Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

This Ain't Cardinals Talk!!!!!!!! The Ask Anything Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 48, 49, 50 ... 55, 56, 57  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/1708-E-Impala-Ave_Mesa_AZ_85204_M16931-42165

You can see the street name in the link there DRC. That anywhere near you?

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
DJ_Fka

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

$130k ?

Man I could buy the whole street.

Agreed, does look nice
DJ_Fka

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder: yes there is min wage in OZ, actually pretty high

If you are an accountant, even just a grad with no experience, you get over $30k first year out, plus super of 9%
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJ_Fka wrote:
khodder: yes there is min wage in OZ, actually pretty high

If you are an accountant, even just a grad with no experience, you get over $30k first year out, plus super of 9%

Well technically I am not an accountant, though I do have a degree in Accounting and Commercial Law, no jobs here though so have spent the last 2 1/2 years working in AR.

DJ_Fka

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Righto, OZ job market is pretty ok atm

Though you would have to factor in the cost of the move etc.

www.seek.com.au

check out perth as you have family there, sponge off them
DRC29 INT

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/1708-E-Impala-Ave_Mesa_AZ_85204_M16931-42165

You can see the street name in the link there DRC. That anywhere near you?

Like 15 mins north of me.

You can find better in Gilbert & Chandler. A lot of Cardinals players live in Gilbert (south of 202 part); Jay Feely lives by the Seville at the bottom of the map I posted below, the rest live a little west like Dockett, Boldin did, McNabb does, etc. Basically anything around the 202 freeway is newer/nicer.
(marker is that house you linked)
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly though, the fact that you can get a 5 Br 2 Ba house with a pool on 6000 sq feet in a good area for 150k amazes me.

That is going to cost you upwards of 500k in NZ.

khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/3648-E-Andre-Ave_Gilbert_AZ_85298_M10321-03469

I want that.

DJ_Fka

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

or $800k in OZ.

though to be said house prices in OZ are highest in the world.
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJ_Fka wrote:
or $800k in OZ.

though to be said house prices in OZ are highest in the world.

500k was a low estimate. Biggest worry with going to the US would be getting a green card and a job. Might just have to marry one of the locals. Anyone got a Sister/Cousin/Daughter who is of age and might like a Kiwi?

DJ_Fka

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

biggest question is, could you have khodder as a brother in law?
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJ_Fka wrote:
biggest question is, could you have khodder as a brother in law?

That is the easy part. Getting the sister to like me, there is the hard part.

SuperFlyTNT

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
DJ_Fka wrote:
To change the topic a little, what cities are worthwhile to invest in the USA atm?

I have clients wanting to buy property over there and I cannot reasonable advice as to where to point them.

I have been told great places like Detroit or Flint Michigan, now I am not an idiot, so give me good places people and reasons why.

All to be rentals btw.

From what I can see there are a lot of cheap good looking properties in the Phoenix area. I have no idea, so maybe someone on here can give us some insight in to som the areas such as;

Peoria, Surprise, Sun City, Glendale

Those nice area's??

So, I moved out of Phoenix 2 years ago because I wanted to get out of the heat - a year later I wanted to move back because I missed family, going into the office (I work from home now), etc.. Well, in that year the market bottomed out and it has started coming back quite a bit. Prices are up at least 20% off of the bottom.

There's a lot of investors looking to buy in Phoenix from up north - especially around here (Pacific NW) because Phoenix is really nice when it is terrible up here and real estate there is still relatively cheap. A lot of those investors are also Canadian btw - not sure about Aussies and Kiwis though.

So some quick tips for buying a place in Phoenix:

There are many good areas and lousy areas right next to each other - I'd want to be in an area with at least a couple mile buffer from any bad area.

Pay attention to schools even if they don't affect you they will affect resale value a lot.

People have to drive a long way to commute to work if you're out too far - Phoenix is a very spread out city.

Mountains are a very nice thing to have around like I mentioned - also golf courses.

Build quality on a lot of places built during the big boom years is suspect IMO - doesn't mean those houses are all garbage, I'd just make sure to have good inspections done.

Notes on places:

Surprise and Litchfield Park are decent values - schools are OK, if you can get closer to the white tank mountains the value is probably a bit better.

Goodyear and places around the Estrella mountains are way out there - can be some decent places out there though. There's even places near Wickenburg with people commuting though - people put up with the drive if they like to be out of the city.

Peoria / Happy Valley / Arrowhead (northwest Glendale) - decent areas, schools are decent - some mountains around happy valley. IMO this is the best area to live in the west valley.

Laveen and other areas on the north side of the south mountains and areas around the UoP stadium can be decent but schools aren't good and they're too close to lousy areas IMO. Stay away from areas south of I-10 and up north into Maryvale and the core of south Phoenix - which are the worst areas in the valley.

Downtown Phoenix is a mixed bag - you've got to visit the building and make sure it's a newer place. Schools there also aren't good - so it's only an investment for urban style people.

North central Phoenix is very nice - although it's pretty close to some lousy areas like Sunnyslope - anywhere too close to Cave Creek road in Phoenix is a question mark IMO. Stay east of 19th Avenue in north central Phoenix, btw.

Moon valley is nice in north Phoenix - but again is close to some lousy areas (19th ave.). The Bell corridor is also just OK between I-17 and the 51. North of the 101 is nice up to Anthem except right around the Deer valley industrial areas.

Cave Creek, Desert Ridge, North Scottsdale, and Carefree are some of the best areas in the valley. You're going to pay in those places though.

I used to live in Paradise Valley - the valley, not the little town - centered around Paradise Valley mall. I liked the area quite a bit - schools vary here, very good ones as you go east - mostly east of Tatum.

Paradise valley the town is not attainable - almost all a million dollars plus.

Central Scottsdale is nice - pretty pricey still though because it's an urban style place. South scottsdale actually isn't all that nice.

Camelback corridor and Arcadia are very nice areas - you don't want to get too far south in those areas though, anywhere near Mcdowell and you've gone too far south. Definitely stay away from areas near the airport.

Central Tempe is university town - some OK schools, older houses, but good investment opportunities because you can rent to students.

South Tempe (Card's training facilities are there) and Ahwatukee are great IMO - good schools, the mountains, close to Tempe and the airport - just stay a decent distance away from Guadalupe.

South chandler is a good value IMO - next to growing work areas, good schools, etc. - just not close to any mountains though. Stay away from central / old Chandler.

On Mesa - areas around the fringe of Mesa tend to be nice, any area near the core of Mesa is not good. I lived near the railroad tracks at Southern and Country Club for a year (near MCC) - not a nice area. Areas way out near the mountains in the north east and near chandler in the south can be good though.

Gilbert is a really good value although it's a bit far. Good schools - plenty of good investment places there. I don't think I'd want to go any further east or south - Queen Creek can be OK but is really far, and don't bother with Apache Junction or the other retirement areas around it.

There you go - I'm sure I missed / glossed over some places but got the majority.
SuperFlyTNT

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/3648-E-Andre-Ave_Gilbert_AZ_85298_M10321-03469

I want that.

Yeah - that's a decent area - pretty far, but pretty nice - decent schools. That's definitely a family area. Every listing you've given is a short sale though - those can be a pain (depending on the bank, people, etc...).
SuperFlyTNT

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/15767-N-165th-Ln_Surprise_AZ_85388_M27414-63209

I mean that place looks real nice, especially for that tiny price, but the pictures were taken nearly three years ago, It could be a dump site right now.

Place looks decent - although I forgot to mention people in Phoenix prefer single story places because the upstairs always ends up hotter.

That area is pretty close to the 303 - which isn't a full freeway yet, but will be.

That other single level place you listed in Mesa looked like it was in an OK but not a great area. A bit too close to the 60/superstition freeway.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 48, 49, 50 ... 55, 56, 57  Next
Page 49 of 57

Jump to: