Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT Week 8- Steelers (5-1) at Saints (4-3) Sunday Night
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Result will be...
Steelers by 1-3
12%
 12%  [ 4 ]
Saints by 1-3
6%
 6%  [ 2 ]
Steelers by 4-7
21%
 21%  [ 7 ]
Saints by 4-7
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Steelers by 8-14
15%
 15%  [ 5 ]
Saints by 8-14
18%
 18%  [ 6 ]
Steelers by 15 or more
9%
 9%  [ 3 ]
Saints by 15 or more
12%
 12%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 32

SWATcha

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This has the potential to be that one game of the year the Saints absolutely destroy someone because everyone picks against them. Happens every year at least once.

With the way the Saints are playing however, this game also has the potential to go all wrong real fast. Brees has such a hard time against 3-4 defenses it seems, and Lebeau is tops in the league for D-Coordinators in my book. With both starting CBs most likely out still, Big Ben might have a field day.

Bush might be back, but I think him and Payton both will be gunshy about getting that leg hurt again, so he may be a non-factor other than decoy duty.

Has all the makings of a great game. If you Steeler guys get bored of actually talking football, go ahead and stop by the Saints gameday thread, so much win in our thread this week Very Happy We gotta make ourselves feel good somehow!

Good luck fellas.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I already put some "Win" on the first page Wink

2013 Adopt-A-Saint
TE Jimmy Graham-86 rec, 1215 yds, 16 TDs
WR Kenny Still-34 rec, 641 yds, 5 TDs
panda51988

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for that picture raves, its beautiful! i have a thing for squirrels. Drool how'd you know?

but really, those girls are great, they could use less body paint Cool but thanks for that!
Raves

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

panda51988 wrote:
thanks for that picture raves, its beautiful! i have a thing for squirrels. Drool how'd you know?

but really, those girls are great, they could use less body paint Cool but thanks for that!

You know I'm still trying to decide if those are actually panties or not...

2013 Adopt-A-Saint
TE Jimmy Graham-86 rec, 1215 yds, 16 TDs
WR Kenny Still-34 rec, 641 yds, 5 TDs
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raves wrote:
I already put some "Win" on the first page Wink

You need to remove that pic... it is against webbys rules when it comes to posting pics. Women need to be "wearing" a top and a bottom... an actual top and a bottom.

Please remove it.

thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
jt21

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Steelers win BIG, with a game similar to the Saints-Cowboys game a year ago.

Brees and the Saints O typically struggle with 3-4 defenses. Even against the Browns and Cardinals defenses, neither of which are even remotely as good as the Pitt D, Brees looked rattled, the offensive line was completely confused in their blocking assignments much of the time.

Bush didn't practice today, so he's probably unlikely to play, and Pierre is definitely out. Ladell Betts has directly led to 3 turnovers in the last 3 games and is simply not on the same page with Brees. Outside of the Tampa game against an incredibly weak defensive line, the Saints Oline has been getting manhandled. Against the #1 ranked run defense of Pitt, I don't see the Saints being able to establish any balance, especially without Bush, which means Brees will be forced to drop back and air it out 30-40+ times, which is going to lead to tipped balls and interceptions.

I don't foresee the injury to Aaron Smith making much of an impact. Hood and whoever else plays in his spot will hold their own against a struggling Saints front.

For the Steelers offensively, Big Ben will have 2 games under his belt and is going against a secondary missing potentially the top 3 corners. Porter and Gay are definitely out, Greer did not practice yet again today, so he is likely looking at a combination of rookie Patrick Robinson, Leigh Torrence, and Malcolm Jenkins, which heavily favors Pitt. Up front, the Saints front four has failed to generate much pressure, with the two DE's Will Smith and Alex Brown being extremely disappointing. I think profootballfocus had the stat but I believe the two have combined for only around 20 or 30 quarterback pressures on the season, which is less than some players get by themselves in ONE game.

The Saints have played ONE offense ranked in the top half of the league in Atlanta, and were largely gashed, especially in the run game. Overall they have fared well against the likes of Max Hall, Jimmy Clausen, and Colt McCoy. Big Ben is in a completely different class, and this will be a massive test for the Saints D. I think the Saints will struggle to pressure Ben, giving him tons of time in the pocket and he will be able to pick the banged up secondary apart. While Robinson has held his own as a rookie, if Malcolm Jenkins is indeed forced to slide over from safety to the other corner spot again, I see the Steelers taking advantage and hitting Mike Wallace for at least one big touchdown.

The Steelers are also the best run offense the Saints have faced since Atlanta. When that game mattered, Turner and Snelling completely gashed the Saints D. I think the Saints defensive rankings are greatly inflated due to playing teams like the Panthers, Browns, and Cardinals and the Steelers, with the aid of turnovers will take advantage for 30+ points.

One key stat, particularly since Brees has typically struggled mightily against the 3-4 defense: Since joining the Saints in 2006, Brees has thrown an interception or lost a fumble in approximately 38 games. Of those games, 22 of them were multiple-turnover games by Brees: that means that when Brees turns it over in a game, he has a GREATER THAN 50% CHANCE to turn it over again. This season, Brees has turned the ball over in 4 games, 3 of which involved Brees throwing 2+ interceptions.

Saints have played, especially offensively, only played 1 good game this season against Tampa. With Bush likely out, I don't see them turning it around against the best defense in the league. On the other side, Big Ben will be playing his 3rd game against a defense that is banged up in the secondary and has only been tested in one or 2 games this season. After playing Miami a week ago, I think Big Ben will pick apart the Saints D and have a big game.

Somewhat pessimistic, but mostly realistic prediction: Steelers win 31-10. This will be the toughest defense the Saints have played all season, and maybe even in 2 years, dating back to the Jets game a year ago. I think they will be lucky to break 10 points. While the Saints have struggled against a top 3 easy schedule, the Steelers have played teams like the Dolphins, Ravens, and Titans and come away 5-1. They are going to dominate and show that they are the Super Bowl favorites through 8 games.
pnies20

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raves wrote:
Well after the Browns GDT and their awesomeness we decided to do the same in ours and I bring you all an offering of peace, and manly oogling.

*pic removed* so sad

You can borrow a pic of Brady Quinn if you want Laughing

<3 JF
greene91fan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jt21 wrote:

I don't foresee the injury to Aaron Smith making much of an impact. Hood and whoever else plays in his spot will hold their own against a struggling Saints front.

I don't care who we're playing, Aaron Smith is debatably the best 3-4 DE at the point of attack in the league. Struggling or not, IMO you cannot underestimate the Saints at this point in the ground game with Smith out.

Thanks Lysar529 for the sig!

"Arguing with some people is like wrestling with a pig in the mud. The more you do it, the more you realize the pig is enjoying it."
Rockice_8

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a fan of either team actually but I watch PIT games cause my roommate is one.

I think the Saints can hang in this one. If PIT has one weakness it's against very good passing teams. I guess it all depends on which Saints show up though.

Big Ben is always good for a bonehead play if you can pressure him so that will be key.

With that said PIT wins a close one 27-24. Behind a late Health Miller TD.
stillersenat

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rockice_8 wrote:
Not a fan of either team actually but I watch PIT games cause my roommate is one.

I think the Saints can hang in this one. If PIT has one weakness it's against very good passing teams. I guess it all depends on which Saints show up though.

Big Ben is always good for a bonehead play if you can pressure him so that will be key.

With that said PIT wins a close one 27-24. Behind a late Health Miller TD.

I think there are few other things that Ben is good for in a game which will be key. Wink

CaptainParker wrote:

Bubby outplayed Elway in everything....
waffles7

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rockice_8 wrote:

Yea and Brees is capable of some bonehead INTs Cool

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tough game to predict. Which Saints team will show up?

The Steelers are always ready for national games, but going to the Superdome at night...

I cannot see the Steelers winning big. Any other outcome seems possible to me.
steelcurtain29

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madden sim says 23-19 Steeler win!

http://maddennfl.easports.com/news.action?newsId=wk8sims
stefan52268

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.nfl.com/videos/pittsburgh-steelers/09000d5d81bb083e/Happy-Pola-ween

Here's a Halloween treat for all you kiddies out there!!!

Props to Lyasr529 on the sweet sig!
stillersenat

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Vegas has the Steelers as a 1 point favorite.

CaptainParker wrote:

Bubby outplayed Elway in everything....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 2 of 12

Jump to: