Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

TRADE DOWN

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
truebrownsfan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 2:50 pm    Post subject: TRADE DOWN Reply with quote

The only thing i want to see happen in this draft is for the Browns to trade down and stockpile some more picks...trading Warren was a start just wish we coulda gotten at least a third...the players sitting there at 3 that we would want aren't worth the 3rd pick. PLEASE DONT DRAFT A QB NO.1 !!!!! I would like to get Frye or Campbell in round 2. My perfect scenerio would be too trade down into the 12-20 range pick up a second and 5th this year and maybe 2nd next year and draft either Merryman or Barron. What does everyone think about this?
dawgdish

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trading down makes sense to me (although I would want to stay in the top 15 & grab Rolle or Barron), but it doesn't sound like there are alot of willing dance partners out there.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think trading down will be an option as the draft gets closer and teams fall in love with certain players it's just gonna depend on what the niners and miami want to do they could both be looking to trade down also which would kill us....Hopefully someone falls in love with a Ronnie Brown or Edwards cause then they would want to get ahead of Chicagoi.
akrongoblue

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trading down makes the absolute most sense this year. the Browns needs are so many that one player is not gonna make the difference... but a few (and I count Winslow and Jones) high draft picks can be the start of something hopefully special.
LT22

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Problem is there is little reason for teams to trade up. I'd love to move down and get a few extra picks, but I just don't see it happening.
The Holcombnite

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there isnt reason yet becuase we havent seen who the top two guys are. so teams dont know who to value in this years draft until the top teams make their pick. thats why teams like cleveland and chicago are important to the draft..they have the ability to trade once the market place is predicatable

Example: Aaron Rodgers goes to SF and no Alex Smith is no.1 (not in my eyes), some team might be willing to trade their pick simply to obtain the franchise QB.

You just never know until a couple picks are actually made.
MusingsFromBigPink

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 9:40 pm    Post subject: What can Brown do for you? Reply with quote

Quote:
Hopefully someone falls in love with a Ronnie Brown or Edwards cause then they would want to get ahead of Chicagoi.

You put your finger right on it, True. Ronnie Brown is the key. If his stock keeps rising (and I think it will) and he's still there at #3 (possible, depending on MIA) the Brown's will have 15 minutes in the catbird seat, as teams bid to jump in front of the Bears. Could change the whole draft for them.
TheDawgPound72

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the best thing we can do is to trade down to #8 with Arizona, since they will want either Rodgers or Smith at QB, or Ronnie Brown at RB. That way, we can sit back, draft DJ if he's there, and pick between Antrel Rolle or Dan Cody. Plus, we will likely have another 2nd round pick out of this deal.
DaBrowns41

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barron would be a nice compliment to Andruzzi Very Happy
truebrownsfan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barron is who i want now Trade down please LT Barron LG Verba C Faine RG Andruzzi RT Tucker now that is a line we can compete with maybe even Fowler at center because i heard Romeo likes him better than Faine.
DaBrowns41

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like LT Barron LG Faine C Fowler RG Andruzzi RT Tucker better... then have a little depth with a draft pick and Verba
truebrownsfan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You do know that Verba made the ProBowl as a guard with Green Bay and that when we originally signed him as a free agent he was signed to play guard?He will be starting they just picked up his roster bonus and im not so sure Faine can move to guard.
DaBrowns41

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Faine could easily switch to guard.. He's smart enough, and physically able to... But hopefully Verba will do a lot better... If he could just do what he used to do...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: