Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 13 GDT: Oakland Raiders at San Diego Chargers
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 57, 58, 59  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:53 pm    Post subject: Week 13 GDT: Oakland Raiders at San Diego Chargers Reply with quote

Our Oakland Raiders come into San Diego Looking to keep their plaoff hopes alive and to stay undefeated in the AFC West

OAKLAND RAIDERS

VISIT

SAN DIEGO CHARGERS

When: Dec 5, 2010 4:15 pm ET

Where: Qualcomm Stadium, San Diego, CA

TV: CBS

Tickets: 1-800-745-3000

(5-6)(3-0)
Streak: L2

Total Offense: 17th (335.8 ypg)
Total Defense: 13th (335.3 ypg)

Passing Leader:
Jason Campbell 190 Att 104 Cmp 1322 Yds 54.7% 7 TDs 6 INTs

Rushing Leader:
Darren McFadden 157 Att 773 Yds 4.9 Avg 4 TDs

Receiving Leader:
Zach Miller 37 Rec 476 Yds 4 TDs

*DMC is having his best year as a Raider, but can they get him going sunday after two consecutive down weeks?

Raiders Injury Report

Bruce Gradkowski QB right Shoulder Did Not Participate In Practice O
Chris Johnson CB Groin Did Not Participate In Practice TBD
Rolando McClain LB Foot Did Not Participate In Practice TBD
Richard Seymour DT Knee Did Not Participate In Practice TBD
Nnamdi Asomugha CB Ankle Limited Participation in Practice TBD
Tyvon Branch S Shoulder Limited Participation in Practice TBD
Zach Miller TE Foot Limited Participation in Practice TBD
Chaz Schilens WR Knee Limited Participation in Practice TBD

Team Articles per NFL.com:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81c87bc6/article/with-gradkowskis-shoulder-ailing-raiders-campbell-to-start
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81c97370/article/has-the-raiders-qb-carousel-stopped-gradkowski-goes-on-ir

(6-5)(1-2)
Streak: W4

Total Offense: 1st (407.5 ypg)
Total Defense: 1st (273.6 ypg)

Passing Leader:
Phillip Rivers 376
Att 249 Cmp 3362 Yds 66.2% 23 TDs 9 INTs

Rushing Leader:
Mike Tolbert 138
Att 609 Yds 4.4 Avg 9 TDs

Receiveing Leader:
Antonio Gates 44
Rec 709 Yds 9 TDs

* Antonio Gates is the best TE in the game when healthy, not letting him and Rivers get in any sort of rhythm will be vital to the Raiders Success.

Chargers Injury Report
Patrick Crayton WR Wrist Did Not Participate In Practice TBD
Antonio Gates TE Toe Did Not Participate In Practice TBD
Vincent Jackson WR Calf Did Not Participate In Practice TBD
Mike Tolbert RB Hand Did Not Participate In Practice TBD
Louis Vasquez G Neck Did Not Participate In Practice TBD
Travis Johnson DE Shoulder Full Participation in Practice TBD
Ryan Mathews RB Ankle Full Participation in Practice TBD
Donald Strickland CB Hip Full Participation in Practice TBD
Kris Wilson TE Back Full Participation in Practice TBD
Stephen Cooper LB Knee Limited Participation in Practice TBD
Malcom Floyd WR Hamstring Limited Participation in Practice TBD
Steve Gregory S Shoulder Limited Participation in Practice TBD

Team Articles per NFL.com
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81c94a54/article/chargers-have-rb-mathews-back-but-receiving-corps-still-ailing
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81c835d1/article/teammates-come-to-jacksons-defense-over-calf-injury

With That said, What are OakRaiders3828 Thoughts on the game?

Really it's simple. If we win we are legit contenders witht he way that the Chargers have been playing as of late, and are still in the Playoff hunt due to our division. IF we lose this game IMO we are done and obviously have no chance this season, Especially with the cupcake schedules for the Chargers AND the Chiefs, I mean it's pathetic really how soft the rest of the year is for SD, PATHETIC, If they win out it won't surprise me one bit. Jason Campbell needs to step up and show why we traded for him, Theres going to be pressure, but he is going to need to stay calm in the pocket, keep his eyes downfield, make smart decisions and just play good balll, the second he starts playing scared and rattled is the same second that we start to crumble, our offense really needs to come out strong and remain consistent throughout the game, NOW how do we do that? well it is simple. RUN the ball and STICK to it, even if it is not working at first you CANNOT abandon the run like they have done the past two weeks, its simple DMC is HUGE to this offense and whether its in the passing game or running he simly has to be used or we lose, hes that important to our team, so he and Bush need to get their carries in order for us to stay in this game because Jason campbell has yet to prove that he can torch a secondary and win a game when our run game is non-existent. Our WRs also need to step up BIG, Zach might be out again so I expect Louis Murphy or Jacoby Ford to step up this weekend, Hopefully DHB can do something, and i'm not even going to mention Chaz Schilens, but heres to hoping he can play i guess...

Now onto the defense, I'm not worried about their run game, even if Seymour is out i Feel the rotation of Henderson, Kelly and Bryant will do just fine against the combination of Matthews/Tolbert, along with Shaugnessy/Houston at end. What really worries me is the secondary. With Johnson and Asomugha banged up that leaves Routt and Walter McFadden who had a game to forget last week vs Miami. Phillip Rivers is going to have a good day but what we need to do is really limit the big plays, Huff has done good in the past on TEs and Mitchell has been really impressing me in coverage lately, so surprisingly gates is the least of my worries, its the no name WRs of San Diego that worry me against our corners as well as Sproles and their screen game. Phillip Rivers is arguably the best QB right now in the league, at least he is playing like it and after what Chad Henne did to us last week, i literally am having nightmares thinking about next week and what Rivers can potentially do. Im hoping that coaching can look at the film and see where the problem was last week and they can come out and play a lot better against San Diego or else we are in for a loonngggg day and a 350+ day from Phillip Rivers. If Johnson can't go i'm hoping for Asomugha, Routt and Ware. I like McFadden but he hasn't been active much this year and clearly showed he isn't ready, and we can't risk him having "growing pains" in what potenitally is our biggest game of the year. Turnovers will be KEY, we need at least two to have a chance to win this game, at least. Heres to Jacoby Ford providing us with another Big return.

Raiders Win if:

Arrow We run the ball, DMC and the running game keeps the defense honest
Arrow Offensive Line keeps Campbell upright
Arrow Secondary limits big plays from Rivers
Arrow We dominate Special teams like last time
Arrow Hue Jackson takes his head out of his arse

San Diego Wins if:

Arrow Phillip Rivers takes advantage of the secondary
Arrow Pressure Jason Campbell and make him uncomfortable
Arrow Shut down the Run Game and make our QB beat you
Arrow It's as simple as that

Final Prediction:

Oakland 21
San Diego 17

*But i wouldn't bet on it*

RAIDER NATION We need this, Nothing is impossible and even though no one is giving us a chance we have to believe in our boys and they need to prove this program has taken a turn for the best! Nobody believed in the 1980 US Hockey team, but they won, Nobody believed in the 1991 Duke team, but they won, Nobody believed in the 2007 Warriors, but they beat Dallas, and you know what, NOBODY will give the 2010 oakland raiders a chance, Now go finish the story Raiders! This has got makings of a huge upset, The hot Chargers vs the Lowly Raiders, SHow who you are, shove it down their throats and stick your middle fingers in the air, hold your heads high and put everyone who denies the Raiders foots in their mouth this weekend, by sweeping the Chargers for the first time since god knows when.

One of the greates speeches of all time was said by the greatest coach of all time, and it reminds me of Oakland an they need to have this mindset, it goes a little something like...
Vince Lombardi wrote:
"Winning is not a sometime thing. It's an all-the-time thing. You don't win once in a while. You don't do things right once in a while. You do them right all the time. Winning is a habit. Unfortunately, so is losing. There is no room for second place. There is only one place in my game, and that's first place. I have finished second twice in my time at Green Bay, and I don't ever want to finish second again. There is a second-place bowl game, but it is a game for losers played by losers. It is and always has been an American zeal to be first in anything we do, and to win, and to win, and to win."

Men...I leave you with this...

I'm off Cool

Last edited by OakRaiders3828 on Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:58 pm; edited 2 times in total
Re-Drew-Vinated

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gameplan should be simple, like always. On offense, it's establish an effective running game, and use play action to Miller,Murphy, and Ford.

Defensively we are going to HAVE to disrupt the pocket and force Rivers into a couple mistakes and get a couple turnovers. I don't see any reason why Rivers won't have another 300 yard game against us, so getting a few turnovers is a must if we want to win this game.

Jacoby might have a few chances to take some to the house on special teams as well. We might need him to, actually.

That being said...

Prediction

SD- 31
Oak- 20

^^big_palooka on the sig^^

On Buster Davis:
Boltstrikes wrote:
He also lacks the toughness necessary to sell girl scout cookies.

Very Happy
Oaktown

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I won't be shocked if Rivers throws for 500 yards.

I honestly don't expect this game to be close.

With the way the last two games went I feel like this season is slipping away.

Raiders would need several big breaks to keep this game close.

My guess SD wins 38-10
big_palooka

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is nothing I like about this game. Not a damn thing.

The Raiders are going to get punched in their un-patched eye this week. I hate saying that, but there is no chance at a win in this one.

Why:

-Rivers and the Chargers are hot. Rivers went for 400+ on the Raiders when they were not hot.

-Raiders secondary can't cover squat and the blitz packages are not effectively creating much needed pressure.

-Raiders offense is abysmal. Playing against the #1 unit in football, it's going to be a long day.

-Chargers will stack the box and stuff McFadden. Force Campbell to pass. Problem is, the WRs are utter trash and can't make plays (exception being Ford, but that's not enough).

-Any chance the Raiders have to build a passing game, starts with Miller who's banged up and obviously ineffective as of late.

Bottom line. The Raiders are not going to get 2 blocked punts and a strip, fumble return TD in this one.

Chargers are going to roll hard on us this Sunday. I hate saying it, I pray I'm wrong.

The Raiders have the familiar look defeat on their them. They (with the help of coach Curly's QB roulette) took the trip to the post office last week. This week, I see them mailing in the rest of the season.

Sad but true. Team doesn't have the talent or coaching to fight back, win this important game and stay alive in the playoff picture. Same old Raiders. Honestly, if they get another win, I will be shocked.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look im just keeping on my silver and black glasses, Everything is in place for San Diego to win, everyone knows this...with that said, the Raiders will win.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heeeeee's baaaaaaaaaack

Thats the good ol' BP we all know and love. Its sad though that I pretty much agree. We might be able to pull one more off but I don't see more than 2 at the most. Really unfortunate too because we looked good for a stretch

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Somewhere, RR strokes his mustache with pride
Among other things...
BayArea07

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Raiders lost by 16 to the Dolphins at home in an important game after getting beat down the week before. I'm definitely not feeling confident about this game. Let's go Raiders!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great gameday thread dude. Best one I've seen on here in a while, very nicely done.

Unfortunately, I just don't see us winning this game. The Chargers IMO are playing like a top 3 team, and the Raiders the last two weeks have flat out sucked. I see Rivers and company going up and down the field against our defense like they did the last time we played them. Our banged up secondary made Chad Henne look great, I can't imagine what kind of day Rivers is going to have.

If we are going to have any chance in this game at all, we are going to have to find out where the hell our running game went. Darren McFadden and Bush are going to have to have good days on the ground to keep Rivers off the field.

Hate to be so negative, but sadly I think we are going to see more of the same stuff we have seen the last two weeks. Running game gets shut down, other team gets up big and we are going to be forced to throw the ball. Hope I'm wrong but I see this being a long day.

Chargers 34
Raiders 13
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know Rivers is there most important player and all, however keep in mind, Floyd, gates, Jackson, vasquez, Tolbert and Crayton could all be out this week. Ryan Matthews doesn't scare me to be honest, If we can stop the vertical game and force a couple turnovers we really have a chance. Especially if we get back to doing what we do best on offense and keeping DMC AND Reese involved in the screen game. Things happen. What if we block two punts agin? or pick off Rivers twice? What if McFadden goes off like he did against Denver? or Jacoby Ford or Higgins run back a Kickoff/Punt? I Just can't admit defeat to the Chargers or Norv Turner, just can't. Watching Norvandy's face after we beat them earlier was priceless and amazing, it will just cap off a great week if we could sweep them. Like John lennon said- Imagine
*Raiders4life*

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome GDT, Bravo sir Applause

Yea as mentioned, nothing I like about this game whatsoever. San Diego on a 4 game win streak playing really good football potential MVP QB Phillip Rivers at home.

At the same time it could be a let down game for San Diego and Raiders are due for a big week from their rush attack.

Props to cdUbs14 for the sick sig!

"Champions don't make excuses, they make plays!!"-Richard Seymour
ienjoythesnow

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A raiders fan with a tom brady sig? what is this I don't even

RaiderX with the assist^^
91jmay

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GDT is the only good thing about this game.

Seriously i have got an ugly feeling about this one. Sad

Allen said he would play the hot hand, in what world is McFadden's hand hot?

He touched Dennis Allen's seat before the game.
Comit2Xcelence

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ienjoythesnow wrote:
A raiders fan with a tom brady sig? what is this I don't even

should be stripped of his fan hood. you can not like Tom Brady and be a raider fan. The Tuck rule screwed us 100% and i tend to think it killed the raiders and made the patriots.

Grudens last game on the oakland sideline. if we win that game we go to the super bowl and without a doubt in my mind we would have beat the Rams. and Gruden prolly doesnt leave for tampa who we lose to the next year to in the super bowl. and we possibly win 2 in a row and prolly dont become the laughing stock of the NFL for the next 8 years.

INSTEAD

The pats go on to the superbowl, win it and 2 of the next 3 and turned them into a so called Dynasty.
LivingLegendWFC

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ONLY chance we have at a win is if we can come out and jump to an early lead. Im not talking a 7-0 lead, more like 14-0. Jumping out to an early lead is really what helped us win last time. The chances of that happening are very slim. If we dont get a lead Rivers is going to kill us. He abused our secondary the first time and they are playing even better now. McFadden will have to have a big day, and we will need some plays on special teams. Unfortunately I dont see all of this happening. At the beginning of the year I wanted to beat the Chargers once, twice is extremely unlikely. Im pulling for our guys but I just cant bring myself to predict a win. Maybe the division rivalry helps a little and maybe we can pull it out because we really need this win, but that is too many maybes for my taste.

Chargers: 31
Raiders: 17

And in all honesty it could be a lot worse.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the bright side this GDT seems to be almost identical to the last time we played them Laughing.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 57, 58, 59  Next
Page 1 of 59

Jump to: