Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GameDay Thread Week 7: Raiders @ Broncos
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 53, 54, 55  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Totty

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:35 pm    Post subject: GameDay Thread Week 7: Raiders @ Broncos Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
@

Week 7: Oakland Raiders vs. Denver Broncos
4:15 PM ET, October 24, 2010
Invesco Field at Mile High, Denver, CO
CBS

Match up:
Oakland Raiders (2-4, 0-3 Away, 2nd in AFC West)
Wins: HOME vs. St. Louis Rams, HOME vs. San Diego Chargers
Losses: AWAY vs. Tennessee Titans, HOME vs. Arizona Cardinals, AWAY vs. Houston Texans, AWAY vs. San Fransisco 49ers

Denver Broncos (2-4, 1-2 Home, 2nd in AFC West)
Wins: HOME vs. Seattle Seahawks, AWAY vs. Tennessee Titans
Losses: AWAY vs. Jacksonville Jaguars, HOME vs. Indianapolis Colts, AWAY vs. Baltimore Ravens, HOME vs. New York Jets

Key Match ups:

1. Broncos Offense vs. Raiders Defense:

~ Broncos offense is statistically in the top-5 of the NFL. Raiders defense statistically is about top-15 of the NFL. The key match up here is obviously the Broncos WR vs. the Raiders secondary. Going to be exciting to watch.

2. Broncos rush-defense vs. Raiders rush-offense:

~ This is an obvious. Aside from the Ravens game where Baltimore rushed for over 200 on the ground, the Broncos defense has been able to shut down the opponent rushers. Top running backs in the NFL have not reached 100 yards against the Broncos (Jones-Drew, Chris Johnson and LT). This should be interesting to watch because Raiders have been very ineffective in the passing game this year. I expect this to be the key to the game. If Denver can force (whoever is starting at QB) to throw and shut down Bush or DMC, this can be a fun game to watch.

Key Player Match ups:

1. Nnamdi Asomugha vs. Brandon Lloyd

~ Lloyd has not had a problem yet this season getting open. Hes been productive and very reliable for Kyle Orton. Kyle Orton has had no fear throwing to Lloyd in tight areas and I expect this to continue. However, Asomugha is arguably the best CB in the NFL. Should be exciting.

2. Zach Miller vs. Mario Haggan

~ Miller has been everything you can ask for at the TE position the past 2 seasons. Hes a very good receiving TE and has been productive this season thus far. Im more concerned if Bruce Gradkowski starts mainly because I think Jason Campbell is about as good as Jamarcus Russell, without the #1 tag looming. Mario Haggan is arguably the worst OLB in coverage on the Broncos team. Last week, Dustin Keller ripped Haggan apart. Numerous times i saw Haggan get burned by Keller and im interested to see how Miller will do.

Prediction:

The Raiders just came off an exciting win over the Chargers at Home. Chargers have been and elite team in the NFL the past couple years and anytime you can beat that caliber of team at home you feel good moving forward. However, Oakland has not won a game yet on the road this season and Denver is not ready to allow that streak to break. Coming off a tough defeat from the Jets, the Broncos are playing good football on both sides of the field. If they can put points on the board in the Red Zone this game will an easy win. I believe that will.
P.S. Watch out for my boy Tebow! again in this game. I have a feeling we will be seeing him just as much this week.

Oakland Raiders- 13
Denver Broncos- 27

This is the prediction in the Broncos forum. What does everyone in here think?

First Steve Jobs, Now Al Davis.. God must be building something.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surprised that there was no mention of SF at the end.

I think we come out swinging and do well on the first drive through the air. Some sort of score. After that we will have trouble sustaining drives and will get behind. Eventually we'll catch up and hang with them then something will go horribly wrong in the 4th quarter (ST coverage, offensive turnover or long run given up) and it will snowball into a much worse score.

Denver 24
Oakland 10

Professor Oak wrote:
Don't listen to the naysayers, S&B88.

SoS is in fact French. I've frenched his toast a couple of times. I think I would know.
xTriGGa510

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:42 pm    Post subject: Re: GameDay Thread Week 7: Raiders @ Broncos Reply with quote

Totty wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
@

Week 7: Oakland Raiders vs. Denver Broncos
4:15 PM ET, October 24, 2010
Invesco Field at Mile High, Denver, CO
CBS

Match up:
Oakland Raiders (2-4, 0-3 Away, 2nd in AFC West)
Wins: HOME vs. St. Louis Rams, HOME vs. San Diego Chargers
Losses: AWAY vs. Tennessee Titans, HOME vs. Arizona Cardinals, AWAY vs. Houston Texans, AWAY vs. San Fransisco 49ers

Denver Broncos (2-4, 1-2 Home, 2nd in AFC West)
Wins: HOME vs. Seattle Seahawks, AWAY vs. Tennessee Titans
Losses: AWAY vs. Jacksonville Jaguars, HOME vs. Indianapolis Colts, AWAY vs. Baltimore Ravens, HOME vs. New York Jets

Key Match ups:

1. Broncos Offense vs. Raiders Defense:

~ Broncos offense is statistically in the top-5 of the NFL. Raiders defense statistically is about top-15 of the NFL. The key match up here is obviously the Broncos WR vs. the Raiders secondary. Going to be exciting to watch.

2. Broncos rush-defense vs. Raiders rush-offense:

~ This is an obvious. Aside from the Ravens game where Baltimore rushed for over 200 on the ground, the Broncos defense has been able to shut down the opponent rushers. Top running backs in the NFL have not reached 100 yards against the Broncos (Jones-Drew, Chris Johnson and LT). This should be interesting to watch because Raiders have been very ineffective in the passing game this year. I expect this to be the key to the game. If Denver can force (whoever is starting at QB) to throw and shut down Bush or DMC, this can be a fun game to watch.

Key Player Match ups:

1. Nnamdi Asomugha vs. Brandon Lloyd

~ Lloyd has not had a problem yet this season getting open. Hes been productive and very reliable for Kyle Orton. Kyle Orton has had no fear throwing to Lloyd in tight areas and I expect this to continue. However, Asomugha is arguably the best CB in the NFL. Should be exciting.

2. Zach Miller vs. Mario Haggan

~ Miller has been everything you can ask for at the TE position the past 2 seasons. Hes a very good receiving TE and has been productive this season thus far. Im more concerned if Bruce Gradkowski starts mainly because I think Jason Campbell is about as good as Jamarcus Russell, without the #1 tag looming. Mario Haggan is arguably the worst OLB in coverage on the Broncos team. Last week, Dustin Keller ripped Haggan apart. Numerous times i saw Haggan get burned by Keller and im interested to see how Miller will do.

Prediction:

The Raiders just came off an exciting win over the Chargers at Home. Chargers have been and elite team in the NFL the past couple years and anytime you can beat that caliber of team at home you feel good moving forward. However, Oakland has not won a game yet on the road this season and Denver is not ready to allow that streak to break. Coming off a tough defeat from the Jets, the Broncos are playing good football on both sides of the field. If they can put points on the board in the Red Zone this game will an easy win. I believe that will.
P.S. Watch out for my boy Tebow! again in this game. I have a feeling we will be seeing him just as much this week.

Oakland Raiders- 13
Denver Broncos- 27

This is the prediction in the Broncos forum. What does everyone in here think?

First off, Brandon Lloyd V. Nnamdi Asomugha should be exciting? Are they high? I think Raiders are able to win this one, it's going to be a close game. It is gut check time for the Raiders and I have a feeling we're going to step up to the challenge.
LivingLegendWFC

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just dont like the way this team came out last week. We had a chance to have our best start in 7 years and we blew it. We were lethargic, undisciplined, and overall just outplayed. Until this team proves otherwise we cant expect them to bounce back and get a huge win.

I expect Zach Miller to have a big game.

McFadden will likely be back in the line up and he will be a huge part of the game plan I would imagine.

Our QB play is probably going to be bad with either Campbell or Boller starting, so lets hope we can run the ball early and often to control tempo and t.o.p.

Their going to be able to pick us apart in the passing game. Our safeties are fooled way to easily, and are prone to giving up big pass plays. If you have Brandon Loyd on your fantasy team, make sure you start him. They will work the middle against our awkward LBs and that will open up the deep game later on.

For us to win this game we need to cause turnovers, score TDs when the opportunity is there, jump on them early, and have success with the run game. The only thing that gives me hope for this team is the division rival aspect. These games are always close for the most part, and if we can jump on them early maybe we can steal a win on the road.

I really lost faith after that terrible performance last week, but maybe this team will prove me wrong.

Broncos: 24
Raiders: 12

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rotoworld.com wrote:
Rookie Jared Veldheer appears to have taken the left tackle job from Mario Henderson.

The two have been splitting reps during games, but Veldheer is dominating the workload in this week's practice

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=5829

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Mike Mitchell will come blasting on a blitz from the blindside and send Orton into dreamland. From there, Tebow will come in and get picked off 5 times, 2 of those returned for TDs. Up by 2 scores, Lechler will enter the game at QB and punt the ball whenever our sorry [inappropriate/removed] oline is letting a donkey blitzer come thru untouched, because that's much safer than letting one of our "real" QBs throw a wild pass right into the arms of a defender. As a result, we will win the field position battle and that should be enough for us to get the W.
Nissan240sx

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow all you guys think we are going to lose? cmon guys! 17-14 Oakland. hopefully....

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rotoworld.com wrote:
Coach Tom Cable revealed that rookie LB Travis Goethel underwent back surgery "not-so-recently".

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=5948

Glad to see that they hope to have him back next week.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we win, it will be in spite of Jason Campbell, which is why no one should be feeling confident about winning. Hopefully our defense can keep us in it, and we can establish the run.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BayArea07 wrote:
If we win, it will be in spite of Jason Campbell, which is why no one should be feeling confident about winning. Hopefully our defense can keep us in it, and we can establish the run.

Eh, I think if we've got McFadden back and he gets 20+ touches, we'll be in good shape.

Edit: looks like you don't have to worry about that BA07, Boller looks to be starting per JerryMcd. Laughing

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Also, my short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Heart of Oak

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Key on offense is the ability to run the ball. We can't outgun the Broncos with Campbell under center (IMO). If we can run the ball well, control the clock and most importantly punch those drives into the end zone we will be in good shape.

Keys on defense are to kill their run game early and then knock the living hell out of Orton.

Can we do that? I don't know.
BayArea07

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickButera wrote:
BayArea07 wrote:

Eh, I think if we've got McFadden back and he gets 20+ touches, we'll be in good shape.

Edit: looks like you don't have to worry about that BA07, Boller looks to be starting per JerryMcd. Laughing

He can't perform much worse then Campbell did last week, so that gives me some optimism, although I think everyone will find out that he struggles with much of the same problems. The thing I like about Boller is that he's not as indecisive and won't hesitate to throw the ball down field. That might result in some turnovers, but you can't win if you're not trying. Had Jason Campbell been playing against the Broncos last week instead of the 49ers, we would have gotten blown out.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like Kyle Boller is going to get the start. Confused Well he can't play much worse than JC did last week. If we are going to win, it will have to be by running the ball like we did last year. Bush and DMC (hopefully he plays) will both have to have good days, we have to control the clock and keep their offense off the field.

On defense, we have to get pressure on Orton or he is going to pick us apart. If we sit back in man coverage with our four man rush, you better believe Orton is going to throw for 300+ yards. Last year, we blitzed Orton and were able to somewhat get him out of his rhythm.
raidr4life

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its about time Veldheer got the LT job from that bum Henderson this is a guy who knew his job was on the line and was horrible we will be better in the long run.
raidr4life

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raidr4life wrote:
Its about time Veldheer got the LT job from that bum Henderson this is a guy who knew his job was on the line and was horrible we will be better in the long run.
And its probably because they found out they couldnt get a cheeseburger for Henderson in a trade.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 53, 54, 55  Next
Page 1 of 55

Jump to: