Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

C.C. Sabathia may undergo career-threatening surgery
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baseball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
green24


Joined: 10 Apr 2010
Posts: 46672
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:56 pm    Post subject: C.C. Sabathia may undergo career-threatening surgery Reply with quote



Quote:
@Buster_ESPN: There continues to be a possibility that CC Sabathia will require microfracture surgery on his knee, with an uncertain pitching future.

The Yankees' former ace has been on the shelf since May 10th. Prior to that point, he had 8 starts (46 innings) this year with a 5.28 ERA, 4.76 FIP, and a 0.2 WAR. Including this season and assuming the Yankees buy out the last year of his contract, he has 3 years and $76 million remaining on his contract. He turns 34 later this month.
_________________

aceinthehouse wrote:
I'm so confident in the Skins this season (offensively), I think they challenge the Patriots scoring record.
Call it a hunch. Idea
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JammerHammer21


Joined: 27 Dec 2009
Posts: 24350
Location: Anywhere
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a shame to see how far he's fallen. He was so dominant in the first few years. That opt-out really killed us, but we really couldn't let him leave.
_________________

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
green24


Joined: 10 Apr 2010
Posts: 46672
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JammerHammer21 wrote:
It's a shame to see how far he's fallen. He was so dominant in the first few years. That opt-out really killed us, but we really couldn't let him leave.

He was dominant from 2007-2011. His few months with the Brewers in 2008 was legendary.
_________________

aceinthehouse wrote:
I'm so confident in the Skins this season (offensively), I think they challenge the Patriots scoring record.
Call it a hunch. Idea
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JammerHammer21


Joined: 27 Dec 2009
Posts: 24350
Location: Anywhere
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:
It's a shame to see how far he's fallen. He was so dominant in the first few years. That opt-out really killed us, but we really couldn't let him leave.

He was dominant from 2007-2011. His few months with the Brewers in 2008 was legendary.


If you looked up workhorse in the dictionary, there'd be a picture of CC.

Not that I think he'll make it, but he might have an argument for the HOF. Has a World Series ring, won the Cy Young, etc. Over 60 career WAR too. But I doubt he gets in.
_________________

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
green24


Joined: 10 Apr 2010
Posts: 46672
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JammerHammer21 wrote:
green24 wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:
It's a shame to see how far he's fallen. He was so dominant in the first few years. That opt-out really killed us, but we really couldn't let him leave.

He was dominant from 2007-2011. His few months with the Brewers in 2008 was legendary.


If you looked up workhorse in the dictionary, there'd be a picture of CC.

Not that I think he'll make it, but he might have an argument for the HOF. Has a World Series ring, won the Cy Young, etc. Over 60 career WAR too. But I doubt he gets in.

He and Johan Santana are in the same boat, although Sabathia has the edge in terms of longevity. Sabathia was three years younger when he first cracked a major league rotation and waited a couple more years to have his potentially career-ending injury.
_________________

aceinthehouse wrote:
I'm so confident in the Skins this season (offensively), I think they challenge the Patriots scoring record.
Call it a hunch. Idea
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nick da Pick


Joined: 12 Mar 2014
Posts: 252
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definition of an ace, but was never one the best pitchers. Think he needs 2 or so more good years before I consider him Cooperstown worthy.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mesa_Titan


Joined: 20 Feb 2008
Posts: 55120
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nick da Pick wrote:
Definition of an ace, but was never one the best pitchers. Think he needs 2 or so more good years before I consider him Cooperstown worthy.


Those two statements don't mix. From when CC came into the league in 2001 to 2013, there was one, single, solitary pitcher that had more value than him. Roy Halladay.
_________________

mission27 wrote:
Mesa_Titan is God.

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Nick da Pick


Joined: 12 Mar 2014
Posts: 252
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mesa_Titan wrote:
Nick da Pick wrote:
Definition of an ace, but was never one the best pitchers. Think he needs 2 or so more good years before I consider him Cooperstown worthy.


Those two statements don't mix. From when CC came into the league in 2001 to 2013, there was one, single, solitary pitcher that had more value than him. Roy Halladay.

He was a very good consistent workhouse that you could rely on. That's an ace. There's only like one maybe two years where you could say that Sabathia was a top 3 pitcher.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ramssuperbowl99


Joined: 15 Apr 2005
Posts: 22893
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nick da Pick wrote:
Mesa_Titan wrote:
Nick da Pick wrote:
Definition of an ace, but was never one the best pitchers. Think he needs 2 or so more good years before I consider him Cooperstown worthy.


Those two statements don't mix. From when CC came into the league in 2001 to 2013, there was one, single, solitary pitcher that had more value than him. Roy Halladay.

He was a very good consistent workhouse that you could rely on. That's an ace. There's only like one maybe two years where you could say that Sabathia was a top 3 pitcher.
In 2008 he was basically unmatched.
_________________

Title Town USA wrote:
Don't question Rams. He runs this place. He is The Man.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
umphrey


Joined: 13 Jan 2008
Posts: 1232
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was surprised to see he's way ahead in career WAR over every modern pitcher outside of Roy Halladay and the only guy that can catch him any time soon is Felix.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nick da Pick


Joined: 12 Mar 2014
Posts: 252
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramssuperbowl99 wrote:
Nick da Pick wrote:
Mesa_Titan wrote:
Nick da Pick wrote:
Definition of an ace, but was never one the best pitchers. Think he needs 2 or so more good years before I consider him Cooperstown worthy.


Those two statements don't mix. From when CC came into the league in 2001 to 2013, there was one, single, solitary pitcher that had more value than him. Roy Halladay.

He was a very good consistent workhouse that you could rely on. That's an ace. There's only like one maybe two years where you could say that Sabathia was a top 3 pitcher.
In 2008 he was basically unmatched.

With the Brewers he was. I have a hard time putting CC in the top 3 that year because of his stint with the Indians, but there's definitely an argument to be made for CC. 250+ innings is ridiculous.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Thelonebillsfan


Joined: 22 Jan 2009
Posts: 10338
Location: In the ether
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

umphrey wrote:
I was surprised to see he's way ahead in career WAR over every modern pitcher outside of Roy Halladay and the only guy that can catch him any time soon is Felix.


Because of the last couple years where, like every pitcher who never knew the words "innings limit" his body has basically given up on him, people don't remember just how freakishly dominant he really was.

If he has to hang it up and retire, it's a shame. Especially after all the work he's put in over the past few years to try and keep his body from doing exactly this.
_________________
Adopt a Bill: WR, Robert Woods 5 rec, 86 Yards, 1 TD's
Adopt a Bill: DE/OLB, Mario Williams 8 TKLS, 4.5 Sacks, 4.5 TFL
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Karmaloop


Joined: 01 Mar 2008
Posts: 31000
Location: Queens, NY
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That contract extension hurts so bad now.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
green24


Joined: 10 Apr 2010
Posts: 46672
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@FeinsandNYDN: Cashman said CC Sabathia will have arthroscopic knee surgery - not micro fracture - on July 23. His season his over.

_________________

aceinthehouse wrote:
I'm so confident in the Skins this season (offensively), I think they challenge the Patriots scoring record.
Call it a hunch. Idea
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mission27


Joined: 17 Jan 2008
Posts: 18800
Location: when i find out ill tell you
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nick da Pick wrote:
Mesa_Titan wrote:
Nick da Pick wrote:
Definition of an ace, but was never one the best pitchers. Think he needs 2 or so more good years before I consider him Cooperstown worthy.


Those two statements don't mix. From when CC came into the league in 2001 to 2013, there was one, single, solitary pitcher that had more value than him. Roy Halladay.

He was a very good consistent workhouse that you could rely on. That's an ace. There's only like one maybe two years where you could say that Sabathia was a top 3 pitcher.


2007, 2008, maybe 2011. And easily top-10 for most of a decade.
_________________

thelawoffices wrote:
I'm leading on a tubster way more than I should for my own amusement.

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baseball All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group