Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

hard hitting safeties
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alabama_man7

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:37 pm    Post subject: hard hitting safeties Reply with quote

I really want to get a hard hitting safety in this years draft. Ive heard names like Greg Blue and Dwayne Slay thrown around alot, but havent seen much of them. Ive found clips of Slay and he looks really good, but I can't find any clips of Blue laying guys out. Could someone please post a link to any clips of Blue. Thanks in advance
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

too bad they can't cover. you want a hard hitter look a tguys like Pollard in the 3rd and Watkins in the 3rd and Bing in the 2nd.

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
MadAtFalcons

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

man scar you gotta admit, youre really biast against blue. I suppose im biast towards blue, and I acknowledge that he is not great in coverage, but he tackles soooooooooooooooooo good. I'll drop everything if you just admit that, to me that would be just as satisfying as drafting him. ( you have to mean it.

What's a fan to do when his team keeps falling apart?
Try and pick the pieces up of his broken heart?
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MadAtFalcons wrote:
man scar you gotta admit, youre really biast against blue. I suppose im biast towards blue, and I acknowledge that he is not great in coverage, but he tackles soooooooooooooooooo good. I'll drop everything if you just admit that, to me that would be just as satisfying as drafting him. ( you have to mean it.
I have already said he is a monster tackler. but he is HORRIBLE in coverage.

MadAtFalcons

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
MadAtFalcons wrote:
I have already said he is a monster tackler. but he is HORRIBLE in coverage.

YAY!

alabama_man7

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

slay isn't horrible in coverage. Atleast not as bad as Blue from what I saw in the Auburn game. And Pollard sucks at coverage too. So i don't see how picking Pollard in the 3rd is better than getting Slay in the 4th when slay hits harder and has better coverage skills.
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alabama_man7 wrote:
slay isn't horrible in coverage. Atleast not as bad as Blue from what I saw in the Auburn game. And Pollard sucks at coverage too. So i don't see how picking Pollard in the 3rd is better than getting Slay in the 4th when slay hits harder and has better coverage skills.

Pollard is extremely underated in coverage and he actually has something called ball awareness. Blue has 1 INT in his career... Pollard had 4 as a junior. Pollard is very good in a zone and is not nearly as lost in coverage as Blue and to a lesser degree, as Slay is. Pollard is very good in the mid and Deep zones in coerage like what we will ahve him play. while Slay only is good in intermediate and Blue can't cover well at all.

alabama_man7

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was comparing Pollard to Slay not Blue, but thanks for info. I had no idea Pollard had 4 pics as a junior. Im just going off scouting reports and everyones says he has virtually no ball awareness.
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alabama_man7 wrote:
I was comparing Pollard to Slay not Blue, but thanks for info. I had no idea Pollard had 4 pics as a junior. Im just going off scouting reports and everyones says he has virtually no ball awareness.

when I saw Pollard he looked just fine out there as a SS (which woudl be very similar to FS for us) but the hole in his game is man coverage. but that is the hole in most safeties games.

MadAtFalcons

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
alabama_man7 wrote:

when I saw Pollard he looked just fine out there as a SS (which woudl be very similar to FS for us) but the hole in his game is man coverage. but that is the hole in most safeties games.

so whats youre point?

alabama_man7

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You were comparing Pollards coverage ability to Blue's when I already knew that Blue sucked in coverage. I just wanted to know if Pollard was that much better than Slay.
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alabama_man7 wrote:
You were comparing Pollards coverage ability to Blue's when I already knew that Blue sucked in coverage. I just wanted to know if Pollard was that much better than Slay.

Pollard is close to Roy Williams in coverage. he is very solid but he isn't amazing. Slay is more of a linebacker playing Safety like lue.

MadAtFalcons

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
alabama_man7 wrote:

Pollard is close to Roy Williams in coverage. he is very solid but he isn't amazing. Slay is more of a linebacker playing Safety like lue.

like blue. LoL. Hmmm... I bet blue would be a good OLB. Im actually not kidding this time.[/list]

TheIncomparable

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blue will be an OLB in the NFL. Slay could be this year's Earnest Shazor if his reported 4.7 speed is the truth. Pollard has the size of Bing but not the speed, but he could still go in the 3rd but more likely he will go in the 4th. One guy I have been high on all year is Daniel Bullocks. He is very good in coverage and a pretty fearless hitter. Pat Watkins has been on my 2006 mock draft since my first one and we should consider taking either he or Bullocks, whichever is there in the 3rd round.

Props to Scar for the sweetest sig on the site!
MadAtFalcons

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheIncomparable wrote:
Blue will be an OLB in the NFL. Slay could be this year's Earnest Shazor if his reported 4.7 speed is the truth. Pollard has the size of Bing but not the speed, but he could still go in the 3rd but more likely he will go in the 4th. One guy I have been high on all year is Daniel Bullocks. He is very good in coverage and a pretty fearless hitter. Pat Watkins has been on my 2006 mock draft since my first one and we should consider taking either he or Bullocks, whichever is there in the 3rd round.

who do you think will get blue? and what round? (probably 3rd or 4th)

Plus yeah, bullocks is underrated it think.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: