Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT Week 12: Raiders vs Dolphins. Squish the Fish!!!
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:50 pm    Post subject: GDT Week 12: Raiders vs Dolphins. Squish the Fish!!! Reply with quote

No GDT yet?!?!?!?!?

Week 12 2010: Oakland Raiders vs Miami Dolphins

(ahhh allegory)

My keys to the game:

Raiders:

1. Darren McFadden

Need to get him going early. Pound it out a bit with him, screen, sweep. Anything to get him involved because he will be a crutch for the QB. Simply put, he's our best offensive player and we can't afford to not utilize him. Last week we FINALLY saw him split out at WR again. This was the first time he did it this year IIRC. I've been wondering why he hasn't been there at all this year.

2. Pass Defense
Marshall may be out and we will have Nnamdi but that's no reason to get cocky. Davone Bess can carve up a team in a Welker-like manner. Hartline is also a good receiver, not flashy but can produce. Anthony Fasano is no slouch either, Branch can't screw up too bad this week. Our CB's can't do the usual crap and give up a bad play now and then because we can't afford to fall behind any more. A good pass rush will certainly help out our DB's.

3. WR play
We need Murphy, DHB and Ford to do work. I know neither QB looked very good last week but that isn't an excuse not to show up. Everyone but Ford and Higgins looked bad last week; can't let it happen again. Need to get open, catch and secure the ball. Yes this is a huge request, but we need guys to do it. The QB's will need all the help they can get, especially with Wake breathing down the neck.

Dolphins:

1. Darren McFadden
Contain him and you win. Campbell will make the offense futile if DMC and Bush aren't running well. Bruce will keep both teams in the game.

2. QB pressure
Campbell will at least be ineffective if pressured. If Grad is, you have a decent chance at a turnover. We are susceptible to strip sacks too and Wake vs Veldheer is a favorable matchup for Miami.

3. Use the man scheme against us
Their receivers have the ability to do that to us even without Marshall, and if they scheme right, this could get ugly. Luckily, Henne and Thiggy aren't exactly accurate.

Prediction:
Raiders 21
Dolphins 20

Hope for no injuries to either team.

Squish the Fish!!

ravens_rool28 wrote:
Did somebody mention teens?
RaiderX

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
Young Legend

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need mcfadden to run like mcfaden he is our offense like u said stop bin u win.on defense we need to blitz n take advantage of there injuries on there offense line.
RaidersAreOne

Location: Canada, but don't worry... i'm not one of those damn dirty french.
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Young Legend wrote:
We need mcfadden to run like mcfaden he is our offense like u said stop bin u win.on defense we need to blitz n take advantage of there injuries on there offense line.

+1. See PIT game.

First jersey purchased: Jamarcus Russell.
Second jersey purchased: Rolando McClain.
Next purchases: Every Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos player.
JTagg7754 on the sig.
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaiderX wrote:

This might be the first thing I have ever seen on this forum that has literally made me laugh out loud. I don't even know why, but this is one of the funniest things I've seen in a while.

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
Dat Raider

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of gayfishes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXXV-n9sNF4
bigjohn

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Were playing at home not on the road.
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:24 pm    Post subject: Re: GDT Week 12: Raiders vs Dolphins. Squish the Fish!!! Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:

2. Pass Defense
Marshall may be out and we will have Nnamdi but that's no reason to get cocky. Davone Bess can carve up a team in a Welker-like manner. Hartline is also a good receiver, not flashy but can produce. Anthony Fasano is no slouch either, Branch can't screw up too bad this week. Our CB's can't do the usual crap and give up a bad play now and then because we can't afford to fall behind any more. A good pass rush will certainly help out our DB's.

+1. It seems most games we stop the top WR but will give up a 20+ yard catch or multiple receptions to the teams #2,3,4 guys: Emmanual Sanders, Steve Breaston, Joel Dreesen, Kevin Walter, Patrick Crayton, Josh Morgan, Terrence Copper, and thats just this season. It is very fortunate for us that Marshall is out, but we cannot write off the rest of those guys.

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
LevR85

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

besides everything that has been said above, I would say one of the biggest things that we have to do is, Hue Jackson dialing up good plays, making the right situational calls, and not wasting any drives. It makes me sick when we start a drive with a deep throw, then rush the ball 2 or 3 yards and then attempt a short pass. I know you have to switch it up to keep the opposing D honest but this isn't what we should be doing on the first or second drive of the game.
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adam Schefter reported Raiders are planning on starting Bruce Gradkowski.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another big test for Veldheer. Try your best to block Cameron Wake. 9.5 sacks on the year against a rookie LT whose given up quite a few already in limited action.

Bruce - Give the rock to #20 and take care of the ball.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
coolj247

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

when is bruce campbell going to get a look?? is he RT or RG?
Raiders4sho!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coolj247 wrote:
when is bruce campbell going to get a look?? is he RT or RG?

He is a guard. I would almost rather see loper. Campbell is scaring me'. Also I love that grad is starting. Everything clicks with him.

On another note it looks like the game will be played in my area!! (: salt lake market doesn't get many raiders games but glad we got this one

Comit2Xcelence

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i had high hopes for this game, We are at home. Coming off a ugly loss that we need to rebound from. and miami has its 3rd QB playing.

Now that Buns is starting and we didnt sell out. i can see us for sure losing. we will need a huge game from DMC. and an even bigger game from the defense, defending short field cuz Buns is throwing at least 2 picks and gunna fumble once.

SMH at Tom Cable. GTFOH and go back to coaching the Oline
bigRICH93

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bold predicton: Gradkowski leads us to a convincing win over MIA and shows that he CAN be the man when he beats SD next week. today he throws for two TD's but not many yards due the fact of us giving a heavy dose of our running attack...we win 27 to 10 , gradkowski's stats say otherwise but after today he'll show that he's a good(not great) qb...
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38  Next
Page 1 of 38

Jump to: