Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

WORST PATS DRAFT MOVE EVER...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BUMPANDRUN

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 2:01 am    Post subject: WORST PATS DRAFT MOVE EVER... Reply with quote

Under Grier we took Chris Canty while Sam Madison was still on the board....

It still kills me.
andrew91

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it was horrible, Canty just plain sucked
What was it we saw in him anyway?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

andrew91 wrote:
Yeah, it was horrible, Canty just plain sucked
What was it we saw in him anyway?

He was a great coverman in college and ran a 4.4 40 I think.

I still regret taking Randy Moss Smile

Iggles wrote:
This guy gets it. Seriously, the ideas being espoused here need to get to 88 mph so they can go back to the 1950's.

I'm a cold-blooded dickens.
wrayce

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you also took graham in the first round and miami took randy mcmicheal in the fourth that was a pretty bad move also

graham is alright but not 1st round quality and randy is pretty good

not to rub it in your guys face or anything Very Happy

My signature gallery
RD

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's nothing to rub in anyone's face.

Graham is better than McMichael.

If Graham were used more as a receiver, his numbers would be better. McMichael is a slightly better receiver, but its not by much. In terms of blocking, its not even close as Graham is one of the elite in the game.
andrew91

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If blocking tight ends could make the pro bowl theese days, Graham would go. And we all saw what he could do early on in the season when we gace gim the ball

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graham wasn't that bad of a pick considering the are two different types of tight-ends, and I don't think he is worth that high of a pick but I also don't follow the patriots so I do not know what team needs they had at the time.

Randy McMicheal is a Playmaker and a good receiving tight end and grabbing him in the 4th was a huge steal but not a bust for the Pats. But McMicheals average receiving and Grahams are virtually the same 11.6(Randy) to 11.1(Graham) respectively. Mcmicheal has started all the games of his career (48 for 48 ) where Graham started only (29 of the 40 he played in) and had twice the catches for twice the yards but for 2 fewer touchdowns.

Grahmn hasn't played nearly as much as McMicheal has and is not the Number 1 receiver on his team. McMicheal is 2 Behind Chambers imo.

I personally would rather have a Tight-end that can block great and Catch Average-Above Average than a Tight End that has poor blocking skills but a great receiver.

They are both good Tight ends and I wouldn't mind having either on my team.

Note: I am not a Patriots fan nor sympathizer and I would rather se the Dolphins win than the Pats but I am sure New England has made a worse pick than Daniel Graham a whole lot worse.
wrayce

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah but randy is not a bad blocker and is not just slightly but he is better than graham

but you think using a 21st overall pick on a blocking tight end is good just put a small guard at that spot not a 21 st overall backup tight end

witten is a good tight end that is an excellent blocker and can catch passes and if randy had a better QB he would be a pro bowl tight end
randy is also a playmaker type player and for a 4th he is a steal

and graham isn't worth a 1st

randys stats last year
73 receptions 791yards 10.8 average 4 touchdowns thats a pro bowl year
dans stats last year
30 receptions 364 yards 12.1 average 7 touchdowns

he is good but randy is better even though randy is used more as a reciever than graham but graham did start 14 games to randys 16

another bad draft pick was Andy Katzenmoyer lb in 1999 you picked him before al wilson lb (denver) and mike peterson lb (jacksonville) and a couple others like mike rucker(panthers) and dre bly(lions)

i think it is 21st overall in 2002i dont remember but it is something like that

My signature gallery
Blknite01

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You pretty much reiterated everything I said.

"yeah but randy is not a bad blocker and is not just slightly but he is better than graham"

That sentence makes no sense at all... is not just slightly but he is better... what does that even mean.

I agree Graham probably wasn't worth a first round pick but he is not utilized as much as Randy and TE might have been a major hole for the Patriots at the time and Graham was a good option.

I think Graham could be a good receiving TE, he did have more Touchdowns than Randy and a better average. Not taking away from Randy he is a good TE and he definitely was a steal in the 4th round but like I said it was more a Steal for the Dolphins than a bust for the Pats.
Canadian_Patriot

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graham is soooo worth a first round pick....its not like we picked him and ended up with nobody in that draft... We got the superbowl MVP in the second round.(Steal ) Jarvis Green in the 4th( pretty close to a steal) and David Givens in the 7th 253rd OVERALL lol ( bit of a steal i think.)

So if you look back at how everyone draft i bet we are in the top 10 as far as quality.

And i don't see how showing last years numbers proves anything for randy...if the were both thrown to the same amount of times grahams number would own his. We have alot of targets though...so he doesn't get the ball as much.

Deadpulse on the sig!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Canadian_Patriot

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graham is soooo worth a first round pick....its not like we picked him and ended up with nobody in that draft... We got the superbowl MVP in the second round.(Steal ) Jarvis Green in the 4th( pretty close to a steal) and David Givens in the 7th 253rd OVERALL lol ( bit of a steal i think.)

So if you look back at how everyone draft i bet we are in the top 10 as far as quality.

And i don't see how showing last years numbers proves anything for randy...if the were both thrown to the same amount of times grahams number would own his. We have alot of targets though...so he doesn't get the ball as much.

Deadpulse on the sig!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Canadian_Patriot

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

woops Cool

Deadpulse on the sig!
andrew91

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Triple whoops lol
As I said, look at what happned when we gave Graham the ball early-5 straight games with a td was it?
But Randy needed toet the ball more this year since Boston was out, Booker wasnt as good as everyone thought, and the phins had no depenable passing game whatsoever, so giving it to the big sure handed target was all they could do most of the time

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

most of patriots good players come in later rounds they do draft good after 1st i am definitly aware of that graham is the only person on thier team they drafted that was a first round pick so i know they can draft

dolphins are pretty much the same way

My signature gallery
CowboyChris

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea, just think Dallas got Whitten in the 3rd round - 2 1st round picks on 2 average TE's - hummm...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: