You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Darryl Tapp

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kingmatt1212

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 1:40 pm    Post subject: Darryl Tapp Reply with quote

Do you think he will still be on the board when we pick in the second round? And if he is do you think we will take him? He looked amazing in the Senior Bowl.
Yo_Its_T.O.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I expect his stock to take a dive after the combine because of small measurables. He is listed at 6'1" and I believe that many teams will shy away from him and he could even be on the board in the 3rd round.

Thanks EAtotheGLE
Phreak

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yo_Its_T.O. wrote:
I expect his stock to take a dive after the combine because of small measurables. He is listed at 6'1" and I believe that many teams will shy away from him and he could even be on the board in the 3rd round.

I agree. As the draft gets closer, the bigger, better athletes get noticed more, and their stock sky rockets. Whereas smaller, lesser athlete's stock will drop if they have poor combines and workouts. Tapp is small and isn't a great athlete, his stock will drop when draft day rolls around. There is a good chance that he will fall to us in the 3rd round.

Depending on what we do in free agency and in the first 2 rounds depends on whether or not we will draft Tapp, but I know I would love to have him.

I've been telling everybody that if you just give me a chance to put the ball in my hands, I can get the job done. - Brian Westbrook
elwayfan07

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darryl Tapp will be there in the second round, and he will be a STEAL. He has top 15 talent, but since the NFL is so concerned with measurables he will not go in the first. He has the speed to fly past bif tackles and the powoer to bullrush smaller tackles. His two biggest games this year came against Jeremy Trueblood and D'Brickashaw Fergeson. He made D-Brick look like garbage and D-Brick is far and away the best tackle in the Draft. Can Tapp get some love please
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Yo_Its_T.O.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elwayfan07 wrote:
Darryl Tapp will be there in the second round, and he will be a STEAL. He has top 15 talent, but since the NFL is so concerned with measurables he will not go in the first. He has the speed to fly past bif tackles and the powoer to bullrush smaller tackles. His two biggest games this year came against Jeremy Trueblood and D'Brickashaw Fergeson. He made D-Brick look like garbage and D-Brick is far and away the best tackle in the Draft. Can Tapp get some love please

Everyone here thinks he is great but the fact he is 6'1" 265 lbs almost guarantees most NFL scouts will think he can't play at a por-level.

Thanks EAtotheGLE
elwayfan07

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yo_Its_T.O. wrote:
elwayfan07 wrote:

Everyone here thinks he is great but the fact he is 6'1" 265 lbs almost guarantees most NFL scouts will think he can't play at a por-level.

You are right, He will not get much love, but he can play at a pro level and I just hope we pick him up. He is a mirror image of Dwight Freeney.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Iggles

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we already have a good speed DE in Trent Cole. We could use a bigger DE who's better against the run. Tapp in round 3 would be good value, though. The DE I'm more impressed with is Tamba Hali. Talk about domination at the Senior Bowl.
mth5579

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 5:16 pm    Post subject: Tapp Reply with quote

I have to agree that Tapp is a big time talent but his size will make his stock drop on draft day. I see Tapp as a perfect OLB for a 3-4 defense and he won't be there in the second roud. I have a feeling the Jets will grap him in the 2nd round if he is still on the board. The Jets are going to let Abraham go because they are in too much CAP trouble to sign a DE to play the OLB in the 3-4. I think the Eagles will look to address DE in the FA market knowing that Cole show promise.
blazehound

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont see tapp being around in round 3, esspecially at the eagles pick.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: