Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 11 Raiders vs Steelers Gameday Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RaiderX

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:51 pm    Post subject: Week 11 Raiders vs Steelers Gameday Thread Reply with quote

(5-4)

VS

(6-2)

Keys on Offense
Arrow Get the passing game going with the run. Steelers are a tough team to run on but we must be physical up front.
Arrow Use the blitz against them. Utilize the screen pass with DMC out of the backfield
Arrow RBs need to pick up the Heavy blitz. Oline needs to keep JC upright and get the ball to his receivers.
Arrow Receivers need to get separation. With Ford stepping up and Murphy, Miller and possibly Chaz returning we need to attack their secondary, but avoid dangerous throws near Troy.
Arrow LIMIT PENALTIES!!

Keys on Defense
Arrow Get to Ben and keep him down. Big strong guy that breaks tackles and makes you pay outside the pocket. O Line is bad and we are 2nd in the league in sacks.
Arrow Secondary needs to play strong. If Ben gets free out of the pocket there will be open guys and big plays. Limit Wallace and Miller. Blitz the safeties every now and then.
Arrow Shut down Mendenhall. make them a throwing team and with that O Line pressure the QB.

Win 4 in a row and renew the Rivalry!

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
Elsinore Raider

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we beat them last year behind the big EYEbrow, and we can beat them again! we have to get good play outta campbell, veldheer, and our def line needs to continue to play lights out.

6 and 4 sounds really good to this raider fan
BayArea07

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice writeup X. You summarized the match up perfectly.

Most defenses will eventually get worn down by the 2nd half if you play solid defense and stay committed to the run game. Run DMC should be the biggest staple in the game plan. But I wouldn't be surprised to see the offense air it out a little with Miller, Murphy and possibly Schilens returning against a Steelers defense that plays the run much better then it plays the pass. Aside from Troy, I'm not impressed with their coverage. Ike Taylor showed last season that he could be beaten badly, and I don't think their secondary matches up very well athletically.

Of course the key to being able to pass is picking up their great blitzes well, but they did fine in that area against the Steelers last season, and the protection has only gotten better since then. Jason Campbell needs to be confident, and decisive/quick passing the ball.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great thread and write up. Much better than mine... Crying or Very sad

Dat
pnies20

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys got this. As a Browns fan who has been rooting for you guys on the side, I hope you beat up on the stoolers for us. McFadden for 100 yards Very Happy

<3 JF
Dat Raider

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pnies20 wrote:
You guys got this. As a Browns fan who has been rooting for you guys on the side, I hope you beat up on the stoolers for us. McFadden for 200 yards Very Happy

Fixed. Very Happy
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dat Raider wrote:
pnies20 wrote:
You guys got this. As a Browns fan who has been rooting for you guys on the side, I hope you beat up on the stoolers for us. McFadden for Charles yards Very Happy

Fixed. Very Happy

Fixed again

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
Dat Raider

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
Dat Raider wrote:
pnies20 wrote:
You guys got this. As a Browns fan who has been rooting for you guys on the side, I hope you beat up on the stoolers for us. McFadden for Charles yards Very Happy

Fixed. Very Happy

Fixed again

Do you think it's possible?!?!? Shocked
rodya

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this will be an interesting game. i watched the steelers/bengals, and one thing is for sure. they are EXTREMELY tough to run on. that being said, i like our chances. for one, people say how physical the steelers are, how they hit you, how they beat you up, blah, blah, blah, but guess what. we're PHYSICAL too, baby!! the steelers are going to have a tough time scoring against our defense. our line is going to dominate their offensive line. you watch. the steelers don't score alot of points. they grind out wins by scoring enough and then stopping you. the bengals gave that game away with turnovers.
what we need to do is score early and often. we need explosive plays. if we can keep them honest by running enough, we have the ability to stretch them out and take shots down the field. hopefully, zach miller will be back. he's such a weapon downfield. our receivers have the type of speed that gives the steelers problems. if we can make their linebackers turn and cover, marcel reece can have a HUGE impact on the game. the key is to get up early and do enough to stay there. i don't think it will be a high scoring game, but if we can get into the mid 20's, i really like our chances. c'mon raiders!!! let's get healthy and punch them in the mouth all game!!!
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rodya wrote:
this will be an interesting game. i watched the steelers/bengals, and one thing is for sure. they are EXTREMELY tough to run on. that being said, i like our chances. for one, people say how physical the steelers are, how they hit you, how they beat you up, blah, blah, blah, but guess what. we're PHYSICAL too, baby!! the steelers are going to have a tough time scoring against our defense. our line is going to dominate their offensive line. you watch. the steelers don't score alot of points. they grind out wins by scoring enough and then stopping you. the bengals gave that game away with turnovers.
what we need to do is score early and often. we need explosive plays. if we can keep them honest by running enough, we have the ability to stretch them out and take shots down the field. hopefully, zach miller will be back. he's such a weapon downfield. our receivers have the type of speed that gives the steelers problems. if we can make their linebackers turn and cover, marcel reece can have a HUGE impact on the game. the key is to get up early and do enough to stay there. i don't think it will be a high scoring game, but if we can get into the mid 20's, i really like our chances. c'mon raiders!!! let's get healthy and punch them in the mouth all game!!!

Agreed, if our DL man's up like it should then we should be able to contain their offense since our Dlinemen/LB's are so big and will actually be able to sack Big Ben.

The real key imo is obviously containing their offense and putting up some points. Yep, thats a big duh but to do this I propose that we:

1. Open up the passing game. Use Reece/McFadden at WR, Ford in the slot and do some slightly different things than usual to keep them off guard. We need to do this to keep Polamalu from taking over.

2. Still establish the run, if we can do that then #1 will be much easier.

3. Always have somebody watch Roethlisberger. Can't let him do his play extension too much since we're usually in man.

4. Bend but don't break with Mendenhall

CrapTakula wrote:
Cleveland steamer?

make sure you wash well.
SPaceGhost

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's something I noticed about that Bengals game, and games before that from the Steelers... they like to go deep, and teams that go deep on us have had good success. They have a WR that specializes in that, Mike Wallace, and the dude is pretty fast. We have to keep that dude from making the big play, and Ben is pretty good at going deep. He'll look off safeties to uncover his man, Branch/Huff/Mitchell/Brown have to be careful to not get sucked in. If we keep them from getting the deep ball I have full faith and confidence in our winning this game because they sure won't run on us for much. Keep the turnovers to a minimum and get a couple for ourselves and this is a winable game. Idea
Oaktown

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hue needs to have a real good game plan in line for Pitt.

I think the best thing is to spread Pitt's 34 defense out. If we put more WR's on the field they will be forced to take off LB's with CB's

Screen game should be a huge part of the offense to counter them from blitzing.

On defense the front 4 needs to get after Ben and bring him down. If they can pressure him we can force a few bad balls. We have had luck against him before.
rodya

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SPaceGhost wrote:
Here's something I noticed about that Bengals game, and games before that from the Steelers... they like to go deep, and teams that go deep on us have had good success. They have a WR that specializes in that, Mike Wallace, and the dude is pretty fast. We have to keep that dude from making the big play, and Ben is pretty good at going deep. He'll look off safeties to uncover his man, Branch/Huff/Mitchell/Brown have to be careful to not get sucked in. If we keep them from getting the deep ball I have full faith and confidence in our winning this game because they sure won't run on us for much. Keep the turnovers to a minimum and get a couple for ourselves and this is a winable game. Idea

wallace is the only receiver that scares me. his speed can give us problems, and they do take shots with him. but with santonio holmes gone, he's the only receiver we need to worry about. hines ward is an underneath guy. the steelers are 28th in the league on offense. other than wallace, they are not a quick strike team. they're a solid team, but they're like every other team in the league-beatable
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rodya wrote:
SPaceGhost wrote:

wallace is the only receiver that scares me. his speed can give us problems, and they do take shots with him. but with santonio holmes gone, he's the only receiver we need to worry about. hines ward is an underneath guy. the steelers are 28th in the league on offense. other than wallace, they are not a quick strike team. they're a solid team, but they're like every other team in the league-beatable

yea ive wanted wallace since the senior bowl knew he was gonna ball

but yea is ASO gonna be back?

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
SPaceGhost

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rodya wrote:
SPaceGhost wrote:

Don't forget Randle-El... he may not have the speed he once had, but I'm pretty sure he can run down the field with some speed still.

And you're right, for the first time in years there is no clear-cut top team or teams in the NFL. Except for the bottom-feeders of the first 9 weeks all the other teams have a shot at not only the playoffs but going to the Super Bowl and winning. You have your strong teams, of which the Steelers are one, but they're not unbeatable and don't give off a 'we can't be beat' vibe. Kinda makes one wonder who's going to the SB Question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51  Next
Page 1 of 51

Jump to: