Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The true team needs and first round pick
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Will (DT) Ngata be the Bills first pick this year?
yes
63%
 63%  [ 14 ]
no
36%
 36%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 22

BSmithfan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:08 am    Post subject: The true team needs and first round pick Reply with quote

The last dude had it right in my opinion for the most part but a little off...

QB- A late round pick will do for 3rd string or a marginal FA
RB- Shaud Williams added some depth as a change of pace to McGahee, maybe they could use a veteran 3rd stringer
WR- Completely depends on wheather they keep Moulds, which I believe they will at least until his contract runs out next year
TE- They will have Campbell vs. Everett, they are stacked regarding depth, hopefully Everett comes out as a dangerous threat and improves a mediocre starter
O-line- they have to get their Tackles figured out, maybe a 3rd or 4th round pick, possibly second but Krumrie likes to work with later picks over 1st rounders (look at Williams!)

DE- they have good young ends with Denney providing solid depth
DT- Adams will be gone, they have good young guys who can be good complements next to a #1 DT, which opens the door for the FIRST ROUND pick out of Oregon, the mammoth, Haloti Ngata
LB- Very strong, Crowell will challenge Posey for a starting role, in which I believe he'll take over
CB- McGee is superb and they better re-sign Clements to a long-term deal or we have some problems
S- Milloy has another 3-4 good years left in him and Wire would be able to do mthe job behind him, while Vincent, maybe 2 years, perhaps a second rounder at the FS position will be wise

K- I still don't like Lindell but he does his job
P- Moorman is the [inappropriate/removed], sign him to an 8 year deal, punters last 15 years in this league
The Holcombnite

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In all honesty, you guys should take the best tackle available and give Mike Williams some help. The guy is hangning dry out there because the other 4 don't even know how to tie thier shoes.

Every body says McGahee runs left - watch Mike Williams cut from the right to left all the time just to give him help because that side is so incompetant.

As much as the Bills need a stout DT like Ngata or Wight...OT is the only choice there.

STchamp said Tye Hill will go in the first!
February 20th - Canada will never be the same
duignan14

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It takes to long for OT's to develope. The bills arent going to sell tickets by having an offensive tackle on their program. A first year DT might not catch the speed untill later on in the year. Bills will either trade up for D-Brick or they will stick with what they have and hopefully some1 will slip. (personally i think theyll get an olineman out of it and depending on JP they might think about trading for Brady Quinn next year)
twistdprodigy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 5:36 pm    Post subject: needs Reply with quote

LT- hands down.....krummrie is gone, and the oline sucks all around. JP couldn't be a QB behind that line, no one could....bledsoe showed what good protection does for a QB with some talent, now add athleticism......could be dangerous, besides LTs are harder to find than DTs and DTs are usually able to be found in FA or the drafts later rounds. RB a backup that can actually run. WR Moulds might be kept but someone with decent spped and size like Stouval from ND in like the 3rd. DTs, especially big bodied man eating run stuffers like ted washington and pat williams take a few years longer than a LT would to make our oline seem almost average. as for clements trade him or let him walk not worth the money.
twistdprodigy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 6:27 pm    Post subject: needs Reply with quote

the bills need a LT more than anything, the last good LT they had was Will Wolford. They still need oline help. Oline is better drafted than overpaying in free agency. D-Line can be done with a good rotation and capable players. WR needs to be addressed, Parrish is a third wr at best. DB Milloy and Vincent should be let go for youth, they need to be let go in the next 2 years. Clements is not worth the money. He melted down through the second half of the season, and played to the level of competition he played against. LG is a need that might be able to be temporarily filled by M Williams or M Gandy, most likely Gandy as Williams may be a cut which would be a good thing for the bills. If he were to lose 40lbs he might of being capable of playing above average.
PacAttack

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that the Bills need an OL, but this draft is very deep at quality OL's. They should get a gamebreaking DT in the 1st and fill the OL in the 2nd. Ngata is a massive DT and would help shore up the run defense. But if for some odd reason D'Brick slipped, I couldn't blame them for drafting him 1st.

They say that a Griffin is always in beast mode, I didn't realize what that meant until I heard the crack of bone and was eating turf for lunch.
twistdprodigy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 5:43 pm    Post subject: dt vs lt Reply with quote

unless the bills plan on kicking OT Jason Peters over to LT which could be very very possible, I would say that a LT is more important than a dt, however, a good RT or LG could be had easily in the 2nd should jim mcnally see fit that peters play LT this year.........Just as long as in round 1 or 2 they address the need for ol and ol depth, good. They should also make sure they find a replacement for villarial maybe Gandy, or keep gandy as our #6 for 2 years......As for M Williams, I would see if threatening to cut him unless he dropped at least 40lbs gets him motivated enough to do something.......it would at least prove the bills were not the reason he did not succeed when he gets cut, he is not 360, more like 420lbs!!!!
mr_pappagorgio

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 8:35 am    Post subject: Outsider looking in Reply with quote

I'm a Bills fan but from Philly so I may have a different take on the Bills needs than the die hards but here's my two cents. It was clear the Bills need a pressence in the middle to keep the LBs free to make plays so DT is a huge need. However, as long as Nagoti performs well at the combine he will be gone by time the Bills pick so stretching for the next batch at DT would be bad news and I can't see Levy doing that. What I can see him doing is saying McGahee is their bread and butter and unless they can dominate the offensive line the Bills will struggle. With that said I think the Bills address the O-line with one of the first two picks. In the first round, if Nagoti is gone, the Bills will take D'Brackshaw Ferguson if he falls since he is a potential stud and too hard to pass on since it is a big need. Very slim chance they go Eric Winston or Marcus McNeil at OT if Furguson and Nagoti are gone. Even though the D and O lines are a big need there is also depth at those positions in this draft and when the Bills pick there could be several legit studs available at non-critical need positions. Those players being the DE from NC State - Williams, Kiwanuka from BC, AJ Hawk and Michael Huff. Even though the Bills are stacked at LB, Levy knows the impact a beast OLB can have (Benett) and he will not pass on a potential franchise defender. Same with Huff. He is a potential pro-bowler who can play safety or corner. Safety is a big need for the Bills despite the solid play of Vincent and Milloy and Huff would give them long term solution in the secondary. The two DE are also tempting because you can never have too much pressure from the DE position. Honestly I think they will take Kiwanuka.

Second round they can address the lines, probably taking a guy like Giles, the OG from Georgia or one of the OTs left on the board (maybe Winston Justice) Taking OGs that high is rare but Giles could step right in from day one a give the Bills a very good OG to help solidify the middle of the O-line. Again, levy will make sure the O-line is a strenght this year to feature McGahee so expect a few key additions there.

I think the Bills wait until the third round to address the D-line taking either Gabe Watson from Michigan or Bunkley from FSU. Watson is the biggie to plug the middle. Bunkley more of a speed guy to provide pressure up the middle. Since the Bills have two picks at the top of the third they could take both but I see them going for an OT with the second 3rd rounder. Maybe Jeremy Trueblood from BC.

Anyway, with 4 picks in the first three rounds the Bills have alot of options to better the team fast. Best case, Nagoti is there and they get the stud DT they need and can use the next three picks to get the two best OL players left and address the WR and Safety position with the others. But Levy is too smart to pass on defensive guys like Hawk, Williams, etc. or a franchise OT just to fill a need if Nagoti is gone.

Good luck to the Bills in '06'07'.

Oh, and on a side note, unless Levy can mend fences with Moulds and get him to agree to restructure his deal he is gone. Moulds has a huge amount of his contract left on the back end and the Bills would really be better of cutting him to save the cap money and re-signing him but because of the bad blood he will probably just walk. Evans is capable to step in as the #1 and if Everett comes back 100% he is an option from the TE slot. And Reed is still not a total lost cause. They just need to add a 1a or a good #2 via free agency. There are a few guys that could help. Plus, if they get Nagoti in the first they could get a WR with the second of the 3rd rounders or even in the fourth if feel that is a big enough need. Guys like Avant from Michigan and Stovall from Notre Dame will be there and they both have size to be a good complement to the smaller Evans. And if the Hula Bowl means anything, the WR from South Florida looks like a very good mid-round sleeper.
mr_pappagorgio

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:20 am    Post subject: How the cap will affect the Bills picks Reply with quote

Moulds and Williams are gone. Cutting Williams will save 3.5 million dollars. Cutting Moulds would clear out about 5.7 million dollars of cap room. Those two cuts alone would put the Bills about 15 million under the cap. More than enough to fill needs at Safety, WR and OL if not adequetly addressed in the draft. They should really cut Vincent, Posey and Villarial too and get to about 18 million under then if the Bills had the gumption to be the best next year they use the majoity of the cap room to sign Tom Ashworth and David Givens away from NE and add Archuleta at safety to fill three big needs then draft Nagoti at DT (1st round), Bing at Safety or Chad Greenway at OLB (2nd round), and Jeremey Trueblood at OT and Davin Joseph at OG (both 3rd round).

Here are the top ten cap numbers for the Bills in 2006:

Eric Moulds 10,855,666
Mike Williams 10,813,764
Takeo Spikes 6,400,000
London Fletcher 4,900,000
Aaron Schobel 4,566,666
Sam Adams 3,875,000
Terrence McGee 3,875,000
Lawyer Milloy 3,750,000
Troy Vincent 3,225,000
Chris Villarial 3,218,750
Lee Evans 2,280,625
Jeff Posey 2,187,500
dabs21nike

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:43 am    Post subject: Re: How the cap will affect the Bills picks Reply with quote

mr_pappagorgio wrote:
Moulds and Williams are gone. Cutting Williams will save 3.5 million dollars. Cutting Moulds would clear out about 5.7 million dollars of cap room. Those two cuts alone would put the Bills about 15 million under the cap. More than enough to fill needs at Safety, WR and OL if not adequetly addressed in the draft. They should really cut Vincent, Posey and Villarial too and get to about 18 million under then if the Bills had the gumption to be the best next year they use the majoity of the cap room to sign Tom Ashworth and David Givens away from NE and add Archuleta at safety to fill three big needs then draft Nagoti at DT (1st round), Bing at Safety or Chad Greenway at OLB (2nd round), and Jeremey Trueblood at OT and Davin Joseph at OG (both 3rd round).

Cutting Vincent will cost the the Bills just about the same amount in dead cap as it would to keep him here. He'll be here.

Moulds played for Levy and might be willing to resructure again (big maybe) and Williams has already said he will restructure to play LG if the Bills let him. I think one or maybe even both of them will be back.

Posey and Crowell will fight it out fot the starting SLB spot. If Crowell wins, it is very possible that Posey will be cut in Training Camp.

Villarial is a big question mark too. He didn't play very well this year and has taken a lot of criticism. The problem is that the Bills have no one on the roster to replace him if he's cut. I say he stays at least one more year.

On a side note, Trey Teague is a FA at center too and he won't be back. The Bills drafted Duke Preston in the 4th round last year and he looks ready to start. That will save us a little money there too.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:07 pm    Post subject: cuts and draft Reply with quote

Vincent and Milloy should go, Mike Williams would be an ok fit at RG if they were to cut Villarial and keep Gandy use him at LT or LG if you don't draft a LT who can start at LT immediately think about either Gandy or Peters at LT. Either LT or DT should be our first concern.....However during Levy's tenure we always drafted the best player available, and it's looking more and more that we might be using that philosophy again. not the worst scenario, but we need a lot. we have no future at safety or a replacement for Clements which either this offseason or next he's gone. We have no WR help when moulds leaves, and we need OLine help and DLine help. Also LB London Fletcher may be nearing his time's end in Buffalo, sad to let him go, however the bills might be smart to purge the roster now and reap rewards over the next 2-3 years. Trade Fletcher, Moulds, Adams, anyone who's under contract, get picks in this draft or the next, the higher the pick the better. Purge out what we can't afford to keep if we are to build into a youthful team again with talent. I mean an Oline a Dline a QB and 2 real good DBs can make for an awesome team, specially with youthful talent around those positions.
ozzyop33

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

first of all tim krumrie is the d-line coach. second the bills will take ngata with their first pick because the run D was so bad. they shouldnt risk winston becasue he has had knee injuries. i like the tackle from lsu andy whitworth, if the bills were to end up franchising clements and trading him for the first round pick i would like ot see them pick him, he has good feet. but i see them getting ngata because it seems like they are happy with peters at right tackle and working with gandy and anderson over on the left side. thats why they wont take an OT in the first round
smeatbills

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok Troy Vincent will more than likely be a Bill next year as Dabs pointed out the dead cap space and his salary are about the same. Iseriously doubt anyone is going to give us a first for Nate and even if they did we would have to use that pick to replace him and hope the draftee is just as good. Franchise him we have the cap room. As for the draft the Bills have issues everywhere but LB. So if I were them I would just take the BAP at anywhere but RB or LB.
twistdprodigy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 2:28 pm    Post subject: draft Reply with quote

just out of curiousity first are any of you guys actually from buffalo? Cause it doesn't sound like you guys saw the same team that plays here in buffalo with some of the comments about the draft. Tim Krumrie was fired a week before mike mularkey resigned. Jim McNally may be a great OLine coach but not a miracle worker. He rarely has made comments on M Williams, B Anderson, or C Villarial for a reason......He has no faith in his OLine. Ngata would be a great fit if the bills plan on using a man eating tackle, if they decide to become a gap shooting team using the over/under method, well.......Ngata may not have the endurance and quickness to do that all game. Best player available in this draft would probably be a Lineman on either side, the only question is who's playing where before they draft.......good luck on offense miami!!!
ozzyop33

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am from buffalo and i did not know krumrie was gone because i am at school and i dont keep very current. but mcnally is one of the best in the biz but with the talent he is working with he cnat do much. peters is promising but they need a LT and they need one bad. i dont think that scott form texas is a good choice and if they could find a team to take clements (if he is franchised) then taking whitworth with that pick would be stellar. i watched him in the peach bowl and he has great feet. but i would rather see our offense get better than watch 3 and out after 3 and out next year

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: