Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

UDFA QB Phillip Sims impressing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
holeman1

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 12:52 am    Post subject: UDFA QB Phillip Sims impressing Reply with quote

according to Kent Somers, Sims impressed a lot during tryouts could compete with Logan Thomas for QB3.

BA has addressed Sims as a Camp Arm, but if what Somers says is true, then could this mean the Cardinals have found a diamond in the rough?

is this more of a testament to Logan Thomas really not doing well or is it Sims standing out?

I actually really like the Cardinals situation in terms of QBOTF, while there are no locks, there are 3 QBs with solid upside age 26 or younger as well as Drew Stanton.

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have in the past rule out anyone other than Thomas ending up as our QB3, but there has been some interesting things coming out from BA (possibly as a motivational tool to the likes of Logan) that has praised Sims on his ability to pick up the offense quickly, knowing the plays without needing to go back to coaches to confirm details and even changing protections at one stage.

If that is all true then we may have a camp battle to look forward to.

Quote:
I actually really like the Cardinals situation in terms of QBOTF, while there are no locks, there are 3 QBs with solid upside age 26 or younger

As far as this goes. We will have one QB make the roster under the age of 26 and they will be the 3rd QB. I honestly don't think we have a QBOTF on the roster right now. It certainly isn't Logan Thomas.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
Iowa Birdgang

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think we have a QBOTF either.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: