Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT Week 7 -Pittsburgh Steelers (4-1) @ Miami Dolphins (3-2)
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coleman397

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:01 pm    Post subject: GDT Week 7 -Pittsburgh Steelers (4-1) @ Miami Dolphins (3-2) Reply with quote

Pittsburgh Steelers (4-1)

@

Miami Dolphins (3-2)

Sun Life Stadium

Game Preview
Full Article - http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Steelers-take-on-Dolphins-in-Miami/74512a8a-1852-43a1-b1a7-97aeadc5fc30

Quote:
Series History: Series began in 1971

Overall: Pittsburgh leads 11-9

At Pittsburgh: Pittsburgh leads 6-2

At Miami: Miami leads 7-5

Neutral Sites: n/a

Last Regular-Season Meeting: Jan. 3, 2010 (in Miami)

Pittsburgh 30, Miami 24

Postseason Series: Miami leads 2-1

(postseason record not included in overall series record)

The Steelers lead the all-time series 11-9, but the Dolphins hold a 7-5 advantage in Miami...Pittsburgh won the most recent matchup between the two teams, 30-24, on Jan. 3, 2010 (2009 season finale)...Pittsburgh has won two straight on the road in the series...Pittsburgh won the previous game between these two in Miami, 13-3, on Sept. 26, 2004, a game which saw QB Ben Roethlisberger complete 12-of-22 passes for 163 yards with one touchdown and one interception in his first NFL start...Pittsburgh has won four straight games in the series and five of the past six...the Steelers are 5-2 in their past seven trips to Miami...overall, the Steelers have won nine of the last 12 games in the series

Players to Watch

Miami Wide Receivers

I think the trio of Miami Dolphin WRs are very underrated. Everyone knows Brandon Marshall, but Devon Bess and Brian Hartline are slowly, but surely, making a name for themselves in the NFL. Their stats aren't pretty but they are reliable hands that seem to make key third down conversions and timely big plays. Bess and Hartline are exactly the WRs I fear when going up against our secondary. I feel more comfortable with the likes of Randy Moss or top name WRs instead of these no-namers who are willing to work hard and sit in our soft zones to catch a ball and get blasted with a big hit.

I'm not saying these WRs are guaranteed to have succes, but it wouldn't shock me if the unit made a name for themselves this Sunday. It's definitely something I'll be watching.

Ben Roethlisberger

It's the NFL's Week 7 and it's going to be highlighted by the Steelers franchise QB... #7. I think I speak for all of us that we are glad to see Ben back under center for the Pittsburgh Steelers. He's reliable and it makes a lot of us diehard fans a lot more calm when seeing a 3rd and 7 as opposed to Dixon, Batch, and Leftwich.

I'm expecting a big game out of Ben. All of the jitters will be out of his system and this will be the first true road test since the incident. I'm expecting the fans to harp on him but that's where our QB thrives. He'll make a statement one way or another - that's for sure.

Final Thoughts...

I'll keep this short and sweet. The main discussion around the football world is player safety. I don't think there is a single soul out there who doesn't want to see these guys safe. The dilemma is that this is a very violent sport and we are trying to pick and choose what to make safe. There will always be heavy hits and it's very difficult within the speed of the game to stop from making that hit. So what is/isn't allowed? How is a player supposed to make that decision in a split second? How can we make these guys stop getting injured week in/week out? I don't think any of us the answers to those questions, but someone sure as heck needs to. It's no where near as painful to watch a penalty ruin a game, as it is watching a young man lie motionless on the ground... but where is the line drawn?

As I said, I want to see player safety, but we really have to find the line where violent hits are acceptable and part of the game while doing the right thing for the players as well. They always have, and always will be a part of this amazing sport. I'm not really sure we will ever find that line, but it would be nice to have some clarity as what players are supposed to do in these split second decisions.

Last edited by coleman397 on Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:56 pm; edited 4 times in total
miamisteeler

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't wait till Sunday! Will be there!!!
AlanFanecaFan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

James Harrison should lay out Brandon Marshall on a crossing route, run over to the sideline, pull out a bag of fake $$$ and make it rain on the field.....

Gunny Highway wrote:
Ed Reed coughs real hard and his other testicle descends and he admits Hines Ward has far more grit than he does
steelcurtain29

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlanFanecaFan wrote:
James Harrison should lay out Brandon Marshall on a crossing route, run over to the sideline, pull out a bag of fake $$$ and make it rain on the field.....

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

He'll get fined for the hit and a celebration then.

The least Goodell could do is at donate all these fines for this month to Breast Cancer Awareness or something... but nooooo......

What a despicable person. Evil or Very Mad
bbelan2343

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlanFanecaFan wrote:

Laughing
Morons at the dollar store are selling dinosaurs for a buck

Let's go Pirates!!
stefan52268

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlanFanecaFan wrote:

Lol all though I d rather see him do it to ochocinco but that would b sweet.

Props to Lyasr529 on the sweet sig!
12Clutch7

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, we'll see if James retires before this game. Hope it's a good game otherwise..
bpastermack

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlanFanecaFan wrote:

Good luck with that. He plays bigger than most TE's in the NFL. I've seen defenders take complete blindside shots at him as he is laying out for a pass and somehow the defender ends up taking the brunt of the hit.

That would actually be pretty funny though if he threw some fake money after a big hit. Maybe y'all should get Steeler fans everywhere to chip in $10 each if he'll do it.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

12Clutch7 wrote:
Well, we'll see if James retires before this game. Hope it's a good game otherwise..

Rolling Eyes

gopherwrestler makes sigs I wanna make sweet love to
12Clutch7

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MOSteelers56 wrote:
12Clutch7 wrote:

Rolling Eyes

You act like there's no possibility of it happening. I'm not that naive.
MOSteelers56

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

12Clutch7 wrote:
MOSteelers56 wrote:
12Clutch7 wrote:

Rolling Eyes

Actually man, at first I didn't believe you but I hadn't heard all the facts. So I guess I'll just say I should have looked into it more before I replied to your posts all [inappropriate/removed].

gopherwrestler makes sigs I wanna make sweet love to
12Clutch7

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MOSteelers56 wrote:
12Clutch7 wrote:
MOSteelers56 wrote:
12Clutch7 wrote:

Rolling Eyes

Actually man, at first I didn't believe you but I hadn't heard all the facts. So I guess I'll just say I should have looked into it more before I replied to your posts all [inappropriate/removed].

I don't post garbage topics just to stir the pot, this board isn't the place for that. You want that, you can go to CBS lol.

I don't think he does retire, but I am thinking he's greatly pissed off.
jebrick

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fun little stat from CHFF

Quote:
The Cold, Hard Football Facts: Steelers LB James Harrison has forced 23 fumbles since breaking into the starting lineup in 2007; the entire Dolphins defense has managed to force only eight more (31) over the same span

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
panda51988

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't see him quitting either, but anything is possible.

i just think he is going to take his anger to this game, not that its the players fault, but he seems like he is the type to take it out on the field. and i would be happy to see an angry(well angrier) silverback, at least i think. i don't want anybody seriously injured.

and didn't they just change the stadiums name last year? whats going on in Miami! maybe the jersey shore has ruined their brains! Laughing
jebrick

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see the league calling the plays closer for the next 4-6 weeks and tailing off for the playoffs. The Refs need to have clinics with the player on what will be called and what will not.

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 1 of 19

Jump to: