Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Steelers vs. The Pats GDT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sandwiche

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:56 pm    Post subject: Steelers vs. The Pats GDT Reply with quote

VS

When: Sunday 8:20 EST
Where: Heinz Field in da Burgh
Weather: High of 53 with some showers.

Players To Watch:

Steelers:

Lets be honest, Brady knows how to beat the Steelers. His timing is perfect and he gets rid of the ball right when he needs to. The Steelers aren't going to get many sacks and Brady can deal with the pressure. Troy is going to have to have a hell of a game.

Patriots:

Ok, so picking the quarterback is a bit of a cop-out, but the fact of the matter is that the Patriots will lose if Brady doesn't perform. The Steelers need to find some way to knock of his rhythm, sacks, picks, whatever it takes, we need them to occur.

Final Points:

This is an opportunity for the Steelers and the Patriots to establish themselves as the top team in the NFL. The Patriots are quite skilled at picking apart the Steelers so I'm really not predicting a win here.

My Prediction:
Patriots 24
Steelers 20

I'll probably add some more later, I just had a free moment so I thought I'd post a rough draft. Discuss away

takeonme on the sig
greene91fan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some related threads to the GDT:

43's Unofficial NE/PITT Thread

Not liking our chances Thread

For reference.

Thanks Lysar529 for the sig!

"Arguing with some people is like wrestling with a pig in the mud. The more you do it, the more you realize the pig is enjoying it."
greene91fan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW. Nice write up Sandwiche, although I'm hoping the end isn't the result!

"Arguing with some people is like wrestling with a pig in the mud. The more you do it, the more you realize the pig is enjoying it."
RandomHero

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope we break Tom Brady Twisted Evil
greene91fan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RandomHero wrote:

Preach it Random!

Please Commish, don't fine the Steelers for fans wishing ill will on the NFL's golden boy!

steelcurtain29

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RandomHero wrote:

Harrison will get a lifetime ban from the game if he does that.

Nice picture of Brady. I lol'ed at it Laughing
SouthwestSteel

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One factor is that even by his own admission Welker is still not back to his old form, and is still working at trusting his ligaments once again. He has been a Steeler Killer. Also, Brady has never had to face the new and improved version of Timmons before, he really should be a difference maker in both coverage and in pressure. My main concern is how are Bmac and Clark going to do in this game. If they can pick it up and LeBeau has a great plan for the passing game, the Steelers should win. If not, it is going to be dink and dunk all the way down the field almost every NE possesion.
Steelers_Fan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets not forget Tom's Line isn't what it used to be. Its still solid, but before it was a work of art, he could do cartwheels in the pocket if he wanted to.

This game is going to be about which D can overcome its weaknesses (and our OL injuries).
DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you guys win big. Steelers are at home and are better at pretty much every position on the field except some spots on the O Line. Patriots have no big play ability and I don't think their dinking and dunking down the field is going to work against your defense.

Patriots 6, Steelers 20

Free Ray Rice
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im going to this game.

If we lose...I wont be happy at all.

We need this win. Not in terms of record or playoffs, but more to convince me we arent as average of a team as I believe we are right now.
SouthwestSteel

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are many ways in which the Steelers are a far above average team, but the secondary and the OL are such achille's tendons that it pulls the team down the ranks a bit. This team still is above average, but then again part of it is because the NFL as a whole has fewer really good teams this year. And no great teams, so far at least, and I will be surprised if there are any even by the end of the year. If the secondary can pick it up with better focus and a tweaked scheme, and the patchwork OL holds up ok, the Steelers can beat NE, and any other team out there as well. Including the Ravens, Jets, Giants, Saints. Will boil down to which team covers up its weaknesses the best.
stillersenat

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just as a reminder...

There's plenty of .... um... tension between the Steelers and Pats forums. Let's try to stay classy and not antogonize each other. If someone causes problems (Steelers or Pats fans), just let me or SP know and we will handle it. Don't feed any trollish behaviour and please don't cause any trolling.

Any escape might help to smooth the unattractive truth but the suburbs have no charms to soothe the restless dreams of youth
rabbisson

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stillersenat wrote:
Just as a reminder...

There's plenty of .... um... tension between the Steelers and Pats forums. Let's try to stay classy and not antogonize each other. If someone causes problems (Steelers or Pats fans), just let me or SP know and we will handle it. Don't feed any trollish behaviour and please don't cause any trolling.

Same thing in our forum too.

IDK why there's tension anyway, I mean my man Sandwiche picked the best Brady pic out there for his writeup. I approve Wink.

Iggles wrote:
This guy gets it. Seriously, the ideas being espoused here need to get to 88 mph so they can go back to the 1950's.

I'm a cold-blooded dickens.
greene91fan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
I think you guys win big. Steelers are at home and are better at pretty much every position on the field except some spots on the O Line. Patriots have no big play ability and I don't think their dinking and dunking down the field is going to work against your defense.

Patriots 6, Steelers 20

Yes they can, from what I recall there's been a couple of times our defense has been D&D'd to death. We have our weaknesses that have been exposed, and I expect Brady to pick up on that sooner rather than later.

greene91fan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pats Forum GDT

Don't know if anybody cares, if not, that's fine. There was some interesting chatter between Browns and Pats fans in there though.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 1 of 24

Jump to: