Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Adams: "This is Not an Ending"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TitansFan9

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 7:46 pm    Post subject: Adams: "This is Not an Ending" Reply with quote

Titans owner Bud Adams made a statement late Monday about the recent cuts. "Everyone in the organization understood this was a reality we would have to face someday. We knew the consequences of keeping a team together over a long period of time and in the process enjoyed the successes of those teams. The league has created a system that ensures competitive balance and this is a part of that system. I deeply appreciate the contributions of the veterans that we have to waive. They gave us their best and helped us achieve a number of goals along the way. At this point, I believe this is the best option for our franchise and know it will make us stronger for the future. I am comfortable with this decision because I trust our scouting system and our coaching staff. They have shown the ability to identify and develop talent throughout their tenure and because of that I believe we will always field a winner. To our fans, this is not an ending. I believe in this team and I look forward to seeing them grow."
Burton

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Can't believe their going to release that many guys without any compensation its like starting over from barely nothing, I can't see us making the playoffs for several years now.

With the 3rd pick in the first round the Tennessee
bulluckthebeast

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These guys are major losses, but not as big as your making it out to be. Mason is easily replaced by a combination of several young recievers. Miller has a chance of coming back, but even if he doesn't then we can move Bell or Pillar to RT. Holcombe has already been replaced by Flemming. Nedney will probably be resigned. Carter wasn't producing enough for what he was being paid, but he'll be missed very badly in the community and in the locker room. Carter also has a chance in coming back at a much cheaper contract. Rolle will be very hard to replace. We could draft nothing but corners for the next two years and may not find someone like him. He will be the biggest loss.

We can still be competative next season. We kept most of the key players, we'll be able to keep all the RFA's, we can extend some players contracts, and we'll be drafting very high. I see us going about 8-8 that's as long as we don't have injuries of course. We should be back in the upper echolon by 2007, IMO.

"Tina you fat, lard come get your dinner"
liquid

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's hard to believe that those players will not be missed. and Mason he had over 1000 yards receiving. That's not easily replaced.

It's just a matter of a team overspending for certain players who weren't worth keeping. You have to know when to say no! just say no!
titangreins

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

liquid wrote:
That's hard to believe that those players will not be missed. and Mason he had over 1000 yards receiving. That's not easily replaced.

It's just a matter of a team overspending for certain players who weren't worth keeping. You have to know when to say no! just say no!

Of course they will be missed, it's not fun coming off 5-11 and most of the stars getting the ax. Beast is justifying how to "replace" their numbers. Definately doable with guys that are there. All the players cut everyone knew had HUGE cap numbers in the later years of their contracts. All those players are not getting any younger and the production isn't there (with the exception of Mase, he's been consistant) Rolle hasn't been the same since the neck injury.
liquid

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

but that's what the eagles have been great at doing. trying to minimize big contracts and dead cap money contracts. we let go of taylor, vincent and staley.

it's hard to do, but now look at corey simon. we didn't go crazy with his contract
liquid

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your team will bounce back b/c you are good evaluators of young talent. that's the key with the salary cap.
titangreins

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

liquid wrote:
but that's what the eagles have been great at doing. trying to minimize big contracts and dead cap money contracts. we let go of taylor, vincent and staley.

it's hard to do, but now look at corey simon. we didn't go crazy with his contract

Agreed. The Egles have been awesome at the cap and talent. To add TO and Jevon last year was amazing. You guys are still in great shape even with tagging Simon
liquid

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

to tag someone means you have no cap hit later. so even if simon doesn't sign long term we have no negative reprecussions. also we have so many picks this year that it bides us some time to see if young players can develop.

I really like the way the Titans play though. I'd be happy and proud to be a Titans fan.

I love Kearse too. He just looks weird wearing 93.
titangreins

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

liquid wrote:
to tag someone means you have no cap hit later. so even if simon doesn't sign long term we have no negative reprecussions. also we have so many picks this year that it bides us some time to see if young players can develop.

I really like the way the Titans play though. I'd be happy and proud to be a Titans fan.

I love Kearse too. He just looks weird wearing 93.

However, Simon will get a huge one yr deal regardless. Yes, Freak does not look right in 93, or in green Smile
titans#1fan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This happens to every team. Our time has ran out for goin to the super bowl and Reese relized that and had to blow up the team for us te be successful for the future. It will take maybe one or two years to get over .500.
Look at what the Ravens did!!
It will be awsome to see a team grow and form in front of your face. I never experienced one. I always was around guys like Wychekc, Kearse, McNair, Rolle, Mason, Hopkins, Dyson, Bruce Mathews, Eddie, Fisk, Bishop. Thats when we shouldve won the superbowl. Now these guys will will be replaced in the future with stars that we dont know yet. Now thats exciting. Im not sayin that we'll get people just like them or that they'll feel their shoes but just new stars to talk about like the ones i just mentioned.
Burton

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wish they had done it this year so we didn't have to sit through a 5-11 season even when the team wasn't blown up, but i guess no one knew we'd get that many injuries.

titans#1fan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the best time, after a 5-11 season.
Burton

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah but if they had done it this season that would have been one less losing season we had to indure, but as i said (since no one cares to actually read my post) we had alot of injuries so no one could have known it would turn out like this.

titans#1fan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its not about the injuries. Its about the money and we would have done it prolly anyway. The injuries were just unfortanate.
Reese did this for the future of our team and we keep diggin a deeper hole every year with us bein over the cap. It was perfect timing.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: