Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Welcome Ho(l)me(s) : Steelers vs Jets GDT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
steelcurtain29

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:12 pm    Post subject: Welcome Ho(l)me(s) : Steelers vs Jets GDT Reply with quote

vs

Heinz Field

Last Time These Two Faced Off.....

It has been over 3 years since the last time these two teams have faced off. In 2007, the Jets hosted the Steelers to a 19-16 OT win. Running back Thomas Jones did something on that day that very few backs can do. Rush for over 100 yards against the tough Steelers defense.

Team Records

Pittsburgh : 10-3 Overall / 4-1 Division / 8-2 Conference / 2nd AFC
New York : 9-4 Overall / 3-2 Division / 7-3 Conference / 5th AFC

What Have You Done For Me Lately......

Although neither team has been impressive lately, the Steelers do have something to show for, and that's with wins. The Steelers have won their last three games, and although one of them came from another playoff contender against Baltimore, the Steelers have just two offensive touchdowns in the last three games. In fact, the defense has scored just as many touchdowns in that span as the offense. Despite the lack of offense, the Steelers have been able to win all three games. The Jets on the other hand, can't say the same thing. On what seemed to be a great offense on paper, the Jets showed that what's on paper isn't always the case. In four games this year, the Jets have been held on no touchdowns offensively, two of those coming from the last two games, including an embarrassing 45-3 loss to division rival New England Patriots. This week will show two intensely physical and top-end defenses facing against struggling offenses. The real question this week is, who will score the first and only offensive touchdown of the game, or any, for that matter.

Players To Watch For

Pittsburgh

Ben Roethlisberger : With the struggles of both offenses, the Steelers need a big game from Ben Roethlisberger. The Jets have one of the best and youngest defensive backs in the league filled with the likes of Pro Bowler Darelle Revis, Antonio Cromartie, and new comer Kyle Wilson. The play of Big Ben is going to have to be near-perfect if the Steelers want to extend their winning streak to four.

Jets

Shonn Greene : If there is one way to open up the pass game against the Steelers, it's going to have to be with a good ground game to counter it. LaDanian Tomlinson and his quick feet will do nothing against a tough Steelers defense, so why not fight fire with fire? Shonn Greene is a tough runner that is a "smash" in the Jets "smash and dash" combo, and New York will need a big game from him to wear down the Steelers defense in order to give time for Sanchez to exploit the Steelers trouble with the pass defense. If New York wants to end their losing streak, it needs to come with some (surprising) help from the run game.

Random Fact :

This GDT post was edited 4 times before posted because of the accidental use of the words "blaze", "on fire" and "stoned." Anyone who doesn't get the sediment behind this joke, you're likely an idiot Razz

Random Hottie FTW!

LETS GO STEELERS!!!!

Aldo_the_Apache

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OUT: Damien Woody, Jets RT.

WEATHER: Cold.

Woodley is going to eat Sanchez' breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Random (sort of) Hottie

panda51988

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

screw the game, i could look at that picture of hayden all day long. i LOVE her, full stocker mode. Cool
steelcurtain29

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

panda51988 wrote:
screw the game, i could look at that picture of hayden all day long. i LOVE her, full stocker mode. Cool

Not sure if that's healthy but I support it if it's legal Laughing

My fiancee HATES her... that's why I posted a picture of her lol
panda51988

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

steelcurtain29 wrote:
panda51988 wrote:

Not sure if that's healthy but I support it if it's legal Laughing

My fiancee HATES her... that's why I posted a picture of her lol

my girl hates her as well. me and hayden are close in age. i remember when i was real young, she was the little girl "lizzy" on the soap opera "guiding light"
my mom used to watch it all the time, thats when she first caught my eye lol. ten year old love Laughing then she seemed to stay young in remember the titans, like she didn't age. now she is WOW. i even watched that "i love you beth cooper movie". almost a boob shot, you get side boob!

i guess i got to talk about the game...

i am not to worried about their pass offense. i don't think Sanchez is a good QB at all, and thats being nice. they will need to run the ball on us and get good field position on defense, as well as their defense needs to shut our offense down(doesn't look hard to do). they won't be able to run much, but i don't want to underestimate their Oline, LT, and greene. they could get going and run for just enough to set up some field goals. thats why we need our offense to at least move the ball and keep us winning the field position battle.

i say this and sanchez will have an awesome day Very Happy

i think we shut down holmes as well(maybe a catch or two).
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This week and this game is HUGE. Baltimore has New Orleans this week then cincy n cleveland. We have carolina and cleveland. This week should/could decide the division!

thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
jebrick

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sanchez is a warm weather QB. He plays bad in cold/bad weather. Let it snow. Let it snow. Let it snow. Very Happy

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
RandomHero

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jebrick wrote:
Sanchez is a warm weather QB. He plays bad in cold/bad weather. Let it snow. Let it snow. Let it snow. Very Happy

Yet he plays in New York. That's just asking for FAIL!
SilentQ

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it weird that the Jets could potentially lose 5 straight games to knock themselves out of the playoffs?

They lost two straight and play Steelers, Bears, and the Bills. The Jets have to start playing tough, hopefully this doesn't turn into a Saints and Patriots situation again.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jebrick wrote:

So what's his excuse in warm weather Wink
C$!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Steelers have to counter the Jets Blitzing. They can't really generate much pressure without it. The Steelers should try to implement some Patriots ball on the Jets. Quick fast passing so the Blitz is ineffective. This is a game where Ben can't really afford to hold onto the ball too long in the pocket.
I think for the Jets, Dustin Keller could be huge. The Steelers do have some issues with TE's who can catch and run.
I am confident that LeBeau will come up with something special for Sanchez, who, I think is in a fragile place right now. Early pressure, and maybe an early turnover could kill whats left of his confidence.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think a big key to this game is coming out of the gate well... This Jets team is losing confidence. I feel that the coaching staff will try all week to return their confidence and swagger, but i really feel if we can come out and score quick that they may fall apart.

An early turnover for us and fast points could lead to a pretty nice game for us.

And on the other hand, if we turn the ball over, or they score early--confidence could be restored in a dangerous team and we could be in for a long day.

I really think how we start the game will dictate which Jets team comes out to play.
KJtheWicked

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My goodness. I was gonna say something but I saw that pic and now I forget. Hang on, let me think.....

Oh yeah. This is a game we should win. However I think Holmes could have a big game against us. Our secondary quite frankly isn't that good. But I think it will be a low scoring game I'll say 16-10 Steelers.

Go Noles!
panda51988

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^KJ eyes off my women Evil or Very Mad

yep i agree, we need to call some short passes and control the game like that. bring pressure early to Sanchez, make him commit a turnover or at least rattle him and it should go a long way.

heath coming back is huge, imho
Deets

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

steelcurtain29 wrote:
jebrick wrote:

So what's his excuse in warm weather Wink

He didn't say that Sanchez plays good in warm weather Twisted Evil

FF Member #67

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 1 of 21

Jump to: