Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Cornerback should come via Free Agency

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kyanho

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 5:44 pm    Post subject: Cornerback should come via Free Agency Reply with quote

NOT THE DRAFT!

Rolle is the only CB worth taking at the 15th spot, but he's not going to be there. You can make your arguement for Jones, but personally I think one of the reasons his stock is going up so fast is his 40 time which translates to a great return man which we don't need. Reports are the kid is only 5'9-5'10, thats pretty small.
Carlos Rogers, whos name comes up all the time, is very much not worth the 15th pick. So many people are caught up in the Thorpe award hype and don't realize that it's not a guarantee that the player will be successful in the NFL. Of the 15 Thorpe award winners, only 6 had/has solid NFL careers. I'm a huge Auburn fan and wouldn't mind seeing him here if we traded down with the Eagles, but certainly not worth of the 15th pick.

Plus, if there's one position in free agency with a surplus of talent, it's the cornerback position.
AngryChiefsFan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shoot, I think we should try to sign two free agent corners. I think we should go after Smoot or Henry and then try to bring in a released vet like Chad Scott as a backup. Say we sign Smoot and Scott. We can move Bartee to safety where I think he is a much better fit.
2TP3

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogers is an awesome CB, a stat I gurantee you dont know about is that this last year he only gave up 18 catches all year long. Theres about 6 or 7 CB that are 1st round talent this year but the draft is so deep at CB, a CB could go #10 and another CB with about the same talent could go in the mid 2nd just because of a bad interview or a bad combine.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: