Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

THE Baltimore Orioles Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 52, 53, 54 ... 64, 65, 66  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
S. Taylor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JonnyQuest wrote:
What do you guys think of Ryu Hyun Jin?

He's going to be expensive, and from what I've read...
The O's aren't willing to make anything more than a 3 year commitment to a pitcher.

Since the O's have Bundy and Gausman waiting in the wings, I think they'll look for a more experience veteran that's willing to accept a 3-4 year deal.

I just hope it's not Edwin Jackson.
I wouldn't be surprised if they reach out to Anibal Sanchez.
If they can get Sanchez for 3 years/45-50 million...
They'll probably do it.
sp6488

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

S. Taylor wrote:
JonnyQuest wrote:
What do you guys think of Ryu Hyun Jin?

He's going to be expensive, and from what I've read...
The O's aren't willing to make anything more than a 3 year commitment to a pitcher.

Since the O's have Bundy and Gausman waiting in the wings, I think they'll look for a more experience veteran that's willing to accept a 3-4 year deal.

I just hope it's not Edwin Jackson.
I wouldn't be surprised if they reach out to Anibal Sanchez.
If they can get Sanchez for 3 years/45-50 million...
They'll probably do it.

I would love to see us make a play at Shohei Otani as a more long-term move. I'm not 100% sure how the new international cap will factor into this as a potential move, though.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/japan-high-school-pitcher-otani-130618579--mlb.html

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have heard that Otani is massively overrated as a prospect and can barely find the strike zone, so I'm not sure what to think about moving for him.
"The really important kind of freedom involves attention, and awareness, and discipline, and effort, and being able truly to care about other people and to sacrifice for them, over and over, in myriad petty little unsexy ways, every day.
sp6488

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
Have heard that Otani is massively overrated as a prospect and can barely find the strike zone, so I'm not sure what to think about moving for him.

Where you hear that from? Not disagreeing, just wondering. If he has the arm talent and only 18, maybe he's a guy that could benefit immensely from Peterson's mechanics magic (assuming we can keep him in Baltimore). The thing is, if he won't be incredibly expensive, there's no harm in getting him in to the system as long as we aren't relying on him to be the next Cy Young. One thing DD has done a great job is getting guys in here who can compete for spots on the ML roster, international guys in particular.

In the past it felt like what was at the ML level was what was going to be there no matter underperformance. This season it looks like we might have:

Hammel
Chen
Tillman
Gonzo
Saunders (who knows)

At the ML level, with:

Arrietta
Matusz
Britton
S Johnson
Gausman
Bundy

All down on the farm fighting for a coveted SP spot in the majors. Under previous regimes, we would probably have trotted out Tillman, Britton, Arrietta, Guthrie, Matusz this past season come hell or high water and not have been in much better shape coming into this season.

*Not sure what happens with Wada this season, speaking of international signings.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/Ken_Rosenthal/status/268192856404025345

this would be a great pickup for the o's....he tears up lhp...if we resign mclouth they can platoon. i'd sign him to a 2 year deal 4 mil per year. put reimold in AAA to see if he can stay healthy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buck didn't win AL Manager of the Year. What the BUCK?!?!

It's a travesty!!!

Falcons. O's. Wizards. Caps.
JonnyQuest

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We got McLouth resigned!

Great deal. Didn't commit multiple years and is very cheap.

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/mlb/383073/tribe-stepping-up-intensity-on-kevin-youkilis

Falcons. O's. Wizards. Caps.
StRawz11

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonder what trades the Orioles have in the works. Roch Kubatko said a deal is extremely likely

Billy Butler, Michael Morse? Butler seems unlikely and Morse won't be traded if LaRoche doesnt resign

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently McLouth signed to a 1 year $2M deal. Love it. I wouldn't be upset if we went with a Nolan/Nate platoon in left. Also, still leaves the door open for Hamilton with Mclouth as the #4 OF, backing up all outfield spots. Would definitely still get significant playing time.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sp6488 wrote:
Apparently McLouth signed to a 1 year $2M deal. Love it. I wouldn't be upset if we went with a Nolan/Nate platoon in left. Also, still leaves the door open for Hamilton with Mclouth as the #4 OF, backing up all outfield spots. Would definitely still get significant playing time.

I like that deal.
The rumor is that the Mariners are in serious pursuit of Josh Hamilton.

I have a strange feeling that the Orioles won't sign him.
StRawz11

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it just me, or does it seem that this team is a little worse off than it was last year? Davis would be the new 1B now and that's a downgrade defensively, and that would mean that the definition of mediocre (Wilson Betemit) would be our DH. Even though Reimold could be the DH. I know the off season is not over yet and some things could happen, but I'm slightly worried.

I'm not asking for a trade for the sake of trade, but don't tell me this team is in better position right now.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StRawz11 wrote:
Is it just me, or does it seem that this team is a little worse off than it was last year? Davis would be the new 1B now and that's a downgrade defensively, and that would mean that the definition of mediocre (Wilson Betemit) would be our DH. Even though Reimold could be the DH. I know the off season is not over yet and some things could happen, but I'm slightly worried.

I'm not asking for a trade for the sake of trade, but don't tell me this team is in better position right now.

Mark Reynolds is likely gone, and that was to save money.
They haven't added anyone.

They've definitely stayed the same, and possibly, have gotten worse.

I remember reading that the O's are more likely to make a trade for a slugger than to sign one. I'm guessing that means they won't sign Josh Hamilton, but rumors are just rumors. I don't know which slugger can be acquired by way of trade, nor am I interested in moving any of the current players/prospects.
StRawz11

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

S. Taylor wrote:
StRawz11 wrote:

I remember reading that the O's are more likely to make a trade for a slugger than to sign one. I'm guessing that means they won't sign Josh Hamilton, but rumors are just rumors. I don't know which slugger can be acquired by way of trade, nor am I interested in moving any of the current players/prospects.

You think the Orioles would be trying to improve on 2012, but I still think they've gotten slightly worse. And I really have no idea who this slugger they would be going after is

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

StRawz11 wrote:
S. Taylor wrote:
StRawz11 wrote:

You think the Orioles would be trying to improve on 2012, but I still think they've gotten slightly worse. And I really have no idea who this slugger they would be going after is

I don't know. I'm sad to see mark go, but I'm not so sure this team is really "worse" at this point. Our starting pitching was so much better at the end o the year compared to the beginning. Machado should get better and will be up for a whole year. Add in better health for nick and hammel and this team should certainly be better. I could see us adding another peice.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sp6488 wrote:
StRawz11 wrote:
S. Taylor wrote:
StRawz11 wrote:

I don't know. I'm sad to see mark go, but I'm not so sure this team is really "worse" at this point. Our starting pitching was so much better at the end o the year compared to the beginning. Machado should get better and will be up for a whole year. Add in better health for nick and hammel and this team should certainly be better. I could see us adding another peice.

Reynolds is much better at first than Davis and we now have a giant hole at DH. Reimold could file it if healthy but thats a big if.

Don't really see a trade at this point

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baseball All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 52, 53, 54 ... 64, 65, 66  Next
Page 53 of 66

Jump to: