Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Coles wants out, and he could be released!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
up da gut

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My bad brain fart. Keyshawn was in Tampa. Wayne was still there which took the pressure off Coles. He just can't make it as a #1 receiver. No one can make you catch balls. Sore finger or Toe he must go.
riggensghost

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be fair to LC he could have made this a lot worse. Instead of blasting the redskins in the press and demanding a trade, he opened up wis wallet and said in private to management that he is willing to pay back the unused portion of his signing bonus so that here is no cap ramifications.

Retaining him, at least for one more year is a priority. His cap number jumps into the high six millions next year (2005 is only 3 and change)
It would take a miracle to trade him and survive cap hell, his trade would neccesitate multiple cuts.

Keep Coles for one more year, pick up Mike Williams in the draft, lets give Jacobs or McCants some playing time and see which one wants to step up into a starting role.
sootedpair

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riggo, that sounds that the best plan to me. Now let's keep our fingers crossed and hope that Dan and Joe come up with the same thing.

I wonder if we could trade Coles to the Pats for Pioli.
up da gut

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FAIR is renigociating your contract to help your team fill spots to become a playoff team. He doing the redskins such a big favor. we lost a draft pick to him already. BLAST OFF TO THE MEDIA about what, he robbed us. The reason we are looking to get a #1 receiver is because he was not producing. He has a lagging injury and refuses to have surgery. That looks realy attracting to other teams in regards to a trade.( And why do people think Mike Williams will still be around at the 9th pick)
sootedpair

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Williams probably won't fall to us if Moss ends up with the Raiders.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writers/don_banks/02/23/moss/index.html
e16bball

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought Williams wouldnt be available either with this new trade, but then I thought about it a bit more. The Vikes would probably die to get Derrick Johnson, and I think there is a fairly decent chance he will be there when they pick. They could then select Williamson or Clayton with the 18th pick and still get a good WR and dominant LB. There really arent any OLBs worth the 18th pick, but there are some pretty decent WRs there, so they may opt to fill their gaping OLB hole first.
WhySkins

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree about DJ, i really think they could go for him, or maybe pac man. if Dj's gone though, they could very well pick whichever receiver is left, which isn't good for us.
TrueRedskin05

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 6:35 pm    Post subject: see this Reply with quote

i say if we could giv coles and the 9th pick for chicagos 4th or giv mccants coles and the 9th for maybe the 3rd because the browns might go for edwards for williams so if we want 1 of them we should do 1 of those deals
elkton_redskinsfan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 11:06 am    Post subject: redskins are in trouble anyways Reply with quote

you can sloely place the blame on who else? Snyder. i saw this coming a mile away. he's constant buying and over paying certain players. now where in a pickle with our 2 wrs wanting out where stuck. gardner is seeking a trade and at best will get a 2nd round draft pk. most likely the best case senerio w/ coles is try to negociate, but we might have to release him (to save cap room). with this draft comin up we might not get williams or braylon. due to da bears needin a wr and the moss trade to oakland, which vyks get the 7th pk (if the trade happens). we might have to get williamson. not that i dont like him its just braylon or williams is better. now to get a good wr in the free agency and resign players as well as sign our own the need to restructure contracts with the following players: samuels, burnell (or release that'll be a plus), and wynn. they could stand 2 release some players as well like: ray brown (hopefully retires), morton, barrow, and maybe some others.
CowboyChris

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you guys are screwed either way - just let him go - he said he would waive the $5 million bonus payout if he is released to seek employment with the team of his choice - at least you will save some cash which you could use to replace him -
e16bball

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really see how we are screwed by keeping him around. And if we release him, it will still cost us money, so its not really like we would be using any money to replace him.
Dogs of war

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

e16bball wrote:
I don't really see how we are screwed by keeping him around. And if we release him, it will still cost us money, so its not really like we would be using any money to replace him.

Why would you want someone on your team that doesn't to be there.
Do you actually think he will give his all when out on the field?
He will have a major chip on his shoulder if he is a Redskin next season.

Good luck with that one.
up da gut

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Playing with a chip on his shoulder will only affect his stock in the nfl. He's just a little upset he's being demoted to 2nd wr. You know(Dog) like when the manager a Mc Donalds took you off the register and put you on fries. Just a little joke Dog. LOL
Dogs of war

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

up da gut wrote:
Playing with a chip on his shoulder will only affect his stock in the nfl. He's just a little upset he's being demoted to 2nd wr. You know(Dog) like when the manager a Mc Donalds took you off the register and put you on fries. Just a little joke Dog. LOL

Your a pretty funny guy Laughing
Your boy there will not be running crisp routes, will not go over the middle of the field and streach those arms for that hard catch.
WashingtonRedskins

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 3:03 pm    Post subject: Keep Coles as bait Reply with quote

I dont care what it takes, we need Mike or Braylon, prefferably. Even if we have a bad draft and still end up with either 2, it'll be deffinately worth it. Everything was in tact last year-defense, QB, RB, plus we found a guy like chris cooley. the only thing we need now is a big time WR, the FA wont do us any good, plax is old and has attitude, and everyone else is average. Its time to start young and fresh with a big time WR. Thats why keeping coles as bait with also some late draft picks will be the only way to get one of the big 2.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: