Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

This Ain't Cardinals Talk!!!!!!!! The Ask Anything Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 55, 56, 57  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
khodder


Moderator - MVP
Joined: 19 Dec 2005
Posts: 50730
Location: New New York
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:
khodder wrote:
1 - Why
2 - Fair enough.


He might not even be top 3 in the division...


1 - This is a strong corner division
2 - He is very much in a battle for the top spot with Richard Sherman. Neither have as well rounded a game as Finnegan, but Finnegan is a slot corner, who struggles when bigger corners ignore his niggling tacitcs. Struggled with Andre Johnson a lot over the years.
3 - None of the 49ers CB's are as good as Sherman/Peterson.
4 - Peterson is at worst the 2nd best CB in the division.
_________________

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
DirtyDez


Joined: 15 Oct 2010
Posts: 12157
Location: the Arizona desert
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
khodder wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:
1 - Why
2 - Fair enough.


He might not even be top 3 in the division...


1 - This is a strong corner division
2 - He is very much in a battle for the top spot with Richard Sherman. Neither have as well rounded a game as Finnegan, but Finnegan is a slot corner, who struggles when bigger corners ignore his niggling tacitcs. Struggled with Andre Johnson a lot over the years.
3 - None of the 49ers CB's are as good as Sherman/Peterson.
4 - Peterson is at worst the 2nd best CB in the division.


You're forgetting Brandon Browner. He was outstanding last year but I haven't watched him much this season.
_________________

The Rebuild Has Begun...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
khodder


Moderator - MVP
Joined: 19 Dec 2005
Posts: 50730
Location: New New York
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:
khodder wrote:
khodder wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:
1 - Why
2 - Fair enough.


He might not even be top 3 in the division...


1 - This is a strong corner division
2 - He is very much in a battle for the top spot with Richard Sherman. Neither have as well rounded a game as Finnegan, but Finnegan is a slot corner, who struggles when bigger corners ignore his niggling tacitcs. Struggled with Andre Johnson a lot over the years.
3 - None of the 49ers CB's are as good as Sherman/Peterson.
4 - Peterson is at worst the 2nd best CB in the division.


You're forgetting Brandon Browner. He was outstanding last year but I haven't watched him much this season.


Not forgetting, just know that he can be beat, even last seaon he got beat a fair amount. He is a good ball player and is very good at making plays on the football, but as a pure cover man he struggles at times.
_________________

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
#1CARDSFAN


Joined: 18 Jan 2006
Posts: 23284
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Call me crazy but if I had to pick between the 3 of them TODAY I would still take PP. This defense has improved leaps and bounds since he has been here. I don't believe that's a coincidence. Sacks are a sexy stat but I would like to see how these guys do against the run and how their all round game is. I know Aldon Smith and Von Miller were pulled in running situations last season.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HighMotorGuy


Joined: 17 Sep 2012
Posts: 575
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i hope patrick peterson is not the levi brown of the 2011 draft aka that guy stuck between the future hall of famers
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DirtyDez


Joined: 15 Oct 2010
Posts: 12157
Location: the Arizona desert
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elite pass rusher vs elite corner is always a good argument. It's like DeMarcus Ware vs Darrelle Revis. There isn't a wrong answer... However, PP is far from elite and Miller/Smith are dominant in their second season so I'd go with them. My answer could be different in 2 years.
_________________

The Rebuild Has Begun...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stchamp98


Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

Joined: 11 Apr 2005
Posts: 52979
Location: Havre, Montana
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:
Elite pass rusher vs elite corner is always a good argument. It's like DeMarcus Ware vs Darrelle Revis. There isn't a wrong answer... However, PP is far from elite and Miller/Smith are dominant in their second season so I'd go with them. My answer could be different in 2 years.


Bolded: I disagree.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
#1CARDSFAN


Joined: 18 Jan 2006
Posts: 23284
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:
Elite pass rusher vs elite corner is always a good argument. It's like DeMarcus Ware vs Darrelle Revis. There isn't a wrong answer... However, PP is far from elite and Miller/Smith are dominant in their second season so I'd go with them. My answer could be different in 2 years.

I think he is considered elite. He has had some rough games no doubt but all ways round, even with being left on an island he has been top notch.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DirtyDez


Joined: 15 Oct 2010
Posts: 12157
Location: the Arizona desert
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:
Elite pass rusher vs elite corner is always a good argument. It's like DeMarcus Ware vs Darrelle Revis. There isn't a wrong answer... However, PP is far from elite and Miller/Smith are dominant in their second season so I'd go with them. My answer could be different in 2 years.


Bolded: I disagree.


Corner play has gone downhill because of the rules and offenses throwing 40 times a game. The only corner i'd consider truly elite in today's NFL is Revis. Nobody else is close IMO.
_________________

The Rebuild Has Begun...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stchamp98


Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

Joined: 11 Apr 2005
Posts: 52979
Location: Havre, Montana
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:
Elite pass rusher vs elite corner is always a good argument. It's like DeMarcus Ware vs Darrelle Revis. There isn't a wrong answer... However, PP is far from elite and Miller/Smith are dominant in their second season so I'd go with them. My answer could be different in 2 years.


Bolded: I disagree.


Corner play has gone downhill because of the rules and offenses throwing 40 times a game. The only corner i'd consider truly elite in today's NFL is Revis. Nobody else is close IMO.


Once again, I disagree.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DirtyDez


Joined: 15 Oct 2010
Posts: 12157
Location: the Arizona desert
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is not a worse place for a receiver than Revis Island. He's so far ahead of the pack there's no clear #2. I'm all ears if you think there is. Certainly not Scrabble anymore...
_________________

The Rebuild Has Begun...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
younggun1273


Joined: 14 Jan 2007
Posts: 7210
Location: Tempe
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:
There is not a worse place for a receiver than Revis Island. He's so far ahead of the pack there's no clear #2. I'm all ears if you think there is. Certainly not Scrabble anymore...


One could make an argument that Brent Grimes is the 2nd best.

This doesn't matter though now that Revis tore his ACL. He is going to have to re-establish himself as the premier shutdown corner in the NFL.
_________________

Justo on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DirtyDez


Joined: 15 Oct 2010
Posts: 12157
Location: the Arizona desert
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

younggun1273 wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:
There is not a worse place for a receiver than Revis Island. He's so far ahead of the pack there's no clear #2. I'm all ears if you think there is. Certainly not Scrabble anymore...


One could make an argument that Brent Grimes is the 2nd best.

This doesn't matter though now that Revis tore his ACL. He is going to have to re-establish himself as the premier shutdown corner in the NFL.


That's my point. There's no clear #2... ACL tears aren't what they used to be. Luckily for him it was early in the season.
_________________

The Rebuild Has Begun...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
khodder


Moderator - MVP
Joined: 19 Dec 2005
Posts: 50730
Location: New New York
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I have seen this year there are three corners playing a notch above every other corner in coverage this season and only two of those guys are matching up consistently with #1 receivers. Those two are Richard Sherman and Patrick Peterson. Tim Jennings is having an outstanding year in coverage, but is not getting the tough matchups that have been seen by the other two.
_________________

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
younggun1273


Joined: 14 Jan 2007
Posts: 7210
Location: Tempe
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:
younggun1273 wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:
There is not a worse place for a receiver than Revis Island. He's so far ahead of the pack there's no clear #2. I'm all ears if you think there is. Certainly not Scrabble anymore...


One could make an argument that Brent Grimes is the 2nd best.

This doesn't matter though now that Revis tore his ACL. He is going to have to re-establish himself as the premier shutdown corner in the NFL.


That's my point. There's no clear #2... ACL tears aren't what they used to be. Luckily for him it was early in the season.


Don't expect the same Revis in 2013. Revis Island will be closed. By 2014 he could be back, but for a position that relies heavily on being able to make quick reads and cuts, he'll have his work cut out to get back to pre-injury form. This opens up the discussion for the best corner in the game right now.
_________________

Justo on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 55, 56, 57  Next
Page 41 of 57

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group