Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Where's all the REAL Buc fans???
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
manilathrilla1

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 2:42 am    Post subject: Where's all the REAL Buc fans??? Reply with quote

Do we forget that we won our Superbowl ring with defense, one of the best defenses of all-time. And most of the Buc fans here want offense after we spent last years first pick on offense and most of our free-agent money on O, and we haven't drafted defense in the 1st since booger mcfarland, damn near 6 years ago. WHERE OUR ALL THE DEFENSIVE BUC FANS, THE ONES THAT WANT ANOTHER RING! I want a dynasty just like the pats, who else?
manilathrilla1

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1999- Booger McFarland
2000- traded 2 1st rounders for Keyshawn
2001- Kenyatta Walker
2002- Gruden (offense)
2003- Gruden
2004- Michael Clayton
2005- ?

Gotta go wit Derrick Johnson, or trade down.
stevethepirate22

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think if derricks there we definitely have to pick him... or mike williams... i know thats offense but the man is just a stud and with our current qb situation.. we need every weapon we can have.
rushpacker_56

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Derrick won't be there after pick 3 (Crennel). Plus, if Miami gets a RB in FA, they will drfat Johnson.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dallas Cowboys
1988 Michael Irvin
1989 Troy Aikman
1990 Emmitt Smith

1993 Super Bowl
1994 Super Bowl
1996 Super Bowl

Offense can work too.
wquez7

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevethepirate22 wrote:
i think if derricks there we definitely have to pick him... or mike williams... i know thats offense but the man is just a stud and with our current qb situation.. we need every weapon we can have.

I agree if we are going with Simms he needs all the help he can get. We are going to start needing some young talent on D since we have so many veterns.

I would like to see a breakdown of how much money we spend on our O and D if anyone knows.
manilathrilla1

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tdfast wrote:
Dallas Cowboys
1988 Michael Irvin
1989 Troy Aikman
1990 Emmitt Smith

1993 Super Bowl
1994 Super Bowl
1996 Super Bowl

Offense can work too.

Pre-salary cap era!!! times have changed my friend.
thats like saying we want to be the Colts
Manning, Harrison, Edge, no defense.

So, for everyone who wants Offense, when do we get Kiffin some new toys? when Derrick Brooks is gone and can't be a mentor?..when our defensive studs are all gone? when?
Kcrazy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a big defense fan. I am a big Buccaneers fan. I wanted D.J. Williams last year but I'm very happy with Clayton. Now Johnson a great player but we need a running back or another wide reciever. Ronnie Brwon is the best fit for our draft plus their is more than one round in the draft. Just cause some people want to draft O in round want doesn't mean their not real fans.
manilathrilla1

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kcrazy wrote:
I am a big defense fan. I am a big Buccaneers fan. I wanted D.J. Williams last year but I'm very happy with Clayton. Now Johnson a great player but we need a running back or another wide reciever. Ronnie Brwon is the best fit for our draft plus their is more than one round in the draft. Just cause some people want to draft O in round want doesn't mean their not real fans.

I'm not saying that people that want O aren't real BUC fans, I just wanted the real Buc fans to respond...I too wanted D.J. last year, but fine with Clayton, but why not draft D.J. this year?...Kcrazy, if we take a reciever dont you think we waste him or clayton? think of how many teams have two great recievers? not many and those that do will lose one when both contracts are up. look at burress and ward this year, ones gone. and my major question is when do we draft 1st round defense, a playmaker? I hope Marinelli and Kiffin get to sway Allens mind this year at the draft. D.J.!!!
stevethepirate22

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its not a certainty that derrick will go to the browns at pick #3... first of all crennel will want a 3-4.. and derrick isnt a 3-4 LB...3-4 LB's have to be able to shed blocks and thats the knock on him.. so dont go saying oh he wont be there.. when we dont know.. or maybe you do know and need to be working in the NFL...yeah im doubtin that one...i think either derrick, mike, braylon or benson are the only options at # 5.. i think you should drop for anyone else...if you have a chance watch bensons highlight reel...he runs through so many people and has better hands then people expect... plus hes a proven thing.. un like brown and carnell
Kcrazy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ronnie Brown is probaly the most versitle player in this draft, he fit the offense perfectly and has the hands of a wide reciever. Ronnie best quality is that he has little mileage on his body but yet has proven himself with what little time he has had to shine. Before this season started I was stuck on Benson, I refused the possiblity of their being a better running back. But toward the end of the colledge season I got to see Ronnie Brwon play and he's amazing and perfect for Gruden's offense. Once the combines roll by and the coachs see is athletic ability it's going to be hard to pas up on him.

Now the reason we dont draft D is because or defense is pretty solid still. So why waste big money on a player who more than likely won't make a big impact in the following season. We can draft player in the later rounds to be developed. Ronde Barber wasn't a first round but look how good he is. We have a lot of picks this year and outside a running back and kicker the rest of the picks should go D. Don't forget Cooper whom we drafted last year, he has the making of a solid player and he too is an outside linebacker.
manilathrilla1

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kcrazy wrote:

Now the reason we dont draft D is because or defense is pretty solid still. So why waste big money on a player who more than likely won't make a big impact in the following season. We can draft player in the later rounds to be developed. Ronde Barber wasn't a first round but look how good he is. We have a lot of picks this year and outside a running back and kicker the rest of the picks should go D. Don't forget Cooper whom we drafted last year, he has the making of a solid player and he too is an outside linebacker.

Yes, ronde wasn't a first, he was a third, but i'm not talking about corner, i prefer drafting corner later, but derrick brooks was a first, warren sapp was a first (the same year 1995), and they are argueably the best two bucs of all-time...Cooper is a weak-side linebacker, 225 pounds, so he is going to take over for brooks, but what about strong-side, gold will be gone and shelton is 33!...i flip the question now, whats so wrong with drafting D in the first? but i do agree that ronnie is better than benson, benson also has high mileage with all those carries at tex. the only offense i would like is ronnie or cadillac, because they'll help our defense with the clock...no recievers please.
Kcrazy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright I agree with you their, but just because a player is drafted i round one doesn't garuntee that he'll fill in the job. Many seem to think Gold is on his way and might be true, but we still have Ryan Neece who was just as good as Gold. Shelton is getting old but drafting a middle lineback with pick 5 wouldn't be wise, and DJ is good but i dont think he can play in the middle were he'll be up against the o-line alot more. Defensive Tackle wise the depth in the draft isnb't great but FA is still open for that, Sapp wouldn't be out of the question for us to resign.
Marines05

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our defense is good we need to spend a couple of draft picks on offense then next defense will be our no.1 priority
haggis

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tampa needs

WR
RB
OT
TE

DT
DE
OLB
MLB
FS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: