that came from that league
jetsfan4life51

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

all i said is i dont like the pick bc i dont want them to take a quarterback, especially in the high rounds. i never said he wasnt good or anything.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: