Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Gameday Thread Week 9: Raiders vs Chiefs
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 61, 62, 63  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:44 am    Post subject: Gameday Thread Week 9: Raiders vs Chiefs Reply with quote

How do we not have a GDT yet? I'm super amped for this game.

Offense

Rush Offense:

Raiders - 2nd
Chiefs - 1st

Pass Offense:
Raiders - 20th
Chiefs - 32nd

Overall:
Raiders - 8th
Chiefs - 12th

Defense
Rush Defense:

Raiders - 26th
Chiefs - 7th

Pass Defense:
Raiders - 5th
Chiefs - 23rd

Overall:
Raiders - 9th
Chiefs - 16th

(NFL.com)

What to watch for:

Raiders:

How will they fare vs the run?
No 2 ways about it, the Chiefs can run the football and do it really friggin well. Obviously, Rush Defense has been something that has plagued us for a while. Will we be able to contain them? Lately, we've been doing well in holding RB's in check especially last week (Didn't we, Marshawn?). However, we have yet to face a really good tandem. Lets face it, we all know Charles could amass an infinite amount of yards at any moment. Assuming he's gonna be nice and play at a fair level, will we be able to stop their running game? If we don't, we could be in for a LONG day. The question is: will we stack the box a lot? If we manage to hold them in check, Cassel doesn't scare me. Especially with our DL rackin' up the sacks.

Are the CB's ready?
I'm gonna say Nnamdi won't play. Shocker, right?. Anyway, I'm looking a CJ especially to match up vs Big Bad Bowe. In the past he's managed to contain Brandon Marshall and has flashed some brilliance. The key will be when we stack the box to contain their backs. Will he be able to contain Bowe one on one?

Offensive Creativity
Well, the Chefs also have a good D. They should and will be expecting us to try and run on them. Hue Jackson needs to capitalize on this with some Witch Doctor Plays. I'm talking about the plays like timely screens, taking deep shots, multiple option plays (think the checkdown to DMC vs Denver), Reverses, Spiltting out DMC & Reece and the like. We need to keep them guessing, hopefully to open up the running game

Chiefs:

Run D
They have a better run defense than us. But we have 2 really good backs of our own who are multidimensional. Bush can shake and bake and McFadden can run with authority. Couple this with the OL playing well lately and some good coaching and this could be interesting if they don't take it seriously enough

Attacking the QB
We are going to need to utilize the pass to set up the run, I think. If they can manage to wreak havoc in the backfield, we know what happens to JC. They need to rough him up pretty bad and bring our OL down to Earth. Helps that Murphy, Miller and Schilens are all probably out.

Ball security
We've been causing some turnovers recently and they cannot afford to cough up the ball because we've also been able to capitalize well. Look for players like Huff to try for the strip and then have Charles be one step ahead of that and break the tackle

X-Factors:

Raiders:

Penalties
The have been killing us. We are clearly the most penalized team in the NFL and it hasn't been a problem the past 2 weeks. KC is better than the last 2 teams we've faced though so we can't afford to just give it away. We need to be smart and avoid those stupid penalties (thats you, Veldheer, DL and DB's)

Chiefs:
Tony Meoaki
I can't say enough about him. He can believe its not butter, swims through land, smells good and can unscramble eggs. On the field we need to watch out for him. Especially with play action, if he's matched up on Ro this could be bad. Both Carlson and the Rams have revealed how to beat him in coverage. Tyvon hasn't exactly been playing lights out coverage either so that will be an interesting matchup also

PREDICTION:
With both teams riding high, emotions should be too. The pick up in ticket sales tells me the Coliseum will be electric. This game means a lot to both teams and each would hate losing. I really think this will be a close one, either going down to the wire or being decided by a big play. I think the Raiders squeak by at home this time though, not by much

Final:
Raiders 24
Chiefs 20

Pumped for this, lets do it up!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know how to feel about this game, I usually have good or bad feelings before games but I've got nothing so far. I guess I'm still not sold on this Raiders team yet. If we win no matter by how much or how ugly then I'll be completely sold. One thing is for sure, can't wait till Sunday.
Totty

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is Moeaki suiting up?

If so we're finished.

First Steve Jobs, Now Al Davis.. God must be building something.
USCRaiderGuy

Location: Los Angeles, CA. Home of the Southern California Trojans
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to ESPN Insider Scouts Inc, they predict a score of KC 20, Oak 19.

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/nflpreview?gameId=301107013

Surprisingly, PickCenter/Accuscore (which computer simulates each game 10,000 times), predicts a score of KC 18, Oak 19

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/pickcenter?providerid=1&gameid=301107013

And one last note, SI.com fantasy projections have the score at KC 17, Oak 20.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/fantasy/football/nfl/player_projections/2010/09/chiefs.raiders.html

And this guy's projections : KC 14, Oakland 27

Ummmm... yeah i dont have a life
hatersgonnahate

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is a hugeeee game for us. it should be a great game...

GO RAIDERS!
big_palooka

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony Moeaki > Jamal Charles > God

How do you beat a team that has 2 players that could punch out God?????

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This game is insanely important. This is essentially our first play-off game since the SB beat down we recieved from the Bucs. If the Nation sells out the stadium (which I heard is nearly done) that will be the biggest boost we have had in a long time. Add this is in with the momentum we have on our side right now.

When watching the games at home vs SD and SEA, the big plays we made caused a loud roar. I cannot imgaine what it will be like with about 30,000 more people.... It's scary to think about it.

Oh and btw....

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playernews.aspx?sport=NFL&filter_teams=KC

Quote:
Dexter McCluster (ankle) was limited in Chiefs practice Wednesday.
The second-round rookie is out indefinitely with a high ankle sprain.

HOWEVER

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playernews.aspx?sport=NFL&filter_teams=KC

Quote:
Chiefs RG Ryan Lilja has resumed practicing in full after missing Week 8 with a hand injury.
Lilja has been one of the top all-around guards in the league this season, and a steal for the $7.5 million over three years the Chiefs paid him last March. His return is good news for Jamaal Charles and Thomas Jones.

DarthDavis

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

S&B88! Props on the thread its one of the best I've seen in a long time. Very Classy.

Don't Sleep on Thomas Jones. There is a reason why he gets his carries, being one of the most consistent RB's in the NFL. I expect Charles to break a couple, but we need to contain Thomas Jones to limit their offense.

Our Defensive line is pretty stout from every angle. We have big guys that can move and get in the backfield. I feel more confident in our defensive line play then any other aspect of this football team. They can dominate a game, I'm really looking forward to seeing what they do to the Chefs.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We better be careful...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ima_boss wrote:
We better be careful...

That's the single best picture ever. Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2010/11/3/1791769/raiders-rb-darren-mcfadden-has-some-chiefs-rb-jamaal-charles-in-him

This proves we are no match.

Can't believe I called Charles the poor man's version of McFadden before the draft. Brick wall

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
latinraiderfan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok to me this game this game will be very dificult , we need to

OUR RUSH DEFENSE

limit charles

Our PAss defense

limit

BOWE

on ofense we need a very good day from jason cambell and the recivers so they cant stack against mcfadden

and the final and most important thing ..THE FANS

please fill the coliseum and suport like we never had in years , the players have to feel they are playing a super important game

lests go raiders!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
holyghost

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaiderX wrote:
http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2010/11/3/1791769/raiders-rb-darren-mcfadden-has-some-chiefs-rb-jamaal-charles-in-him

Can't believe I called Charles the poor man's version of McFadden before the draft. Brick wall

I like the comments. Granted we're no world beaters because we demolished two suspect teams, but they seem to have no recollection of the immense struggle they put up in beating the Bills and Browns. Or the combined 11-27 record of the teams they have beat (Ours is 13-18 ). Or the 9-5 record of the teams they lost to (Ours is 14-16), and the fact that their 2 losses came against the only winning teams they have faced. Can they beat a winning team? We may never know until the playoffs. Their schedule is near comical, we really have to take both from them this year to leapfrog them. They might as well be a Div I college team with that schedule.
At least we have beaten a winning team and a .500 team.

I hope the KC team comes into Oakland as cocky as the fans. Wow.

Last edited by holyghost on Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
holyghost

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best way to limit Charles and Jones is really simple. Just like it worked the last 2 weeks. Get a lead, pour it on as fast as possible.
Modman7777

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holyghost wrote:
RaiderX wrote:

I like the comments. Granted we're no world beaters because we demolished two suspect teams, but they seem to have no recollection of the immense struggle they put up in beating the Bills and Browns. Or the combined 11-27 record of the teams they have beat (Ours is 13-18 ). Or the 9-5 record of the teams they lost to (Ours is 14-16), and the fact that their 2 losses came against the only winning teams they have faced. Can they beat a winning team? We may never know until the playoffs. Their schedule is near comical, we really have to take both from them this year to leapfrog them. They might as well be a Div I college team with that schedule.
At least we have beaten a winning team and a .500 team.

I hope the KC team comes into Oakland as cocky as the fans. Wow.

+1. They have a joke of a schedule, its not even funny.

I'm looking forward to getting some sacks, picks and knockout shots.

-Phil Wheeler

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 61, 62, 63  Next
Page 1 of 63

Jump to: