Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Laveraneus Coles soon to be released by the Redskins

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hype4bid

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 7:20 pm    Post subject: Laveraneus Coles soon to be released by the Redskins Reply with quote

I read on espn.com that the Redskins will be releasing L.Coles. He is willing to give back some of his signing bonus to become a free agent. Any chance the birds might be interested? He is 27 years old and very fast, good deep threat!
liquid

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be a nice thought, but where are the Eagles going to come up with that type of cap room to sign Coles to what he will probably want.

I don't think it will happen.

The Eagles don't have as much cap room as it would seem. they are down to 12 million after tagging simon and they need to sign their draft picks, current free agents including trotter and tender Westbrook probably at the 1.5 million dollar tender. doesn't leave much room to go after a Coles type player.
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coles will be a cowboy next year.

Thanks Kilty
RainbowCarebear wrote:
Was the dog eating the child?
hype4bid

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard they were 18 million before tagging Simon. But after March 2nd, they will be 28 mil under the Salary cap. This means they have 28 million to sign new FA, keep their own FA, future draftees, and new UFA not drafted. I think if they wanted to sign Coles they can. But its not the birds style to spend all their cap money. But it would be a nice scenario having him lined up with TO.

Coles will be a good fit for the Cowboys: Meyshawn, L.Coles, T.Glenn would be a dangerous trio.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: