You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Leinart: 'Cool' if he rejoins Chow
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
ChowTime


Joined: 11 Feb 2005
Posts: 262
Location: VA
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 4:15 am    Post subject: Leinart: 'Cool' if he rejoins Chow Reply with quote

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060202/SPORTS01/602020442/1027

Well at least it's nice to kno that if we did end up getting Leinart, that he would like the idea of being a Titan. I'm curious tho if Chow and Leinart would be able to continue their success together at the pro level. Hey, maybe we should trade up to get him!.......... d'oh!
_________________
I need help with a new Sig. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SHAVED_CHICKEN


Joined: 19 Dec 2005
Posts: 2236
Location: Dreary Ol' Connecticut
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no...were not trading up.....and i would LOVE leinart (over young/cutler).....but i doubt he will fall to us
_________________

Men die. Money gets spent. Glory is forever.
Titans Assistant GM FFMD07
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TTitanFAN32


FF Fanatic
Joined: 13 Jan 2006
Posts: 12944
Location: 6*1*8, Illinois
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leinart hasnt showed the mobility that i think a NFL QB needs..yes he has a great arm and is very accurate but for some strange reason i disagree and i dont think that they should take him.........but i would prefer his great arm over VY mobility
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SHAVED_CHICKEN


Joined: 19 Dec 2005
Posts: 2236
Location: Dreary Ol' Connecticut
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not only does he have a great arm but he can already read defenses with the best of them
_________________

Men die. Money gets spent. Glory is forever.
Titans Assistant GM FFMD07
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KVB Eats Souls


Joined: 02 Jan 2006
Posts: 179
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the way Leinart moves in the pocket. He's similar to Brady in that regard.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
titans will return


Joined: 05 Jan 2005
Posts: 8917
Location: Nashville,TN
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TTitanFAN32 wrote:
Leinart hasnt showed the mobility that i think a NFL QB needs..yes he has a great arm and is very accurate but for some strange reason i disagree and i dont think that they should take him.........but i would prefer his great arm over VY mobility

Mobility???Peyton Manning???Drew Bledsoe,and alot of other good starting or even great starting QB's dont have great mobility,and Matt Leinart is good enough where he can avoid sacks,and get out of the pocket and throw if needed
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TTitanFAN32


FF Fanatic
Joined: 13 Jan 2006
Posts: 12944
Location: 6*1*8, Illinois
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans will return wrote:
TTitanFAN32 wrote:
Leinart hasnt showed the mobility that i think a NFL QB needs..yes he has a great arm and is very accurate but for some strange reason i disagree and i dont think that they should take him.........but i would prefer his great arm over VY mobility

Mobility???Peyton Manning???Drew Bledsoe,and alot of other good starting or even great starting QB's dont have great mobility,and Matt Leinart is good enough where he can avoid sacks,and get out of the pocket and throw if needed


i didnt say he wont be a good QB but if his mobility was better than i wouldnt care if the Titans ended up choosing him
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
titans will return


Joined: 05 Jan 2005
Posts: 8917
Location: Nashville,TN
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you shouldnt care anyways??

it doesnt matter he is the clear-cut number 1 QB in the draft,I'mjust curious do you like anyone except Jimmy Williams
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Burton


Joined: 25 Dec 2004
Posts: 3210
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SHAVED_CHICKEN wrote:
not only does he have a great arm but he can already read defenses with the best of them



What are you talking about the big knock against him is that he doesn't have a great arm?
_________________

With the 3rd pick in the first round the Tennessee
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
titans will return


Joined: 05 Jan 2005
Posts: 8917
Location: Nashville,TN
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he means great accuracy,and just average arm strength
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SHAVED_CHICKEN


Joined: 19 Dec 2005
Posts: 2236
Location: Dreary Ol' Connecticut
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was just saying that that was one thing that wasnt mentioned.....also....yes that makes him more accurate and i think that makes up for his lack (although not major lack) of arm strength
_________________

Men die. Money gets spent. Glory is forever.
Titans Assistant GM FFMD07
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PacAttack


Joined: 27 Dec 2005
Posts: 1899
Location: Rkansaw aka "Hawg Heaven"
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is not one knock on Leinart that should scare away possible suitors unless they are worried about his elbow that he had surgery on last offseason. Other than that (and I don't think it will be a problem), what knock can you put on Leinart that would say he isn't the clear cut best QB in the draft and worthy of a #1 pick? There isn't! Yes, some question his arm strength, but it's strong enough to get the job done and done well. Some question his mobility, but he's a pocket passer (and a darn good one) and doesn't need great speed. He's very capable of moving around inside the pocket to avoid (or put off) a sack. Some say he was a product of a great system. Well when he goes pro, he'll be in another great system. He played against some good defenses in college and fared pretty darn well IMO. He played great in the Rose Bowl (besides that 1 pick) and Texas had an extremely potent defense.

Leinart's knocks are not liable enough to say that he may not be the best QB in the draft (as of right now). He will be the #1 QB off the board and will fare well in the NFL. I'm not saying that he won't go through some growing pains, but overtime he should prove to everybody that his arm strength isn't as bad as alot of people try to make it out to be.
_________________

They say that a Griffin is always in beast mode, I didn't realize what that meant until I heard the crack of bone and was eating turf for lunch.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TTitanFAN32


FF Fanatic
Joined: 13 Jan 2006
Posts: 12944
Location: 6*1*8, Illinois
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PacAttack wrote:
There is not one knock on Leinart that should scare away possible suitors unless they are worried about his elbow that he had surgery on last offseason. Other than that (and I don't think it will be a problem), what knock can you put on Leinart that would say he isn't the clear cut best QB in the draft and worthy of a #1 pick? There isn't! Yes, some question his arm strength, but it's strong enough to get the job done and done well. Some question his mobility, but he's a pocket passer (and a darn good one) and doesn't need great speed. He's very capable of moving around inside the pocket to avoid (or put off) a sack. Some say he was a product of a great system. Well when he goes pro, he'll be in another great system. He played against some good defenses in college and fared pretty darn well IMO. He played great in the Rose Bowl (besides that 1 pick) and Texas had an extremely potent defense.

Leinart's knocks are not liable enough to say that he may not be the best QB in the draft (as of right now). He will be the #1 QB off the board and will fare well in the NFL. I'm not saying that he won't go through some growing pains, but overtime he should prove to everybody that his arm strength isn't as bad as alot of people try to make it out to be.



i agree that the only thing that teams would be weary about would be his surgery that he had on the elbow but i think that he will be a pretty good NFL QB and show that even though VY is more atletic , he is a better QB
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Burton


Joined: 25 Dec 2004
Posts: 3210
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PacAttack wrote:
There is not one knock on Leinart that should scare away possible suitors unless they are worried about his elbow that he had surgery on last offseason. Other than that (and I don't think it will be a problem), what knock can you put on Leinart that would say he isn't the clear cut best QB in the draft and worthy of a #1 pick? There isn't! Yes, some question his arm strength, but it's strong enough to get the job done and done well. Some question his mobility, but he's a pocket passer (and a darn good one) and doesn't need great speed. He's very capable of moving around inside the pocket to avoid (or put off) a sack. Some say he was a product of a great system. Well when he goes pro, he'll be in another great system. He played against some good defenses in college and fared pretty darn well IMO. He played great in the Rose Bowl (besides that 1 pick) and Texas had an extremely potent defense.

Leinart's knocks are not liable enough to say that he may not be the best QB in the draft (as of right now). He will be the #1 QB off the board and will fare well in the NFL. I'm not saying that he won't go through some growing pains, but overtime he should prove to everybody that his arm strength isn't as bad as alot of people try to make it out to be.


Yay! does that mean your all back on the Leinart bandwagon with me???
_________________

With the 3rd pick in the first round the Tennessee
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
titans will return


Joined: 05 Jan 2005
Posts: 8917
Location: Nashville,TN
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Burton i thnk this means that we dont care lol,we know whoever we get in round 1 and even round 2,considering how early we will be picking,will be great.LIke Young and Colledge/Hodge or Jackson,you get my flow?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group