Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Is Schaub worth Detroit's #2 draft pick?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
smashmouth

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 2:19 pm    Post subject: Is Schaub worth Detroit's #2 draft pick? Reply with quote

Lions fan here asking for your take on Schaub....There's a post in the detroit forum that according to the local station in Detroit, the lions are talking with Atlanta to get Schaub for our 2nd round pick this year. Makes sense on Detroit's side b/c Marinelli knows Schaub and Detroit needs a QB. What's your take on Schaub, Is he a starter in this league?
William_Ohms

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really think if you guys get him for a 2nd RD pick you are getting a steal... I love this guy and hate to see him go but I am afraid he will walk next year because he has the poise and maturity not to mention the talent to run an offence...

07 Recruiting Preview
Updated 12/27
Teams:
Seminoles, Falcons, Braves, Hawks, Thrashers
MadAtFalcons

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scaub is worth a 1ST AND 3RD round pick man. He's a great QB, last season he threw better than vick and it was only his second season. He threw for almost threehundred yards with a 60% completion rating (approxomations) against the pats in his only start. If you waant him then you need to give us some good picks, atleast 1st/4th. But im not Rich Mcay so...

What's a fan to do when his team keeps falling apart?
Try and pick the pieces up of his broken heart?
smashmouth

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schaub definitely is an upgrade over harrington so I hope this is real, but so far it's based on 2nd hand info from another post..You guys could always bring in Marcus to back up his big bro Wink
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1st and 3rd??? 1st and 4th??? The guys backs up the 25thrated passer on a team that wasn't in the playoffs and you honestly think he is worth a 1st AND 3rd round pick??? he maybe worth a 3rd, but just because a player comes in and does well for filling in does not mean he could do it for a consistant basis.

Someone had mentioned this in the DOlphins forum about the Dolphins giving up thier 1st and 3rd for him...I'm hopeing that this is a joke.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dolphins need a QB.

unless Cutler has an awful combine, he's not dropping to 16.

irregardless, i'd rather have Schaub, who's ready to start for the next 7 years, than Cutler.

Schaub has done well when put in difficult situations, with rubbish pass protection and no top receiver. He's got arm strength, accuracy, poise, and decent mobility. He's done enough to show GMs that he can be a good starting QB in the NFL. That's a lot more than Cutler. He's already done the 2 years of sitting. He's ready to go. And if there were no Vick in Atlanta, he'd be starting for us next year. He's worth a mid-1st pick, no doubt. And even if I were the Lions, I'd rather have Schaub than a shot at Cutler at 9.

London branch
MadAtFalcons

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

youre absaloutely right d-rod

scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Is Schaub worth Detroit's #2 draft pick? Reply with quote

smashmouth wrote:
Lions fan here asking for your take on Schaub....There's a post in the detroit forum that according to the local station in Detroit, the lions are talking with Atlanta to get Schaub for our 2nd round pick this year. Makes sense on Detroit's side b/c Marinelli knows Schaub and Detroit needs a QB. What's your take on Schaub, Is he a starter in this league?

it's funny that a rumor started that Atlanta would be willing to part with Schaub for JUST a 2nd rounder is circulating around when it was created by a guy with NO link to the organization.

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
D-Rod

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you should see how it is going down on the dolphins forum.

they like it. much.

London branch
AsianPlayer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he would be worth a second rounder
MadAtFalcons

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hes worth no less than a 1st/5th. he's a great qb, 1st and 3rd, or 1st and 4th would be suitable considering that all 3 QBs down there are no better than 3rd strings.

TheIncomparable

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D-Rod wrote:
dolphins need a QB.

irregardless, i'd rather have Schaub, who's ready to start for the next 7 years, than Cutler.

Schaub has done well when put in difficult situations, with rubbish pass protection and no top receiver. He's got arm strength, accuracy, poise, and decent mobility. He's done enough to show GMs that he can be a good starting QB in the NFL. That's a lot more than Cutler. He's already done the 2 years of sitting. He's ready to go. And if there were no Vick in Atlanta, he'd be starting for us next year. He's worth a mid-1st pick, no doubt. And even if I were the Lions, I'd rather have Schaub than a shot at Cutler at 9.

Not only that, but if we didn't have our 3 time Pro Bowl, 25th ranked passing QB we would all be very excited to have Schaub taking the reigns to our offense. Schaub is going to be a very solid QB in this league and the Dolphins would be a playoff team with him at the helm next year. Let me suggest you take a very good O lineman with that 2nd round pick this year though. Wink

If we're talking Detroit, then a 2nd & 3rd would probably get it done because they're high picks in each round.

Props to Scar for the sweetest sig on the site!
MadAtFalcons

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheIncomparable wrote:
D-Rod wrote:
dolphins need a QB.

Not only that, but if we didn't have our 3 time Pro Bowl, 25th ranked passing QB we would all be very excited to have Schaub taking the reigns to our offense. Schaub is going to be a very solid QB in this league and the Dolphins would be a playoff team with him at the helm next year. Let me suggest you take a very good O lineman with that 2nd round pick this year though. :wink:

If we're talking Detroit, then a 2nd & 3rd would probably get it done because they're high picks in each round.

pwned (excuse the internet slang but no other term to describe that)

ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am shocked to think that you think that hes worth a 1st round pick. The Dolphins went through that experience with Feeley. He did great filling in for McNabb and had all the "promise" to be a great starter. When he came to the Dolphins he looked like a back up at best. Saben will not part with any picks for a QB. Just because a team needs a particular position to be "successful" does not mean the will sacrifce the development of the franchise for that player. By the way even with the Dolphins sad situation at QB they still managed to be a 9-7 team...what were the Falcons with the "great player in football" and a back-up worth a 1st and 3rd?

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViolentMonk71 wrote:
I am shocked to think that you think that hes worth a 1st round pick. The Dolphins went through that experience with Feeley. He did great filling in for McNabb and had all the "promise" to be a great starter. When he came to the Dolphins he looked like a back up at best. Saben will not part with any picks for a QB. Just because a team needs a particular position to be "successful" does not mean the will sacrifce the development of the franchise for that player. By the way even with the Dolphins sad situation at QB they still managed to be a 9-7 team...what were the Falcons with the "great player in football" and a back-up worth a 1st and 3rd?

the Falcons Defense is what caused the collapse of the team. please don't come in here with that weak arguement again. IF the defense could have held the lead that Vick woudl get and the momentum for the team we would have been at least 11-5 again.

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: