Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 3 GDT: The Stanton Time Edition
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:28 pm    Post subject: Week 3 GDT: The Stanton Time Edition Reply with quote

Reporter: So Bruce, what are your thoughts going into this rivalry game
Bruce: Well we're the only ones who think it's a rivalry. The 9ers have dominated us recently and we have to make it a rivalry
(Close to what he actually said)

Reporter:Calais you've been nearly the entire...
Calais: *Panting*
Reporter:Ummmm, Calais are you ok?
Calais: Yeah, I'm just tired from carry the entire teams pass rush on my back

Drew:How's your shoulder?
Carson: Hang on *Grunts*
Drew: ...
Carson: There! Did it do anything?
Drew: No...
Carson: Just win the game, it's Stanton time

BACKGROUND: The 9ers come into this game after a 28-20 loss at the hands of the Chicago Bears. Kaep completed 21 for 248 yards, threw one touchdowns and three picks. They ran for 127 yards with Kaep and Gore balancing for 63 and 64 yards. Kaep and a Bruce Ellington each fumbled once. Ellington's was recovered, Kaeps was lost. The defense forced one fumble, no interceptions, and Justin Smith recorded the teams lone sack.

Lucky's 3 Keys to Victory:

49ers
-Don't let Ellington into space, he's a dangerous player when in space
-GET AFTER STANTON, he's a back up for a reason rattle him
-Don't try and do too much, when we were at our worst last week was when we would give up 3 yards or so on first and second down and lost our ability to blitz

Cardinals
- Sustain some pressure bringing 4
-Let Stanton roll out, it seemed like he had some success moving to his right
-NO FLY ZONE

Gentleman, this week we face a team that has utterly destroyed us recently. They have brought us to our knees nine of the last ten face offs just to do it again and kick us in the face. If we are going to beat this team we may need to play perfect. Right now we lead the division and we might as well treat the 9ers like they have us recently. Kick 'me while they're down, make them stay there. We all know that we aren't the favorites to win the division, there's the 9ers and the Seahawks. Every win matters and it starts to really kick in this week. Drew Stanton has to manage this game well, Ellington hopefully breaks one, the defense needs to step up. We can't just have one player getting pressure, we need to scare Kaep and shut down the Cardinal Killer himself in Frank Gore. No Michael Crabtree BS from Peterson this week, we need to play flawless because this week is either going to make a statement or a huge letdown.

PREDICTION: Stanton takes a back seat, Ellington goes off. Defense gets average pressure, Kaep throws 2 picks. We get the Dubya 24-13

Now in case You need some help getting pumped up...
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=q7vtWB4owdE

And last but not least LETS GO CARDS!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's see what we have to overcome to win this game:

Starting QB out
2nd string RB out
Starting RB playing through a foot injury
Starting LDE out
2nd string LDE out
Starting MLB out
Starting OLB out
Starting FS coming back from injury, gonna get <10 snaps probably
Starting Punter out

And I still think we pull this out since we're home.

Ellington needs the ball more, carries and catches. Need to stop the run on 1st down. And hopefully VD doesn't play.

El ramster on the sig
LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

11sanchez11 wrote:
Let's see what we have to overcome to win this game:

Starting QB out
2nd string RB out
Starting RB playing through a foot injury
Starting LDE out
2nd string LDE out
Starting MLB out
Starting OLB out
Starting FS coming back from injury, gonna get <10 snaps probably
Starting Punter out

And I still think we pull this out since we're home.

Ellington needs the ball more, carries and catches. Need to stop the run on 1st down. And hopefully VD doesn't play.

Arians preaches it:Next man up

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not saying that any of these injuries could be avoided. But I do miss John Lott

sig made by mike23md
mtdowner

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been hearing San Fran fans are going to make a big effort to come out to U of P Stadium this Sunday.

Man that bugs me. When I'm the owner of the Cards, I'm sending opposing team's fans away Twisted Evil
LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mtdowner wrote:
Been hearing San Fran fans are going to make a big effort to come out to U of P Stadium this Sunday.

Man that bugs me. When I'm the owner of the Cards, I'm sending opposing team's fans away Twisted Evil

I'd pull a Seattle and not make tickets available to the state of California

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I saw we're wearing the black jerseys.

El ramster on the sig
LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

11sanchez11 wrote:
I think I saw we're wearing the black jerseys.

This is true

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LuckyNumber11 wrote:
mtdowner wrote:

I didn't know that. That's awesome. Hate Seattle but I respect that.

Too bad the Bidwell's don't care who they're selling tickets to as long as they're selling tickets.

Edit: And I've been to a game is Seattle. Was harassed like crazy wearing my Adrian Wilson jersey. But that stadium was sooo loud. And the entire crowd stands when Seattle is on defense and yells like crazy.

Would be awesome if we could get that type of spirit in AZ. Don't know if any AZ posters made it to any of the 2009 playoff games on our road to the Super Bowl. But the AZ crowd was standing on D for every home game. It was sweet.
LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mtdowner wrote:
LuckyNumber11 wrote:
mtdowner wrote:

Too bad the Bidwell's don't care who they're selling tickets to as long as they're selling tickets.

Edit: And I've been to a game is Seattle. Was harassed like crazy wearing my Adrian Wilson jersey. But that stadium was sooo loud. And the entire crowd stands when Seattle is on defense and yells like crazy.

Would be awesome if we could get that type of spirit in AZ. Don't know if any AZ posters made it to any of the 2009 playoff games on our road to the Super Bowl. But the AZ crowd was standing on D for every home game. It was sweet.

I was reading something last week about how there was a poll amongst players (I think) and we were voted the most underrated home field advantage in the league

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LuckyNumber11 wrote:
mtdowner wrote:
LuckyNumber11 wrote:
mtdowner wrote:

I was reading something last week about how there was a poll amongst players (I think) and we were voted the most underrated home field advantage in the league

Yeah, no question we can get loud. I know we're up there in number of opposing team false starts at home. But most AZ fans really only stand on third downs. Not saying it's all that of a bad thing. I was really big into standing when I was a little younger. But I can understand how fans might want to just sit and enjoy the game. The Seattle fans are just more intense.

But there are games where there is a large percentage of opposing fans and that's what bothers me. I remember a Cowboys game 5-6 years back and it seemed like it was 50/50 AZ/DAL fans. The stadium would get loud when DAL made a big play. Absolutely hated it.
holeman1

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the key here is the passing games for both teams, the run games can only do so much for these two teams considering both are at least top-10 in the run-defense category. Peterson needs to re-establish himself against Crabtree and Cromartie has a very equal matchup against another physical man (Boldin), however, if the two corners don't show up the party, Kaep needs to take advantage on the edges and show he can come up big time without Vernon.

same goes with the Cardinals, Stanton looked okish against the Giants, but hopefully he shook all his rust out like what Ginn did. either way, this secondary we are facing is weakened, and Fitz, Floyd, and the speeders Brown/Ginn should find themselves against favorable matchups on the edges. if Stanton can make the right choices and the O-line can keep him alive, he could have a good game.

John Brown, Rookie WR, Arizona Cardinals
2014 NFL Season Stat Tracker:
17 REC, 197 YDS, 11.6 AVR, 3 TD
Ataal

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck and hoping for no injuries, Cardinals fans. I actually live in Phoenix. I can see the stadium from my back patio.

I went to the Cardinals home game versus the Niners in 2012 when Alex Smith was still the starting quarterback. I actually couldn't believe how many Niners fans were in the stadium. It seemed to be just as loud when we scored or something than when the Cardinals did. Nearly everyone in the stands were wearing red, so it was hard to get a decent count, but I'd say it was probably around 40% Niners fans there. Pretty crazy. Seems like our fans are making more of an effort to make the road games. We loaded up the Cowboys' stadium pretty well in week 1.

Anyway, if Vernon Davis isn't playing, expect a run-heavy game with a lot of focus on Crabtree and Boldin. I expect to see our fullback, Bruce Miller, get some catches, too. That seems to be our go-to play when Vernon is out. Why we never run 3-4 WR sets, I have no idea. We finally have the personnel to do it.

Should be a good game.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@AZCardinals: #AZCardinals Inactives:

3 Palmer
9 Zastudil
52 Butler
56 Carson
57 Okafor
66 Ta'amu
84 Housler

[MORE] http://t.co/ILGJpRaiw1

#SFvsAZ

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@49ers: #49ers inactives: WR Patton, CB Brock, C Martin, T Davis, TE Davis, TE McDonald and DT Carradine.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: