Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

# 3 pick
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
duke2056

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 2:39 pm    Post subject: # 3 pick Reply with quote

Personally, I say trade it. The reason we're so bad right now is because we've picked in the top 5 like every year since 1999, and those are the draft picks that make ungodly amounts of money. We really need to trade down and get 2 good players for the price it would cost us to get anyone at # 3.
Not one of our first round picks, aside from Jeff Faine, has ever really done anything for us, and the money we're paying for it is killing us. Trade it, get 2 picks out of it.
DaBrowns41

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If... we can get 2 picks out of it... I wouldnt be happy if we got a lower first rounder and then a 3rd or 4th, we would want a first and second....
ForeverCleveland08

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 3:43 pm    Post subject: #3 pick Reply with quote

[b] I say we keep the 3rd pick and use it to pick up Derrick Johnson. It is true that we always picked top 5 players and they are nothing but wastes of money, but I know for a fact K2 wont be and if we get Johnson he wont be either. Besides we're switching our D and none of our linbackers are that good. Sure Thompsons fast but what is there to say about anyone else? We need the top LB and that just so happens to be Johnson. His only true weakness is that hes weak but give him a year in our weight room and Ray Lewis will be jealous. Thats Whats Up[/b]
DaBrowns41

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amen... Someone else likes Johnson, it's about time....
raidendawg2

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 2:33 pm    Post subject: Re: # 3 pick Reply with quote

duke2056 wrote:

Not one of our first round picks, aside from Jeff Faine, has ever really done anything for us, and the money we're paying for it is killing us. Trade it, get 2 picks out of it.

Faine hasn't really done much for us either...

From what I read of an interview with Terrelle Smith, Fowler might take over at C next year and Faine may have to shift to OG.

-Raiden
ditchdigger

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaBrowns41 wrote:
Someone else likes Johnson, it's about time....

I didn't like him for a while because I thought he would make a terrible OLB in the 3-4. He is underweight and weak at the point of attack for the position. He is, however, well suited to play MLB. His coverage skills and lateral pursuit make him ideal for it. Once I had that epiphany, he became my favorite player in the draft. He would be like Ray Lewis, but without all the murder trials and gay dancing.
raidendawg2

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the 80's, the Giants drafted an undersized OLB to play in the 3-4 as well...

His name? LT.

Really, you don't have to be 260 lbs to play OLB in the 3-4, and if Johnson puts on some weight, he should be fine at 240.

-Raiden
ditchdigger

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think DJ is anywhere near as good as LT when it comes to getting to the QB. Back then, the average O-lineman's weight was probably about 40-50 pounds lighter. I think he would be much better playing like Lewis, who also has trouble shedding blocks, but covers the middle of the field better than anyone. As far as the weight goes, back then, the average O-lineman's weight was probably about 40-50 pounds lighter. I think he might be okay outside eventually, but he could have an impact immediately inside.
raidendawg2

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ditch, you're right, he probably could function well on the inside for us.

Ray Lewis was a great linebacker because he had two mammoth tackles (Goose and Adams) eating up blockers for him allowing him to flow to the ball.

We unfortunately don't have that.

-Raiden
lacydog

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey.... I've been on the DJ bandwagon for awhile. I just am not sure we'll be able to get him (Miami might take him).
Here should be our choices at #3

1.DJ
2.Trade
3. Rolle
DaBrowns41

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldnt mind taking a chance at DJ because he is a hard worker, and I think that he could play on the inside or the outside... Unfortunately you cant really compare anyone to LT, he was a freak... I like DJ and I like Rolle a lot, and I would hate to miss out on one of them... They are blue chip players, and I think that they will pull through and also provide us with some leadership...
ForeverCleveland08

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Said DaBrowns41, I too would pick up Rolle if DJ was unavailable. They're the best available Defensive Players in the draft. And we need both postions. I just hate to even think DJ wont be available, but we'll see. 1 more thing i dont know if this really is even a concern amongst others but do you think we would get another miami player because thats what Butch did? Crennels all about change so im wondering if he would pick up a Cane. Thats Whats Up
DaBrowns41

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've thought about that as well... I dont know if he would want to risk taking another Miami player, especially one with a big attitude as Kellen... I think that Kellen is great though... He's a great leader, and I think that is why Rolle is good as well... Also, you can't go wrong with someone playing in the same secondary as Sean Taylor and someone who learned under the likes of Ed Reed..... Rolle is an athlete and I think he could play any of the secondary positions actually.... But If we get a chance at DJ, we better take him, because we can't pass on good talent... How many linebackers are good enough for a Top 5 pick? the last one that comes to mind is Lavar, and look at what he's done... Correct me if I'm wrong though....
LION KING

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Top 5 pick in the Draft only comes to your club u hope once in a blue moon in that case they should make it count.

They have SUggs at rb hes solid they have wrs but none of them are super stars they have a couple scabs at qb.

3rd pick should be Franchise pick period>

1. A Rogers or A smith qbs of the future.

2. B Edwards or Williams wrs both studs.

3. A Rolle shut down coner on every team is a muss.

One of them 3 should be your pick!

I hope for ya its ALEX SMITH!

YEAH I SAID IT FROM DAY ONE I TAKE A P OVER CALVIN !
ditchdigger

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would rather get the clap than Alex Smith.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: