Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Raiders Vrs. Niners
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:24 pm    Post subject: Raiders Vrs. Niners Reply with quote

Big week didnt see a post so Ill make one

things to look for

-Can Bush keep up the pace dmac has set on the ground
-Can the O-line keep JC from gettin creamed (see: Laboy)
-Can the run D contain Gore
-Will the pass D make Smith look good
-Special teams : can they be special again

must win

for braggin rights in the Bay and to go 500. Cool

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
latinraiderfan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys , i just want to let you know that this game is going to be very important to me

for the simple reason that i wil be abe to WATCH IT!

yes!, my cable is going to put the game , they put the raiders like once in a blue moon so its going to be very exciting for me

i would love to have been able to see bruce or mcfadden but i am happy just to seee my raiders , and they really have to win

so it would be nice to SEE the game and not just follow it on game center or in a laggin internet transmission , plus the comentarist is going to be JOE MONTANA

LETS GO RAiders!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Gradkowski had no helmet or protective shells for the light practice.

Players who were not at practice were defensive tackle John Henderson (stress fracture), Travis Goethel (lower back), running back Michael Bennett (hamstring), linebacker Thomas Howard (knee) and wide receiver Chaz Schilens (knee).

Darren McFadden was suited up and chances are Cable will say itís a game time decision later this afternoon.

http://www.ibabuzz.com/oaklandraiders/2010/10/15/status-quo-on-injuries/

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
LivingLegendWFC

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
Quote:
Gradkowski had no helmet or protective shells for the light practice.

Players who were not at practice were defensive tackle John Henderson (stress fracture), Travis Goethel (lower back), running back Michael Bennett (hamstring), linebacker Thomas Howard (knee) and wide receiver Chaz Schilens (knee).

Darren McFadden was suited up and chances are Cable will say itís a game time decision later this afternoon.

http://www.ibabuzz.com/oaklandraiders/2010/10/15/status-quo-on-injuries/

Does this mean we will see Walter McFadden for Sunday's game? I really want to see what he can bring to the table. I have high hopes for the kid.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This game is a must win. They must overcome and get a win. Not only that but they should try and dominate the game from the start. We dont want to let the 49ers get close. They have healthy RB's so we need to force them to throw. Bush should be able to get 100yards and hopefully we will get him more involved in the passing game now that his thumb has had another week to heal. If DMac can play I really like our chances. KC racked up over 200 yards on the ground against them. Which opened up the passing attack for Cassell who had his best game passing for 250 yards and 3 TDs. Casell's style is most like Campbell's from the QB's they have faced. Short to medium conservative. But I think Campbell is way better QB.

Our secondary needs to make plays. CJ should not be allowed on the outside. They need to have ASO shadow Crabtree as he will be looking for a big night. They also need to give Mitchell more chances against Davis as he did pretty good against arguabley the best TE in the league(Gates). I hope that either Ware or McFadden are good to go as the nickel corner and lets just leave CJ out of this one if at all possible. Run D needs to be perfect. Gore is a beast and his backup could end up being better. Leave Shaggy at DE.

We need more Nick Miller.

I will say this. If Campbell can find anyway to get our WR's going then he will likely keep the starting job. I think he knows that also.
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
This game is a must win. They must overcome and get a win. Not only that but they should try and dominate the game from the start. We dont want to let the 49ers get close. They have healthy RB's so we need to force them to throw. Bush should be able to get 100yards and hopefully we will get him more involved in the passing game now that his thumb has had another week to heal. If DMac can play I really like our chances. KC racked up over 200 yards on the ground against them. Which opened up the passing attack for Cassell who had his best game passing for 250 yards and 3 TDs. Casell's style is most like Campbell's from the QB's they have faced. Short to medium conservative. But I think Campbell is way better QB.

Our secondary needs to make plays. CJ should not be allowed on the outside. They need to have ASO shadow Crabtree as he will be looking for a big night. They also need to give Mitchell more chances against Davis as he did pretty good against arguabley the best TE in the league(Gates). I hope that either Ware or McFadden are good to go as the nickel corner and lets just leave CJ out of this one if at all possible. Run D needs to be perfect. Gore is a beast and his backup could end up being better. Leave Shaggy at DE.

I will say this. If Campbell can find anyway to get our WR's going then he will likely keep the starting job. I think he knows that also.

hell yea

i cant wait till we can open up more 3 wr sets

and more screens to the fb

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
big_palooka

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a statement game. No body believes the Raiders can win this one. They are coming in as underdogs to an 0-5 team.

This team has a chance to make a statement. Coming off a big win, bringing with them confidence to put down a team desperate for a win.

The game plan is simple:

On Offense:

-Run the ball. Bush should carry the load and if DMAC is healthy or close to it, mix him in.

-Use the run to set up the PA Pass. Get Campbell moving on bootlegs to mask Oline issues.

-Protection is key. 9ers will come hard thinking they can dominate the Raiders front. Protection will allow routes to develop and the ball to get deep.

On Defense:

-Pressure Smith. The guy is begging to be benched in Favor of David Carr. If the Raiders sit back in their man scheme and let him throw, ala Derek Anderson, he will complete passes and be successful.

-Attack the 2 rookies on their Oline. Make them pick up blitzes and try and contain Seymour. Hit Alex, get him hearing footsteps early.

-Contain Gore. Guy is a beast, he's going to get his. But the Raiders can't give up the big play to him.

-Similar coverage on Davis given to Gates. The 9ers don't have a WR who can dominate smaller CBs like Floyd.

Bottom Line:

The Raiders need to ATTACK. Play inspired, 'we are better than you' football. Get an early lead and force the ball into Smiths feeble hands. His psyche is fragile and he will turn the ball over (and get blasted by that joke of a coach).

Again, statement game. This is the Raiders at their all to familiar. Coming off a big win and expected to lay an egg. If this team is any different than the ones of the past 7 years, this will be a dominate showing and a win, period, end of story!

Let's go RRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDDDDDDDDDDERS!!!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
They need to have ASO shadow Crabtree as he will be looking for a big night.

Outside of Crabtree and Davis, they dont have very good WRs. Ginn is basically a barely more refined verion of DHB.

TiberiusRising wrote:
Run D needs to be perfect. Gore is a beast and his backup could end up being better.

Gore has not looked good running the ball all year, but he is still Frank Gore and needs to be accounted for. He can really hurt us as a receiver out of the backfield.

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
BayArea07

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-The offensive line needs to follow up last weeks solid game with another one. Keeping Jason Campbell protected is a must. We can't afford for him to get knocked out of the game, for him to play scared, or for him to get strip sacked due to bad protection.

-Jason Campbell needs to play with that confidence that he had last week. Hopefully he can get the ball to our wide outs this week, because although the 49ers corners have been solid, they lack deep speed so hopefully we can exploit that. I want Jason Campbell to have more faith in himself, his strong arm and the receivers around him. The 49ers coverages might make him more hesitant then usual though, which is what I'm worried about.

- We need to establish the run. If we can run the ball well, that will set the tempo for the game, help take some pressure off of Jason Campbell in the passing game, and help keep the defense stay off the field. Hopefully Darren McFadden is ready to play.

- The Raiders need to effectively get to the QB and make Alex Smith turn the ball over. He's turned the ball over the most of any QB in the NFL, and his turnovers have directly resulted in the 49ers losing 5 games. If this pass defense doesn't rebound after getting torched against Rivers last week, then they have serious problems. It's bad enough that Derek Anderson had a decent game for his standards against this defense. That can't happen again. The Raiders need to bring the pressure.

- Frank Gore is a great RB that only needs a little daylight to take it the distance. The Raiders need to play strong inside, and dominate the trenches. I'm confident in Big Sey showing up, but hopefully Tommy Kelly will as well. If Matt Shaughnessy is starting on the outside again, that will make our run defense that much better as Frank Gore is capable of cutting back outside if he sees no running lanes inside. The entire D needs to finish plays and make sure he doesn't get the tackle breaking yards that he so often gets.

The outcome of this game will depend on which QB makes the least mistakes. If Alex Smith isn't making mistakes, I don't like our chances. If so, hopefully Campbell is having a good day, because I'll really like our chances. This game is up in the air to me.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen a bit of the 9ers this year and Anthony Davis seems to be really struggling at RT. Hopefully, Marshall takes advantage of this by sending Wimbley on a few blitzes. With Houston powering through and Wimbley speeding around the edge, i doubt Davis can handle it.
NickButera

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:

But how many times in the last 5 years have we been able to get a lead and keep a lead of 2 scores or more? Only a very few amount of times. I suspect this will be like every other heart breaker we watch and will come down to the wire. SF is good team, they're going to be fighting. We just need to keep our offense on the field and produce good drives. I'm confident that Alex Smith will make enough mistakes for us to win if we keep our offense going all game long.

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Also, my short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
NickButera

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
They need to have ASO shadow Crabtree as he will be looking for a big night.

Outside of Crabtree and Davis, they dont have very good WRs. Ginn is basically a barely more refined verion of DHB.

TiberiusRising wrote:
Run D needs to be perfect. Gore is a beast and his backup could end up being better.

Gore has not looked good running the ball all year, but he is still Frank Gore and needs to be accounted for. He can really hurt us as a receiver out of the backfield.

Crabtree and Davis with Gore is all they're going to need to be effective against us. Gore will have a day against us no matter what, I think he's too good to be completely plugged. I think some of the issues Gore has had, is due to having 2 rookie lineman. They are still adjusting and hopefully our veterans can take advantage of that in the pass and run game.

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Also, my short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Speed_Wrench

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
This is a statement game. No body believes the Raiders can win this one. They are coming in as underdogs to an 0-5 team.

That right there says it all, odds makers think we should be the team with the 0-5 record not the other way around.This is the sort of news you have blown way way up on the locker room wall to get your guys fired up.As far as I'm concerned this is the season right here this game sunday and I think Cable needs to tell the guys the same, that the experts don't think for one this team deserves to be 2-3 let alone the strong possibility we could be 3-2 but that an 0-5 team should beat us at a game that is virtually a home game to boot.The last 7 years needs to be put behind us this sunday cause if the raiders win this game sunday we will beat denver the following week that I am sure of and seattle the week after that.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea its really big,

i live in oakland 7 years ago for like 6 months and i remember how mucho raiders fans and niners fans dislike each other

if we somehow win this one, it will be huge for confident

and this may sound crazy but i tink if we win , i see the raiders fighting for a wil card spot
SPaceGhost

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:

This team has a chance to make a statement. Coming off a big win, bringing with them confidence to put down a team desperate for a win.

The game plan is simple:

On Offense:

-Run the ball. Bush should carry the load and if DMAC is healthy or close to it, mix him in.

-Use the run to set up the PA Pass. Get Campbell moving on bootlegs to mask Oline issues.

-Protection is key. 9ers will come hard thinking they can dominate the Raiders front. Protection will allow routes to develop and the ball to get deep.

On Defense:

-Pressure Smith. The guy is begging to be benched in Favor of David Carr. If the Raiders sit back in their man scheme and let him throw, ala Derek Anderson, he will complete passes and be successful.

-Attack the 2 rookies on their Oline. Make them pick up blitzes and try and contain Seymour. Hit Alex, get him hearing footsteps early.

-Contain Gore. Guy is a beast, he's going to get his. But the Raiders can't give up the big play to him.

-Similar coverage on Davis given to Gates. The 9ers don't have a WR who can dominate smaller CBs like Floyd.

Bottom Line:

The Raiders need to ATTACK. Play inspired, 'we are better than you' football. Get an early lead and force the ball into Smiths feeble hands. His psyche is fragile and he will turn the ball over (and get blasted by that joke of a coach).

Again, statement game. This is the Raiders at their all to familiar. Coming off a big win and expected to lay an egg. If this team is any different than the ones of the past 7 years, this will be a dominate showing and a win, period, end of story!

Let's go RRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDDDDDDDDDDERS!!!

I'm going to have to say no to McFadden, let Bush get the carries and Cartwright can spell him. Let DMC heal up and be ready for the rest of the season, Bush can handle this game.

I don't know about doing to Davis what we did to Gates... cause our Safeties sure got beat deep bad. If we can adjust it so Davis gets the treatment he needs while not giving up the deep ball, cool. MUST NOT LET THEM GO OVER THE TOP. You KNOW they've watched every other team do it to us, they'll want to do it too. DO NOT LET THEM BEAT US DEEP.

Definitely blitz on their rookie O-linemen, the more we get to Smith the better, and the earlier the better. Hope we can put some points up right away and help take Gore out of the equation (make them pass). Our man2man coverage should be good in this game, but without a pass rush anyone can burn us.

I have no doubt we can win this, especially if we come out fast like last week and demoralize SF. I'm not above hitting someone when they're down to make sure they stay down. Twisted Evil

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36  Next
Page 1 of 36

Jump to: