Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

so deep on OT

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JETS

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:01 pm    Post subject: so deep on OT Reply with quote

the morre i think about it, the more i think we should trade down n get Deangelo. there are so many good OT's this year we could get a good 1 in with the 36 pick. we also get a early second to get mangold. lets think about jean-giles. r we realistically gonna get ths guy? no so many teams in front of would want him. a guy like MCneill, justice, Winston, Scott O'callghan, Whitworth has to fall to 36. there are so many that some have gotta fall.
Just think of the Robertson situation with Dbrick. we coulda talken wilfork with 13 n been even better also with a 22. the dropoff is just not that big.

we also would get a third for law

MOCK
1-deangelo
2-jon scott
2-nick mangold
3-dumervill
3-spencer
4-stouvall
5-london
6-david thomas
sign ashworth

my new jets roster for next year.

QB-, pennington, brooks, RIVERS(for abraham straight up)
Rb-DEANGELO, curtis, houston
wr-coles,STOUAVALL, Mccariens, williams, ridgeway,crotchty
te-jolley, dresson, DAVID THOMAS
OT-JON SCOTT,TOM ASHWORTH, jones
OG-moore, kendell, CHARLES SPENCER
C-mawae, mangold
DE-ellis, thomas(excellent 3-4 end)
DT- Roberston(puts on 15 pounds) piohu(backup)
OLB-Barton, DUMERVILLE, brown
MLB-Vilma, HObson, JUSTIN LONDON
cb-miller,strait,Barret,CB FROM DRAFT
s-coleman, rhodes

we will have 7-9 wins n b in playoff/superbowl contention in 2 years
[/b]
jetsfan4life51

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

send that to bradway i love it

but cotchery as the 6th receiver??? i say we ship out mccareins for a 3rd or 4th rounder w/e we can get and have cotch in the slot. we need to give him a chance(he broke all of torry holts records at nc state).

if no team is willing to give up a 1st or a 2nd with another pick for abe then i want it rivers straight up. reunite him with schott and he takes over for pennington if he has trouble.

u forgot a 4th rounder from kansas city maybe we take the fastest corner there for a dime back and im not sure what rounds the comp picks r for but i dont think u added them in.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No team would trade an elite QB prospect for an aging, injury prone DE.

Why draft Dumerville and transition him to OLB just draft and outside linebacker like AJ Nicholson.
An excerp from a scouting report on Dumerville --

Strengths:
Has great quickness with a burst...Solid build with long arms...Natural pass rusher who just knows how to get to the quarterback...Sheds blockers well...Turns the corner well...Has a great motor and never gives up on a play...Is always around the ball...Hard worker with good intangibles...Productive and notched double-digit sacks in both his junior and seniors seasons including 20 in 2005 alone.

Weaknesses:
Does not have the size you look for...Lacks elite timed speed...Is not a great natural athlete...Does not change directions well or have the agility necessary to make the move to outside linebacker...Needs to get stronger...Sub par versus the run...Did not play against a lot of elite competition or top offensive linemen.

Notes:
Came through with a monster senior campaign...Won the Nagurski and Hendricks Awards...Don't buy the Dwight Freeney comparisons because this guy isn't in that class when it comes to speed / athleticism...Doesn't have the physical tools you look for in terms of size and speed but you can't ignore his amazing production.

David Thomas will not be availible in the sixth round he's one of the top TE prospects probabaly more like 2-3 round.

Glad someone finally put Hobson at MLB for the 3-4 he was a MLB in college by the way.

Why is Barrett our 3rd CB, hes probably going to be our number 1 guy next year.

Robertson can be a NT in the 3-4 hes 320lbs now that is not that small. No one in the draft is bigger than he is at the moment besides Ngata and Watson and were not getting them.
jonyankee1nyj

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rivers an elite QB u got to be kidding mi the one game i saw him play in he looked terrible, i think all he has potential which is wasting away on the bench but he is nowhere near elite. If i were the chargers i wuld take

abe and a 3rd for rivers. Both sides might go for that.

and jonathan scott is not going to be a 2nd rd pik hes a solid mid first.
JETS

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i forgot about crothcy when i was doing the post. i didnt do the offense by starting plyers.

progidychild-i thought dumerville could b like merriam but i didnt no that. i also dont think thomas will go as early as u say b/c of the depth at that position. i didnt mean barrett wuld actually b #3
Spiel612

Most Valuable Poster (7th Ballot)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How is Bryan Thomas a good 3-4 DE? He's like 250 pounds. He's at least 25-30 pounds lighter than necessary. He'd get killed.
jonyankee1nyj

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this draft may be deep with OT's but there is only 1 elite one in dbrickishaw ferguson that can be a franchise tackle and is much less of a risk then the other prospects like scott and winston. Were in a position to draft ferguson if we want to or the organization might trade down and grab deangelo or cutler. But im about 75 % sur well take ferguson.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: