You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Finally the stupidity is over...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Displaced Titan Fan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 8:33 pm    Post subject: Finally the stupidity is over... Reply with quote

First: These cuts make light on what I've been saying for a while. All you guys who said we would take a RB with our first pick at 6 (or in the first 2 rounds for that matter) need to be quiet now. It's over, we are not getting Benson, Cadiallac or any other RB that high. We don't need them, depth is not found in ROUND 1!!! It is found on the second day of the draft!!
Second: The D.J. chance also dwindled with the cuts today. Suddenly our LB corps. is the best unit of our defense! I don't know about you, but I don't want to see A. Dyson covering the opposition's best WR!!!! DB Must and Will be our first pick, if not first two picks. It will be Antrel Rolle. Enough said, a big physical corner... not this little pac man kid who can fly but will get destroyed agaist big guys. Barring a Braylon Edwards or Mike Williams running rocket 40 times and becoming "combine Freaks" and barring Antrel Rolle doesn't do anything stuipid, he should be wearing a Titans Uniform next season.
bulluckthebeast

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Displaced, before today RB was an option at #6, and saying it wasn't is just dumb. Now that we released several key players I'll admit there is almost no chance we'll draft a RB #6 or in the second.

We must draft a CB in the first two rounds this year. We'll have Woolfolk, Beckham, and Waddel as our CB's next season and that's pretty scary. Next year will be tough, but I think we can still win 7-8 games. By 2007 we should be back to our old form.

"Tina you fat, lard come get your dinner"
ChrisBrown

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it will go more WR then CB in the second and if its CB first it will be trade down too the teens and take JUSTIN MILLER or someone along those lines and take a WR in the second. If A.Rolle has a good showing he will be gone at Pick 3 . The combine will tell all

Braylon Edwards i dont think has a shot at becoming a titan since his agent is SMITH
ChrisBrown

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bulluckthebeast wrote:
Displaced, before today RB was an option at #6, and saying it wasn't is just dumb. Now that we released several key players I'll admit there is almost no chance we'll draft a RB #6 or in the second.

We must draft a CB in the first two rounds this year. We'll have Woolfolk, Beckham, and Waddel as our CB's next season and that's pretty scary. Next year will be tough, but I think we can still win 7-8 games. By 2007 we should be back to our old form.

The Coaches love Beckham . Woolfolk scares me not so much that he cant play that hes an injury waiting to happen . Waddell has alot of upside they didnt even expect him to basically start his second year he was just going to be a return man . If we have the Pass Rush we had this year we will be lucky to win 4
titans will return

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think we need to find a way 2 get 2 2nd rd picks because it will make our draft look like this to "replace" and "reload" for the future

1antrell rolle
2Brandon Browner
2Roddy White
3Wes Britt
3Mike Nugent
4michael Munoz
5chad Owens
6Frank Omyale
7Alex Holmes
Displaced Titan Fan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But Bulluck, picking a RB at six is as good as giving Chris Brown a plane ticket out of town. How much of a dis would that be!? The guy tore it up this year before the coaches told him to sit out so he wouldn't hurt himself no more on a useless season. True he's no Eddie George, but he's no Yatil Green(remember him) either.
bulluckthebeast

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe and Maybe not. Look at Philly they had Buckhalter and Westbrook and now they have been rumored to be going after Alexander. Teams now a days can't have too many good RB's. Other examples are Vikings, Bears, Colts, Broncos, etc. I do think that if we drafted a RB Brown would be gone when his contract ran out. This is kind of pointless now since we won't draft a RB with the first pick.

"Tina you fat, lard come get your dinner"
liquid

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say the three most valuable positions to rebuilding teams are OT, DE anc CB.

A running back can be had in the 3rd or 4th round. Westbrook was a third rounder and Buckhalter a 4th rounder.

Even Julius Jones was a second rounder last year by the Cowboys and he looks like a stud.

I think the best value in the first round would be taking a CB and maybe even trading down to get a second second round pick. Draftpicks make no money and are very cap friendly so you have to constantly be bringing in new younger players.

It's really not that bad what happened to you guys today. The players were over 30 and they start to decline. Mason will not stay the same in the near future. He has to be declining. Look at the eagles letting go of staley, taylor and vincent. they were all over 30 and did almost nothing for their teams. Staley was injured for almost have the year.

they need to stop overpaying these guys and pay them based on what they are worth. also make very good decisions in the draft b/c if you don't you are forced to go after more expensive talent on the FA market and you get killed doing that.
titangreins

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Liquid, The front office does a good job with talent. Rolle 2nd rd, Mase 4th rd, Carter (traded a 1st) but the cap has just been a killer the last few years. Finally its a "blow up". I'm somewhat relieved, but hopefully they draft this year well and have a decent year (not 5-11, that was painful)
liquid

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

at least you can go down and then go up. I think your franchise is quality. always a jeff fischer fan too.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: